Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Marijuana for Pain control, medical Marijuana

Freedom Fighter
Group: Members
Member No.: 470
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2007, 03:47 PM
Quote Post
Hiya Mark ..

More in my continuing campiagn to enlighten folks on the medical benefits
of Marijuana ... smoker.gif flyhigh.gif

MARIJUANA MEDICINE
by Heather Lalley, Spokesman-Review, (Source:Spokesman-Review)
Regional News
US WA: Marijuana Medicine

http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v07/n307/a04.htm

09 Mar 2007

Washington
-------
Dozens of Patients Jam into Monthly Spokane Clinic Seeking Way to Relieve Their Pain

Spokane, WA -- They started filing into a Spokane hotel meeting room not long after 8 a.m. Wednesday, clutching folders stuffed with paperwork.

A young woman in a pink "on the naughty list" T-shirt. An older man with gray stubble. Another man helping a child with a coloring book. Some limped in, others walked with canes and others appeared healthy. But they all shared a goal: To qualify for doctor authorization to possess medical marijuana.

More than 50 people had appointments scheduled Wednesday at Spokane's monthly medical marijuana clinic at the Quality Inn. No walk-ins allowed.

"We've got a shortage of chairs and tables," said Henrik Rode, a Portland man working the check-in table. "A lot of times I feel more like a bouncer than a welcomer."

For the past year and a half, The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation in Portland has held monthly clinics in Spokane, in addition to several Oregon cities, Denver, and Honolulu and Hilo, Hawaii. The clinics have been so popular in Spokane that organizers are considering adding a second day each month.

Most of the patients suffer from chronic pain, but the Spokane clinic also draws a significant number of people with multiple sclerosis, given the high rate of the disease in the area, said Paul Stanford, THCF's founder.

Since 2001, the group has seen some 17,000 patients, about half of whom were seeking new prescriptions; the others wanted to renew their authorizations, Stanford said.

No marijuana is dispensed at the clinics. Approved patients simply get a doctor's OK to use and possess the drug. Once they're given the go-ahead, it's up to them to grow or get the cannabis.

Washington is one of 12 states with laws permitting qualified patients to use and possess marijuana for medicinal purposes. Idaho does not have such a law.

Under Washington code, which was approved by voters in 1998, a patient must have a terminal or debilitating illness that a doctor believes would be aided by marijuana. Qualifying conditions include chronic pain, cancer, HIV, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and glaucoma.

Once approved, patients are allowed to possess a 60-day supply, however much that may be, for their own use.

As long as patients follow the law and have proper authorization, they will not be penalized for possessing marijuana, according to the state code.

"It's written to be an affirmative defense," Stanford said of Washington's law. "It's something you raise upon prosecution."

At the clinic, patients must present medical records showing they suffer from a qualifying condition.

"We don't set appointments for someone if we're not 99 percent ( sure ) that the doctor will approve them," Stanford said.

Each new patient then fills out a seven-page medical questionnaire and watches a 20-minute video detailing the medical marijuana law, as well as proper growing techniques ( use a 400-watt metal halide lamp, along with an oscillating fan and an exhaust fan; spray Neem oil on the leaves to combat pests ). The video also recommends inhaling marijuana vapors through a special volcano-shaped device rather than smoking the drug.

"Vaporization is a lot healthier," Stanford says in the video.

Patients pay $200 a year for their authorization from the group's doctor, 74-year-old Yakima heart surgeon Thomas Orvald said. A sliding fee is available for those with financial difficulties, Stanford said.

The nonprofit THC Foundation had revenue of about $342,000 in 2004, the latest year for which records are available.

Orvald has been doing humanitarian cardiovascular surgery around the world for the past seven years. He heard of Stanford's program about 36 months ago.

"I've always been sensitive to patients in pain," he said, wearing his white coat and sitting at a desk in a hotel room.

And, he said, few things can relieve chronic pain better than cannabis.

"I would stake my reputation on it," he said.

That's the hope of a 33-year-old Spokane mother who injured her back on the job in 2005.

The nurse's assistant, who asked that her name not be used, has seen doctors, chiropractors and physical therapists to ease the pain caused when a patient fell on her. "They shot steroids into my back," she told Orvald.

She has tried narcotics, but still the pain shoots down her leg, she said.

"Every day. All day. And it's sad," she said. "It broke me down."

She has smoked marijuana and found that it eased her symptoms and relaxed her back.

Orvald granted her a permit.

Spokane resident Darren McCrea founded the group Spocannabis in 2003. A medical marijuana user himself, he now helps other patients fill their prescriptions.

McCrea's group meets 1 p.m. every Saturday at Emmanuel Lutheran Church. They talk about the best ways to take the drug and also about how patients can get it.

At first, he was sending Spocannabis members to the medical marijuana clinic in Bellevue. Then he persuaded Stanford to bring his crew to Spokane.

McCrea uses a vaporizer to inhale marijuana to treat his rheumatoid arthritis and seizure disorder.

He also dries the plant and puts it in edible capsules.

"It helps in all these different areas and there are no side effects," he said.

Added McCrea, "It's morally unacceptable to force our sick and dying into our streets to scrounge for medicine."

For more information on medical marijuana clinics in Spokane, contact:

The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation at ( 800 ) 723-0188 or ( http://www.thc-foundation.org/http://www.thc-foundation.org/

Hope this helps ..
Nodstar*MARVINBlinkNewEmot3.gif

--------------------
user posted image"In PuPP We Trust" user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2007, 04:34 PM
Quote Post
anihempforliberty.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2007, 05:09 PM
Quote Post
Hey Mark ..

YEAH .. TOO RIGHT!!!! anihempforliberty.gif

heres an interesting comment I found on my morning
travels in cyberspace..

Blogspot from "pissed off cabbie "

Don't Criticize It, Legalize It

It was recently revealed that a study done by

researchers in 2000 proved that THC shrinks and

kills tumors. The same study was also done in 1974.

With this in mind, one has to ask, why the hell is it

still illegal? Why do the feds deny us something so

beneficial? Just how much do the elites give a damn

about our health and welfare? Marijuana doesn't

lead to domestic violence, hideous traffic accidents,

and liver disease, but we sure know what does. Drink

up, shriners.

In 1955, Terry Southern wrote a short story called

Red Dirt Marijuana. After a couple of characters

find some marijuana, one asks why it's illegal. The

other replies, "It's 'cause a man see too much when

he git high, that's what. He sees right through

ever'thing...they's a lotta trickin' an' lyin' go on in

the world...he see right through there into the truth

of it!" Well, we can't have that, now can we? W.C.

Fields said, never give a sucker an even break, and

so, they're not going to make it any easier for you.

Anything that might turn rubes into operators needs

to be locked in a vault along with all the cancer

cures and free energy devices. Nothing to see here,

folks, so turn around and head back down to Joe's

bar. It's Jets 23, Bears 13.

Somewhere, there's a think tank for Cancer, Inc,

and you can bet that the brainiacs in there have no

moral dilemmas in keeping the one-way train to hell

a' rollin'. They need hemp about as much as a stag

needs a hat rack. Sure, it's around, but it's

"underground", and the social stigma of illegality is

attached to it. A young lad can wrap his father's car

around a telephone pole after experimenting with his

tequila intake and it's all just youthful hijinx. But, let

him be caught with one of those dangerous jazz

herbal cigarettes, and it's off to military camp for

him. We all saw Reefer Madness, but where was

Cutty Sark Madness, or Rolling Rock Madness? I

guess those movies only played in Utah.

If all this good news about medical marijuana isn't

enough, it has been reported that pot use actually

causes new cell growth in the brain. That's not what

the drug war doctors would have us think, is it? And,

now that a new strain of pesticide-resistant pot that

actually grows back from its roots has been

developed, it might soon be growing everywhere.

That would sure beat a poke in the eye with a sharp

stick. Deal with it, feds.
posted by Pissedoffcabbie at 1:27 PM

Peace,Love, and Mungbeans.. EmoticonPeaceLove.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Misfit
Member No.: 292
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2007, 05:54 PM
Quote Post
A wonderous plant indeed.

DragonWalkEmoticon3.gif flyhigh.gif

PMEmail Poster

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2007, 06:01 PM
Quote Post
Hiya Earthbound ..

Good to hear from ya ..

Hope things are well with you ..

Best Wishes . loveshower.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2007, 08:40 PM
Quote Post
anipotleafspin.gif
Personally for me, smoking pot soothes the angry side of my personality, it calms me and it relaxes me. It gives me an appetite so I do not forget to eat and it increases my imagination and my desire to create or improve existing things.

Nature is Not a Crime

It is your right as a sentient being to consume anything on the planet Earth as long as it does no harm to you - or anyone else.
(such as causing the extinctions of species)

It's obvious that what rules the world has us all consuming every living thing until extinction.

Our laws are wrong when things that are harmful (like alcohol and synthetic pharmaceutical meds) are legal while herbs that are helpful and beneficial are illegal.

Obviously the laws of man are wrong and I shall not live by unrighteous laws.

EmoticonDragonLeaf.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Misfit
Member No.: 292
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 18 2007, 08:45 PM
Quote Post
Cannabis extract shrinks brain tumours
05:00 15 August 2004
NewScientist.com news service
Shaoni Bhattacharya

Related Articles
Cannabis can help MS sufferers
07 November 2003
Cannabis drugs pass testing 'milestone'

American Association for Cancer Research
Cancer Research UK
Primary brain tumours, MedlinePlus
Cancer Research
Cannabis extracts may shrink brain tumours and other cancers by blocking the growth of the blood vessels which feed them, suggests a new study.

An active component of the street drug has previously been shown to improve brain tumours in rats. But now Manuel Guzmán at Complutense University, Spain, and colleagues have demonstrated how the cannabis extracts block a key chemical needed for tumours to sprout blood vessels – a process called angiogenesis.

And for the first time, the team has shown the cannabinoids impede this chemical in people with the most aggressive form of brain cancer - glioblastoma multiforme.

Cristina Blázquez at Complutense University, and one of the team, stresses the results are preliminary. “But it’s a good point to start and continue,” she told New Scientist.

“The cannabinoid inhibits the angiogenesis response - if a tumour doesn’t do angiogenesis, it doesn’t grow,” she explains. “So if you can improve angiogenesis on one side and kill the tumour cells on the other side, you can try for a therapy for cancer.”

"This research provides an important new lead compound for anti-cancer drugs targeting cancer's blood supply,” says Richard Sullivan, head of clinical programmes, at Cancer Research UK.

Fat molecule
The team tested the effects of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in 30 mice. They found the marijuana extract inhibited the expression of several genes related to the production of a chemical called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF).

VEGF is critical for angiogenesis, which allows tumours to grow a network of blood vessels to supply their growth. The cannabinoid significantly lowered the activity of VEGF in the mice and two human brain cancer patients, the study showed.

The drug did this by increasing the activity of a fat molecule called ceramide, suggests the study, as adding a ceramide inhibitor stifled the ability of the cannabinoid to block VEGF.

Small and pallid
“We saw that the tumours [in mice] were smaller and a bit pallid,” adds Blázquez. The paleness of the cancer reflected its lack of blood supply as a result of the treatment. In the human patients, she says: "It seems that it works, but it's very early."

Sullivan points out: “Although this work is at an early stage of development other research has already demonstrated that VEGF is an important drug target for a range of cancers.”

He emphasises the need for further work on cannabinoid combinations. “Cannabinoids would need to generate very strong data in the future as there are already a number of VEGF inhibitors in clinical development,” he says.

The two patients in the ongoing study are among 14 in a clinical trial of the drug. The patients are given one cycle of treatment, lasting a few days, and their survival and general health are being studied.

Journal reference: Cancer Research (vol 64, p 5617)

DragonWalkEmoticon3.gif flyhigh.gif

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0871 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild