Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Activists threaten to ram Japanese whalers, militant enviro group 'Sea Shepherd'

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 15 2008, 03:06 PM
Quote Post
user posted image
Activists threaten to ram Japanese whalers
terradaily.com
14 Jan 2008 
The militant environmental group Sea Shepherd said Monday that it had located the Japanese whaling fleet near Antarctica and threatened to ram them if they resumed slaughtering the giant sea creatures.

Paul Watson, captain of the Sea Shepherd's ship, said the leading Japanese vessel, the Nisshin Maru, was now outside the hunting area and had not killed any whales in the past 48 hours.

"I think they're running scared really," he told AFP via telephone from on board the ship.

"When we found them originally they were down by the icebergs and as we were moving in they started running and they've been running ever since."

In response to a question, Watson confirmed he would ram the Japanese fleet if his ship came upon them killing whales.

But he added: "It is something we have to do very carefully because it's very remote and rough waters down here."

Australia, which has led international opposition to the hunt, has warned environmentalists against dangerous manoeuvres in the ice-cold conditions due to the difficulty of any rescue operation.

But Watson said his group felt empowered to ram the boats because of global opposition to Japan's plans to kill 1,000 whales.

Tokyo exploits a loophole in a 1986 international moratorium on commercial whaling to kill whales for what it calls scientific research, while admitting the meat from the hunt ends up on dinner plates.

"We didn't come down here to protest, really we came down intervene and to disable them if need be," Watson said. "As long as we don't injure any of their crew. We certainly can damage their equipment."

The global environmental pressure group Greenpeace also has a vessel in the area tracking the whalers.

Karli Thomas, expedition leader on the Greenpeace ship Esperanza, said her boat had caught up with the Nisshin Maru early Saturday.

"As long as we can keep her on the run we can stop the entire fleet from catching whales," she told AFP.

Thomas said the Greenpeace activists were prepared to put their boats and themselves between the harpoons and the whales if the Nisshin Maru turned back to the hunting ground.

"We'll do anything we can within the boundaries of non-violent direct action to stop them from killing whales," she said.

http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Activist...halers_999.html

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Group: Members
Member No.: 470
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 15 2008, 06:51 PM
Quote Post
GREENPEACE and AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT IN WHALING WAR
Andrew Darby in Hobart and Alex Tibbitts
January 16, 2008

Kidnapped ... Australian Benjamin Potts.
user posted image
Photo: AP
THE war between whalers and protesters has escalated dramatically, with an Australian man allegedly beaten and tied up aboard a Japanese vessel, hours after a court ruled the Antarctic whale hunt was illegal.

Benjamin Potts, 28, a helicopter assistant from the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society's vessel, the Steve Irwin, and Giles Lane, 35, a Briton, were detained yesterday after boarding the moving whaling catcher boat the Yushin Maru No. 2 in the Antarctic.

The leader of Sea Shepherd, Captain Paul Watson, said the incident happened after the group's vessel broke up the whaling fleet's attempt to resupply in the Southern Ocean.

The two men had boarded the whaling ship in an attempt to deliver a letter telling the whalers to leave the Antarctic, Captain Watson said.

"First the whalers tried to throw them overboard, then they tied them to a bulkhead and were beating them," Captain Watson told the Herald.

"They assaulted them, they tied them to the rails and actually at one point those rails went under water up to their waists.

"Then they came back and untied them and brought them up to the top deck and tied them for a couple of hours to the radar masts, and then they brought them inside the vessel and we haven't seen them since.

"I was a little surprised. I expected the Japanese to have treated them a little more decently.

"In fact, they tried to throw Benjamin overboard and he had to struggle to stop being thrown overboard because the boat was travelling at 17 knots (30 kmh) and it would have been extremely dangerous.

"It's a serious situation. They have been kidnapped and held against their will.

"We are concerned but I know the Australian and British governments are in touch with the Japanese government."

A spokesman for the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Stephen Smith, said: "The Government is investigating the reports as a matter of priority."

Sea Shepherd's international director, Jonny Vasic, said the two men were not allowed to leave the whaling vessel after delivering their letter. "We have a photo that shows that when they were held they were basically strapped by the arms with zip-ties and tied with rope around their chests, and then they were held there for several hours in the cold and then, about 2½ to three hours after that, they were taken below," he said.

Despite the photograph from Sea Shepherd appearing to show the two men having been tied up, the director-general of Japan's Institute of Cetacean Research, Minoru Morimoto, said: "Any accusations that we have tied them up or assaulted them are completely untrue."

Mr Morimoto accused them of trying to entangle the screw of the whaling ship with ropes and throwing bottles of acid onto the decks.

Mr Watson said the two hostages were acting peacefully, but a substance he described as "rancid butter acid, a stink bomb" was thrown by others in the inflatable craft onto the deck of the Japanese vessel to disrupt the crew and slow the vessel.

Earlier, a Federal Court decision raised the pressure on the Federal Government to act against the whalers if they continued to hunt in the Australian Whale Sanctuary in the Antarctic.

The Federal Opposition called on the Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, to get involved. "What Mr Rudd must do now is pick up the phone and call the Japanese Prime Minister," said the Opposition's environment spokesman, Greg Hunt. "This court decision provides enormous moral force, and the Government must act."

The Attorney-General, Robert McClelland, said the Federal Court decision would potentially have a deterrent effect but he ruled out the use of the Customs ship Oceanic Viking to stop the hunt, because it would put lives at risk in a dangerous ocean.

Mr McClelland said that to end whaling it was essential to win the co-operation of the Japanese. "I think that strategy [using the ship to stop the hunt] would result in the boomerang effect, that is actually entrench stronger opposition rather than induce a change of approach," he said.

The combination of pressures - the court decision, the persistence of protesters and the imminent arrival of the Oceanic Viking to monitor the hunt - calls into question future whaling by Japan this summer. Already the Japanese Government has ordered the whalers not to take humpbacks in a deal reached with the US under Australian pressure.

The court's decision to rule the whaling illegal under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act follows a long struggle by Humane Society International.

The group persisted after the Howard government rejected the case as as politically damaging and futile because Japan did not recognise Australian jurisdiction.

Since the Australian Whale Sanctuary was declared 200 nautical miles off the coast of the Australian Antarctic Territory, the society estimates that 1253 minke and nine fin whales have been harpooned inside it.

But Japan does not recognise Australia's territorial claim in the Antarctic, nor did its whaling company acknowledge the legal action.

Despite this, Justice James Allsop ordered that the whaling company Kyodo Senpaku Kaisha be restrained from killing, injuring, taking or interfering with any minke, fin or humpback whale in the sanctuary.

He concluded that, based on Japan's maps of its kill sites, a significant number of whales had already been taken. The maps are presented to the International Whaling Commission each year as evidence of Japan's claim that it is conducting research.

As yesterday's drama unfolded, Mr Morimoto, who is also Japan's representative on the commission, reaffirmed his nation's position. In today's Herald he writes: "It is time for some common sense to be brought into the debate … There are enough whales for both those that want to watch them and those who want to eat them."

EDIT >:(

As a lifetime member of GREENPEACE I can inform international readers that
we here in Australia have been fighting to preserve the breeding grounds of
these gentle guardians of the marine ecology of the oceans of the world.

Its taken nearly 20 years of brave efforts by Greenpeace to prevent an extinction
event in these precious breeding grounds and in the last few years the numbers
have finally increased and the Japanese government has ignored an international
court ruling to cease and desist their sham monitoring of the southern oceans
by harvesting whales to test for changes in the marine environment.

New technology has been developed that outdates whale slaughter for scientific purposes.

The truth is that whale meat is a delicacy in Japan and brings high prices on the meat market.

They also eat dolphins :o

I will be contacting the office of the Minister of the Environment Peter Garrett
as soon as I finish this post to see what else I can do to contribute.

I wonder if AL GORE has a website I can email.

Nod

--------------------
user posted image"In PuPP We Trust" user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 365
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 15 2008, 07:19 PM
Quote Post
NUKE the bastards.......!!!!!!! it worked before!

satchmo furious.gif

PMEmail Poster

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 15 2008, 07:46 PM
Quote Post
Hey Satchmo

NUKE the bastards.......!!!!!!! it worked before!

satchmo furious.gif

roflsmiley.gif roflsmiley.gif roflsmiley.gif

You do mean the Japanese and not the whales ... right ? lol2.gif

I've written to the Oz Environmental Minister Peter Garrett from the famous Oz
band MIDNITE OIL ..and am composing an email to a certain famous Nobel prize winner .

Been a busy day here in Casa del Nod .

Hugs
Nod

This post has been edited by Nodstar on Jan 15 2008, 07:50 PM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Hoss the SURVIVER
Member No.: 261
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 16 2008, 03:21 AM
Quote Post
HI ALL

If the are being held in Australian waters by the whalers then it is up to the Australian Government to get them of the Japanese whaler.
There is a thing called due care to your citizens.
Though going onto the whaler was not that brilliant thing to do

Garret has no say in anything, he has to do as the PARTY TELLS him.

Hoss dee don't nuke the slanty eyed bastards leave'um' swimming in ice water .
Slower that way

E G M waving.gif scratchinghead.gif waving.gif waving.gif waving.gif

shock.gif shock.gif fracl it's cold in here with the whales tissue.gif

--------------------
MONGERAL & WORKIN AT IT
*&*
THERE ARE FOUR KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD....

THOSE THAT LIKE YOU FOR THE RIGHT REASONS
THOSE THAT LIKE YOU FOR THE WRONG REASONS
THOSE THAT DON'T LIKE YOU FOR THE WRONG REASONS
THOSE THAT DON'T LIKE YOU FOR THE RIGHT REASONS

IT IS ONLY THE LAST GROUP YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT

So go tell me DOGS

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 16 2008, 11:14 AM
Quote Post
Yeah true Hoss.......just Irks me that the bastards can do such things and get away with it !!!!!!!

Maybe we could construct a Nautilus sub....much like the Jules Verne which used to ram such ignorant money hungry Arsholes and put them where they belong .....as part of the food chain of the ocean........anyone for Sushi/Sashimi.....Mark......lol.

Noddy sounds great what you're doing.......and I do know of the musician/politician involved......anyone can help he will be the one. ( time to burn some beds on the Jap whalin ships !!!!!!! ).

I'm boycotting jap grub and products for a while.......fork them and thier bad manners !

satchmo sun.gif jam.gif

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 16 2008, 01:40 PM
Quote Post
go noddy!

Maybe THEY will listen to you!

I stopped calling and writing my congressman and senators when I realized it was futile and they do not serve me nor my fellow citizens.

satchmo, I only like the calif roll --no raw fish for me thank you!

Oh --ya know my theory on the 2 atom bombs that were dropped on japan...

starofdavidspin.gif dropped EmoticonAtomBomb.gif on the EmoticonMeanGreenAlien1.gif

Then AlienReal2.gif gave starofdavidspin.gif advanced technologies in exchange for dropping no more bombs.

Just a theory mind you... but I truly believe orientals are another type of alien human hybrid and most of the my gf's and women I have dated in my life were either Asian, oriental, latina or white/mixed.

OOPs --did I go offtopic.gif
hey nods, let us know what the response is --ok?

Oh, and please update us on what's happening to Benjamin Potts.
Thanks
face.gif

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

a pyroclastic surge o' Love
Member No.: 361
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 16 2008, 02:06 PM
Quote Post
Hoy Mark, Satchmo, Hoss & all

haven't heard an update on Potts since last night when he was still held hostage by the Japs

was pissed off at SBS news for going with the Japanese spin about the Greenpeace dudes being 'pirates' & 'terrorists'
(and we can't upset the Japs 'cos we're soooo 'multi-cultural' here)

I mean...what the fuck are they gonna steal...whale blubber?!

I think the whole world should boycott Jap products 'til they get a brain!

furious.gif pullhair.gif furious.gif clubinhand.gif

--------------------
" In PuPP We Trust ! " user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 16 2008, 02:16 PM
Quote Post
received in email from Greenpeace..

Noddy, I'm also a contributing member and I hope my dollar goes a long way.

If 10 million Americans gave one dollar, Greenpeace could do much more.

Dear Mark,
January 15, 2008
It's taken 8 weeks, but we found them!

The Japanese whalers thought they would escape us. Using the cover of darkness and help from the Japanese navy, they gave us the slip as they departed Japanese waters eight weeks ago. Then came some tough luck for Greenpeace when we had to leave our helicopter, Tweety, behind in New Zealand for repairs. But even in the vast and unforgiving Southern Ocean, against all odds, we've tracked down the whalers.

Some would call that luck. I call it fate.

Now, we've got them on the run. We've been tailing the factory ship Nisshin Maru for 5 days now and we've literally chased them out of their hunting grounds. As long as the factory ship is on the run, the fleet can't conduct any whaling.

Donate Now!

If they do try to start whaling, we're ready to do what we do best - to place ourselves between the whales and the grenade-tipped harpoons of the whalers.

We'll use high-powered water pumps from the back of our boats to create a curtain of water and shield the whales from the harpooners' view.

We're doing our part to protect the whales here in the Southern Ocean. Now it's your turn. You don't have to place yourself in harm's way to protect whales but you can take action now.

We need YOUR help to ask President Bush to demand that Japanese Prime Minister Fukuda immediately abandon this illegal and unnecessary whaling operation and to spread the word to your friends and family. The fight to defend the whales has never been more urgent.

Please, take action and support our efforts to defend the whales. I promise to keep in touch with you over the coming days and weeks as we work tirelessly to protect the whales.

Thank you for the support you've given us already, and I hope we can continue to rely on you.

Sincerely,

heath

Heath Hanson
Boat Driver

P.S. We will continue posting photos, videos and personal blogs about our experiences here protecting the whales. Be sure to visit our site often for updates.

I took action and sent a letter to the shrub.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 16 2008, 02:19 PM
Quote Post
thanks for the update Ganesh.

I do not always agree with the tactics that Greenpeace and other eco-warriors use, but what choice do they have when the criminal gang of TRUE terrorists which govern ALL of our nations do not do the right thing.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 17 2008, 04:17 PM
Quote Post
Whalers free activists

Benjamin Potts and Giles Lane

January 18, 2008 - 6:17AM

A Japanese whaling ship has handed over to an Australian customs vessel two anti-whaling activists who climbed aboard two days earlier, an official from Japan's Fisheries Agency says.

Australia sent the customs ship, the Oceanic Viking, to the Japanese whaling ship in a bid to end the stand-off involving the activists of the militant Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.

"Two Sea Shepherd activists who intruded onto the Yushin Maru No 2 and have been in custody on the ship were handed over to the Oceanic Viking chartered by the Australian government," Hideaki Okada, a whaling official at the Fisheries Agency in Tokyo, told AFP early Friday.

The handover took place early Friday AEDT.

The activists - Australian Benjamin Potts, 28, and Briton Giles Lane, 35 - were detained on Tuesday after boarding the harpoon ship to protest Japan's whaling programme.

US-based Sea Shepherd strongly opposes Japan's plan to kill some 1000 whales in the Antarctic Ocean this season.

The group described the activists as hostages and said they were being held as Japan pressed for the group to agree to give up its harassment of the Japanese whaling fleet.

Japan, which says whaling is part of its culture, described the militants as unwanted guests and said it was trying to get rid of them safely.

Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith said earlier today that his government was sending the customs ship to pick up the activists.

Australia initially dispatched the Oceanic Viking to monitor Japan's whaling as part of Western governments' campaign to stop the hunt.

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd had earlier today urged calm and the safe return of the two men, saying Foreign Minister Stephen Smith was in constant contact with the Japanese government to arrange the handover.

The confrontation had forced the Japanese fleet to suspend whaling and drawn attention to efforts by activists to halt the annual hunt for good.

Japan, which says whaling is a part of its culture, uses a loophole in an international moratorium on the practice which allows "lethal research".

AFP

This post has been edited by Nodstar on Jan 17 2008, 04:27 PM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 17 2008, 07:03 PM
Quote Post
thanks for the update noddy!

--------------------

~ Buddha

Minister Of Information
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 24 2008, 01:23 PM
Quote Post
Just read in the Canadian Globe and Mail,

Greenpeace ship Esperanza was succesful in keeping the yushin maru whaling ship from refuelling from jap fuel ship in the arctic ocean, using inflatable tenders to stop the ships getting close enough to refuel.......RIGHT ON ....... sun.gif

.......satchmo sun.gif

This post has been edited by satchmo on Jan 24 2008, 01:25 PM

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0402 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild