Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Word

Minister Of Information
Group: Members
Member No.: 293
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 3 2005, 01:01 PM
Quote Post
I found this on another forum today.
I had often wondered about ‘The Word’, and this seemed an intriguing explanation.

Are there any here who are more knowledgeable than me on this subject who could add to this?

"In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in [the] beginning with God. All things were made by him . . ."

Thus the Word is closely associated with creative activity. In Isaiah 55.11 the 'word' goes out of God's mouth, just as His breath/Spirit does. In fact both the word for Spirit and the word for mouth derive from verbs meaning to blow, puff or exhale. Both Spirit and Word are associated with creation in Genesis 1 ("The Spirit of God was brooding . . ."; "And God said, let there be . . . "). The significance of Isaiah 55.11 is that the 'word' never returns void ('empty', a different word but one with similar meaning to 'void' in Genesis 1.2), it always accomplishes (Hebrew: 'âsâh 'to make or create', used in Genesis 1) its purpose. Now these are key meanings of the actual Hebrew word for 'word', but here described in several sentences.

In other words, dâbhâr means both the 'word' itself and its accompanying creative 'act'. It occurs over 1400 times in Scripture and is translated by 85 different English words in the KJV (Its root verb, dâbhar, occurs over 1100 times and required 45 different English words). This reinforces the need to know the underlying Hebrew text and language as misinterpretations can easily be made based upon different English words whilst the same Hebrew word can be behind all of them. Dâbhâr can also be translated by 'power', 'purpose', 'book', 'provision', 'reason', 'work', 'matter', 'thing', 'cause' or 'commandment' (e.g., the 10 commandments), it could be a written report, single utterance, whole book, or prophetic message.

Thus there is no distinction as has sometimes between made in the Greek between logos and rhema words of God. For instance, in the Greek Old Testament the Word (logos) heals those bitten by the serpent whilst the Word (rhema) preserves those that believe.

The Word was not just spoken it contained the power to fulfil. When the prophet heard a Word from the Lord it contained the driving force to impel its delivery. Jeremiah (20.9) could not restrain the Word any longer, but had to let it out. Just as the New Testament describes it the Word is alive and active, creative and explosive. It also was life to its hearers (Deuteronomy 32.46-47 and Jesus' words in John 6.63,68).

WF

--------------------

'The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds' J.F.K.

The Internet is a powerful weapon in the War on Ignorance
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 6 2005, 06:01 AM
Quote Post
Hi Without Fear, I was waiting to see if anyone had some words for you.

I shall give you mine.

The Word is:

Conserve precious natural resources

Protect the environment and all living creatures

Use clean renewable energy

Recycle everything possible

Reclaim all water

Stop using nuclear energy and disable all nuclear weapons

Stop creating biological weapons

Stop poisoning the people and the Earth

Promote safe birth control and live in a sustainable society

Increase education and awareness and provide for the poor

Love thy fellow man/woman

Do not turn the other cheek when attacked, but strike back to protect yourself and your people, lest you shall become extinct.

I have much more but I'm sure that not many care to read what I have to say.

The infinite word is LOVE

Peace, Mark

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 204
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 7 2005, 11:09 AM
Quote Post
Hello Without Fear

The Logos, ‘the word’ has always been associated as being Jesus. This is true, and everything this states is true.
It was not until I read other spiritual sources that I understood that from One Mind was projected many images of God, each one created so it is a reflection, and has less power but is still God in every sense but each with It’s own will and separate personality.

God creates other Gods like a cell dividing but the One holds all of them within It. This is the sacred secret of Oneness.

Over each universe is a portion of the Divine Mind. All these different portions of God’s Mind have say so in each universe as to how they will design spiritual evolution for the created beings in that universe. So while all are part of the One Mind, the local part of the Mind is referred to not just in the Bible but in the writings of Hermes, as the Logos, or Word, or spokesman for God. Also called Master Worker. The man Jesus was a human body created but within it was placed the Mind of the Logos, or the local portion of God and so Jesus when referring to the Father, really was talking about his literal father in Spirit.

When it says in the Bible that nothing was created apart from the Logos and everything came into existence THROUGH the Logos…..this is true. In the Bible it goes on to explain how the Logos worked WITH the Father, and so humanity was not directly created from Divine Mind but was created by the Logos, the local portion of the Divine Mind. So first Divine Mind splits into many parts, all of them being God only with a bit less power…..and then that portion of God creates humanity and the cosmos.

In the writings of Hermes it calls humanity THE THIRD GOD….and the Logos the second God, but there is not one thing in existence which is not part of the original Mind as all are held in One Mind.

I hope that might have added to what you posted Without Fear. ……..contact me for more specific writings you can read about the Logos……..that is how the “Word” became flesh.

Love and light to you WF

PMEmail Poster
Visiting PuPPs Fan

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Aug 7 2005, 11:10 PM
Quote Post
This is all consistent with the principles of Qabalah (Quabalah, Cabalah, Cabbalah, Kabala, Kabbalah etc) spelled many ways by many people. I've been reading about this lately. I'm on my second book about it and it is a good book to explain the divisions and emanations of The One - "The Mystical Qabalah" by Dion Fortune.

Very interesting stuff and not just for Jews. This book is written for everyone and is totally non-denominational, even in pagan circles.

WoT

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Aug 8 2005, 06:05 AM
Quote Post
Hi WF, this is an extensive subject to explain, what is The Word. I could resume it to you: The Word is the Holy Bible that the Lord left to guide His children in earth.

But, it is a short explanation. If you are interested in knowing more, I suggest you to visit this site: http://biblestudysite.com/belief.htm

It has a great explanation about the word of God. It is an extensive reading, but you will find it very interesting.

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 204
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 8 2005, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Hello Visiting Fan

One of the three ways to delve into the workings of the archtypical mind of humanity is The Tarot....another is Astrology....and of course the Kabbalah. This is why some of what you are reading is similar. Now if one takes the Bible, one gets an expanded version.

peace to you

PMEmail Poster

Tree Sprite
Member No.: 124
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 9 2005, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Sophia: Lost Goddess of Wisdom
In Search of the Lost Christian Goddess
The Sophia Tradition
n Sophia means wisdom.
n Philosophy, first used by Pythagoras, means “lover of Sophia.”
n The Sophia tradition is found in the Wisdom literature in the Hebrew Bible.
n For the earliest Christians:
n Divine masculine = Jesus
n Divine feminine = Sophia

The Sophia Tradition
n Once patriarchy infected the Christian church, the Sophia tradition was lost…but not entirely, if you know what to look for.
n When passages in the Hebrew Bible (OT) or New Testament use “wisdom,” they are referring to the lost Sophia tradition.
n Logos, the “word” of God, is the Greek masculine form of Sophia = WISDOM; God’s creative energy; mediator between God & creation.

Searching for the Sophia Tradition
n John 1:1-3 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being.”
n Is “the Word” actually SHE, not HE, the feminine principle of Being?
Is the “Word” a Goddess?
n Greek philosophy saw Sophia, goddess of Wisdom, as the creative power that formed the cosmos out of original chaos.
n Hebrew biblical tradition, in the Old Testament and the Apocrypha, see Wisdom as Sophia and Sophia as Yahweh’s companion in creation.
Proverbs 8: 22-31
n Proverbs is part of the Wisdom literature in the Hebrew Bible, including Job and Ecclesiastes.
n Wisdom (Sophia) is Yahweh’s (God) intimate companion in creating the world.
n Sophia serves as God’s channel of communication with humanity.
n The “Holy Spirit” of Christianity?

Apocryphal Literature
n Apocryphal books are later Hebrew writings not included in most Protestant Bibles.
n Ecclesiasticus 24; Wisdom of Solomon 6:12 – 9:18.
n Sophia becomes both the agent or means of creation and the revealer of the Divine Mind.
Genesis 1:3
n God first creates by uttering “the word”; “Then God said ‘Let there be light’; and there was light.”
n “The Word” = “Sophia” = Wisdom = the creative force of God.
n Philo Judaeus (a 1st century Jewish scholar) uses the masculine “logos” for “the word” instead of the feminine “Sophia” – PATRIARCHAL THINKING!
Clues in the New Testament: 1 Corinth: 2:6-16
n Paul speaks of the Wisdom of God that is revealed to humanity through the Spirit.
n The Wisdom of God is only revealed through the Spirit of God.
n Here is the “lost goddess” of Christianity: the Holy Spirit!

The Gospel of Q
n Scholars posit the existence of the lost Gospel of Q to explain similar passages found in Matthew and Luke not found in Mark.
n Q portrays Jesus and John the Baptist as messengers sent by Sophia. (See Luke 11:49).
n Q may have been destroyed by the “Patriarchal Establishment” that took over the Church.
The Advocate in John
n The Advocate = the Holy Spirit that Jesus bestows on his followers after his death (John 14: 12-26).
n The Sophia tradition, the Lost Goddess of Christianity, lives on as the Holy Spirit described in John.
n Patriarchal authors use the masculine pronoun, but the Holy Spirit is Sophia described in earlier Hebrew literature (see Proverbs 8).
Holy Spirit in John
n Only by being “born in the Spirit” can Christians “enter the kingdom of Heaven” (John: 3:4-9)
n The Holy Spirit continues to reveal Jesus’ cosmic splendor after his departure (16: 12-15)
n The Holy Spirit answers prayers for knowledge and power (14: 12-26)
Sophia Lost
n The patriarchal Roman Church eradicated the Christian Goddess
n Original Christians valued men and women equally as expressions of God and the Goddess.
n The mystical marriage of Jesus and Sophia brought believers into the bliss of Christ Consciousness.
Patriarchal Christianity
n Longs for the divine feminine; Mary worship, the “Da Vinci Code,” the work of reconstructionists and reformers in the church.
n Historic Christianity is linked to violence and hatred even as it professes love for all.
n Without the recovery of Sophia, Christ consciousness evades Christian believers.

Info on Sophia

--------------------
"The things I have seen, the many things, have long now faded far, only three come clear now back to me: a Cloud, a Tree, a Star."
~From The Death of St. Brendan

"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith."
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 293
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 14 2005, 07:49 AM
Quote Post
Hi, I am very grateful to all for taking the time to reply.

I have been finding difficulty in weaving my way through the many meanings within the Bible – partly because it seems such an incomplete work (probably the result of the several additions and omissions over the centuries, and maybe also due to mis-translations of key aspects.

Coming at this from a non-religious background also makes an interesting challenge for me because although I recognize connectivity and Oneness, I do struggle to separate the wheat from the chaff within the KJV.

I really appreciate the further insights and links to help me grapple with the Word and its meaning.

Dreamer/akaScully’s post gives an intriguing aspect that I hadn’t seen before, and provides yet more grist for the mill.

I find trying to fathom the Bible makes my head spin– and sometimes I think that maybe it is just unfathomable.

And sometimes I think that maybe, somewhere deep down, we already know what we need to know.
Any more searching is just to satisfy Ego.

All that matters is that Spirit be content

Thank you all,
Love and Light

WF

--------------------

'The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds' J.F.K.

The Internet is a powerful weapon in the War on Ignorance
PMEmail Poster

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 516
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 14 2005, 08:06 AM
Quote Post
QUOTE (Without Fear @ Aug 14 2005, 09:49 AM)
And sometimes I think that maybe, somewhere deep down, we already know what we need to know.

I agree with this, WF. I think that is why we will see or hear something and suddenly have a flash of recognition of the truth. I just love this quote from the Grapes of Wrath.

"I figured about the Holy Sperit and the Jesus road. I figured, 'Why do we got to hang it on God or Jesus? Maybe,' I figured, 'maybe it's all men and all women we love; maybe that's the Holy Sperit - the human sperit - the whole shebang. Maybe all men got one big soul ever'body's a part of.' Now I sat there thinkin' it, an' all of a suddent - I knew it. I knew it so deep down that it was true, and I still know it."

Steinbeck knew what he was talking about! thumbsup2.gif

--------------------
~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
~ Rumi
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.6566 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild