Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dell laptop explodes at Japanese conference, Don't use laptop on your lap, lol.

Truth Seeker
Group: Members
Member No.: 55
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 30 2006, 07:59 AM
Quote Post
AN INQUIRER READER attending a conference in Japan was sat just feet away from a laptop computer that suddenly exploded into flames, in what could have been a deadly accident.
Gaston, our astonished reader reports: "The damn thing was on fire and produced several explosions for more than five minutes".

Should you witness such an event, his advice is, "Don't try anything courageous/stupid, stay away, away, away!"

user posted image
http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles...l%20banger1.jpg

"For the record, this is a Dell machine," notes Gaston. "It is only a matter of time until such an incident breaks out on a plane," he suggests.

Our witness managed to catch all the action in these amazing pictures.

"Fire extinguishers leave a mess on your suit and belongings; pack your stuff (if you can) and leave, leave, leave!" he advises.

We don't have any further details of the model of the computer in question. In light of the evidence, however, we'd suggest you avoid actually using a laptop on your lap. Ouch.

user posted image
http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles...l%20banger2.jpg
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32550

http://www.laptopical.com/recall-battery-2006.html
Certain Dell notebook batteries can overheat and pose a fire risk, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Dell. The mainstream computer manufacturer has gotten wind of three incidents involving the batteries where damage was reported to a tabletop, a desktop, and "personal effects." No personal injuries have been reported yet, however in the interest of public safety Dell opted for a recall.

These potentially defective batteries can be identified by inspecting them. Locate the batteries, where else, in the battery bay, which is located on the computer's underside, for you notebook novices. The battery will say "Dell" and "Made in Japan" or "Made in China" on it. Also look for the identification number, found on a white sticker on the battery. You may need this later when talking to Dell customer service.

Texas-based Dell says that about 22,000 of these batteries were distributed in the United States between October 5, 2004, and October 12, 2005. They were sold with these Dell laptops: Latitude models D410, D505, D510, D600, D610, D800, D810; Inspiron models 510M, 600M, 6000, 8600, 9200, 9300, XPS Gen 2; and Dell Precision models M20 and M70 mobile workstations. Some of the batteries may have been distributed individually, either as replacements or as secondary batteries.

If you suspect you have one of these Dell batteries, stop using it. Contact Dell at 866-342-0011, toll-free in the United States, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; go to their Web site at http://www.dellbatteryprogram.com; or write the old-fashioned way to Dell Inc., Attn: Battery Program, 9701 Metric Blvd., Suite 200 Austin, Texas 78758.

atombomb.gif

This post has been edited by PuPP on Jun 30 2006, 01:50 PM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 30 2006, 02:01 PM
Quote Post
Hi Val, thanks for the report!

Here's some more interesting info about laptops for men.

Posted by PuPP
Dec 10 2004
Laptop Use Can Damage Male Fertility

Researchers at the State University of New York at Stony Brook showed that prolonged laptop use heated men's testicles on the order of 5 degrees Fahrenheit, within the 1.8 degree to 5.2 degree range found to impair the production of male sperm.

http://www.puppstheories.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3611

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 470
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 30 2006, 09:27 PM
Quote Post
Greetings All ...

Errrmmm.. Geeeez Pupp !!!

Now ya gots me worrit !!

Am the owner operator of a Dell Laptop .. sigh ..

Its been a ''good soldier'' as it were .. and has been virtually
''Noddy proof'' .. meaning .. it seems to still operate DESPITE my
amateurish attempts to adjust EVERYTHING and fark around with
the operating system in an attempt to fix problems that occurred
after blithely downloading shareware .. ARRGHHHH ..
( needs a reformat .. and am too challenged to actually achieve this ..)

Looking at the SUITS who were attending the conference where the
laptop ''spontaneously combusted'' ..

I'm guessing that the model is a far more RECENT model than mine ..

The models of the last few years .. dont seem to be as hardy or multi purpose
as the one I have ..

Ennyhoo ..

SHOULD mine spontaneously combust .. heh heh ..
I will immediately post action shots here ..

Best wishes ..
Nodstar* MARVINBlinkNewEmot3.gif

This post has been edited by Nodstar on Jun 30 2006, 11:12 PM

--------------------
user posted image"In PuPP We Trust" user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 30 2006, 11:35 PM
Quote Post
Noddy, I may be able to help you re-format if you have 2 things.

1. A boot-up disk (usually a 3.5 floppy disk)

2. Windows Operating System Installation CD

If you have those 2 things let me know.

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 470
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 1 2006, 05:14 AM
Quote Post
Hey Pupp ..
I'm gonna get a floppy disc or two as soon as I can ..
I have the reboot disc ..
I'td be just wunnerful if we could manage to do this via fone or chat !!!
COOOL ..
Ready to roll ..!!!!
Thanks heaps ..
Nodstar*MARVINBlinkNewEmot3.gif

--------------------
user posted image"In PuPP We Trust" user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 1 2006, 12:59 PM
Quote Post
Hoy Noddy, :::knock on wood::: I havn't formated my HD since Aug of 2002, but before that, from 1999-2002, I had to format my HD no less than 30 times. I lost so much information, files and images, but the good thing is, I have more files/images today than ever.

We could probably easily do it over the phone, but ya know I charge 3 cents a minute. Chortle, snarfle, cough cough.
face.gif

--------------------

~ Buddha

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 244
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 4 2006, 06:41 PM
Quote Post
Here's some more fuel to add or maybe not:

Dell probes exploding laptop incident
Wednesday, June 28, 2006;
(Reuters)
NEW YORK -- The Dell laptop computer seen bursting into flames in photographs on the Internet was being examined as part of the company's probe of the incident, Dell Inc. said Tuesday.

"We have captured the notebook and have begun investigating the event," Dell spokeswoman Anne Camden said, confirming the computer was made by Dell but declining to specify the model. No one was hurt in the incident, she said.

The report of an exploding laptop at a conference in Osaka, Japan, accompanied by digital photos, was first published on technology industry news Web site The Inquirer last week.

Dell in December 2005 issued a battery recall for some of the batteries in its laptop due to overheating issues, according to the company's Web site.

Camden said it was too early to draw any conclusions and added that it did not appear that the incident had anything to do with the battery issues related to the recall.

"From here it's going to be a very methodical and meticulous process to figure out what happened," Camden said.

This post has been edited by PuPP on Jul 16 2006, 04:05 AM

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 4 2006, 06:46 PM
Quote Post
Yes and I have a Dell Laptop just purchased last year. I did some research and they did not send me a new battery saying that my laptop was not one of those listed for the recall. When I used my laptop it would overheat to the point where I have to shut it down. I wrote a complaint to Dell about this and then called their customer service department and they could not figure out what I was talking about. I gave up and hung up the phone after being on hold for an hour trying to explain the recall to them.

I then sent my batery in to be replaced anyway. They sent me a new battery along with a bill. I did not pay on the bill stating that it was part of a recall. They continued to swear up and down that my laptop was not on the recall list. This is crazy and if you do purchase a Dell product, do not get the extended warranty because their customer service is horrible!

PMEmail Poster

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 55
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 5 2006, 11:37 AM
Quote Post
I think they have or are planning on outsourcing their help desk, so the service could get even worse. No offense to off-shore workers; I know it's not your fault!

We have no idea of the crap that goes on. Several years ago my PC started to reboot itself constantly. The problem turned out to be a faulty capacitor which resulted from a shady electronics manufacturer using a stolen "recipe". nono2.gif

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 15 2006, 06:41 PM
Quote Post
Dell has a huge recall out for laptop batteries. The model in the above picture is an earlier model than mine. I searched for my laptop on the recall list and it was not on the list. I sent an email to Dell letting them know that my laptop heats up sparingly during use. I will post more information as it becomes available. Sony, the makers of the laptop batteries will have huge financial problems as a result of this recall. lol.gif

This post has been edited by akihset2004 on Aug 16 2006, 01:08 PM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 17 2006, 10:28 AM
Quote Post
Four Million Laptops Recalled Amid Dell Fire Fears
http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1196182006

--------------------

~ Buddha

Minister Of Information
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 27 2006, 07:53 PM
Quote Post
Unfortunately, my battery was not on that list of recalls. They think they are slick, I will look at alternatives for a laptop battery. I will no longer use the one Dell sent with the laptop.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0396 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild