Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> BAALBEK MEGALITHS of LEBANON, Massive Carved Stones

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 5 2004, 04:19 PM
Quote Post
BAALBEK MEGALITHS

In the middle course of the masonry on the outer wall of the Acropolis at Baalbek in Lebanon, there are three great stones each measuring 63 ft. long by thirteen feet high by 10ft. thick.

Baalbek Wall
user posted image

user posted image
http://www.goldenageproject.org.uk/76baalbek.html

Baalbek is located about halfway between Beirut and Damascus.

user posted image

The Acropolis is supposed to have been a Roman Temple dedicated to the god Jupiter-Baal, but no classical scholar has yet been able to explain how three massive cut stones could have been lifted to rest on a substructure 23ft. high.

Neither Bechtel nor the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the leading experts on heavy lifting and moving can do that feat today even with the most sophisticated machinery. Each stone after all weighs in the region of 1,200 tons.

user posted image

Even more puzzling is the largest cut-stone known to exist anywhere which is found in the quarry within sight of the Acropolis, about half a mile away. This quarry was presumably the origin of the massive stones in place in the Acropolis. This stone is 68ft. long and roughly 14 ft. square. Its enormity can be judged by noticing the small figure of a man sitting on its top with his friend just below and slightly to the right.

user posted image

The challenge is clear. Who and what can move any of these stones today and more importantly how were they moved in the first place?

http://www.biblemysteries.com/library/baalbek.htm

View Large Image Below
http://www.biblemysteries.com/images/baalbek1.gif

This post has been edited by PuPP on Mar 20 2006, 01:00 PM

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 01:42 PM
Quote Post
This is an interesting topic, PuPP. When I googled for info on the ancient Sumerian tablets that linked the language to that of Latvia, I ran across some info on the megaliths:

Megaliths Deciphered

Megaliths Deciphered as Astronomy and Land Survey - Megalithic sites with menhirs, cairns, dolmens, quoits and tumuli were erected by ancient man for purposes of land survey by astronomy - Many stones are cupmarked or carved to represent stars of the heavens

Geographic locations of megaliths were intentionally oriented to the stars and to objects of the heavens in a given era. ... retained in e.g. Hindu and Maya calendration. But we will discover that this calendric beginning was marked on Earth in earthworks near Lewes, England, and elsewhere on the British Isles.

WHO WAS THE BRAINS BEHIND THE MEGALITHIC SYSTEM?

Some complex stones show a singular style, perhaps from one artist, who we call Merlin for lack of a better name, presumably residing at Kents Cavern (which has a room showing Siamese twins), and who we equate with the legendary physician Aesculapius of the fabled Argo of Jason. The Argonauts (argos = earth), as we shall show, were the first men to conduct a wide-reaching geodetic survey of Earth. "Merlin" as a name probably goes back to the root MER- meaning "measure, survey" in ancient Indo-European, e.g. Latvian.

We will allege that Merlin was buried at Paviland as the first modern scientist ("sorcerer" or "shaman") and that his exploits are also recorded in Pharaonic Egypt as NAR-MER (measurer of earth and heaven - NAHR) and that his contemporary follower King Orry, who is buried on the Isle of Man, is probably the fabled King Arthur of legend, known in our analysis as Hor-Aha in Pharaonic Egypt, whose Twelve Knights of the "Round Table" were the Argonauts of old, and whose Round Table was the Zodiac of Stars.

http://www.megaliths.co.uk/
-------------------------------------

Interesting concept

BJ

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 03:12 PM
Quote Post
Hi BJ, it does look like most of the megalithic structures originated by the same peoples or their decendants. Most likely there was a great war or cosmic event which wiped them out.

If anyone has any links on more Megalithic Images ( Big Stones or Walls) that are not in Mainstream view, could you post the links and I'll retireve the images and upload them.

Thank you.

conehead.gif conehead.gif conehead.gif
goldcross.gif pyramideye.gif starofdavid.gif

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Truth Seeker
Group: Members
Member No.: 168
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 04:40 PM
Quote Post
Holy crap, that block is perfect!

I don't know if this is what you're looking for PuPP, but it's pretty cool.

http://stonepages.com/

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 05:06 PM
Quote Post
Hey drummagick, cool site!
It has photos of sites in 6 countries of Europe, here's a page description...

"Over the last 14 years we have personally visited and photographed all 529 archæological sites you will find in these pages (117 in the six national sections and 412 in our Tours section), creating the first Web guide to European megaliths and other prehistoric sites, online since February 1996"
http://stonepages.com/

I saved it to my favorites and will check them out, thanks!

sun.gif

--------------------

~ Buddha

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 168
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 06:04 PM
Quote Post
Hey PuPP, when you get time to go play in that site, click on "Prehistorama". You can sit in the middle of a stone circle and scroll around 360 degrees and pan in and out.

PMEmail Poster

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 223
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 07:13 PM
Quote Post
I have a stone that is almost just as amazing as those stone blocks and perhaps even more amazing since they not only had to move it but stand it in an upright position. The stone is called the Le Grand Menhir Brisé and is located in Carnac. It is what is commonly known as a standing stone and weighed over 350 tons and once stood over 75 feet tall. As far as I know, it's the largest standing stone in the world. It fell down for some reason and broke into four pieces. We have similar standing stones in New England but none of them are as tall as that one and quite a few of them are toppled as well unfortunately.

user posted image

There is also something called a Dolman that is located somewhere in New York State that is supposed to be the largest Dolman ever discovered. I had to google up a picture of it that showed the profile of what one of my friends called a Hitite style Mountain Lion. I think it weighs somewhere around 120 to 150 tons and is made of pink granite and is perched on top of 7 limestone columns that were socketed into the bedrock. It was built around 3400 BC according to one researcher who had spent years studying it.

user posted image

This is another view of the stone. I know it's not as impressive as the other stones but it's one of the most mysterious stones in New England.

user posted image

EDIT: Uploaded images to our server

This post has been edited by PuPP on Feb 21 2005, 09:27 PM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 07:29 PM
Quote Post
drummagick, I'll be sure to check out the panorama view, sounds cool.

Thanks for the rock images Seralia, never saw that rock before. I saved them and will be added to next CD back up. That sure was a big rock to be lifted onto those smaller ones.

I just love a forum that lets you display images and clickable links.

sun.gif

--------------------

~ Buddha

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Feb 23 2005, 09:29 PM
Quote Post
Yemeni Megaliths
by Spencer P.M. Harrington
December 10, 1997 

Gigantic stones in Yemen's desert
(Courtesy Edward Keall)

A chance discovery of a group of megaliths on a coastal plain in western Yemen has sent scholars scrambling to explain why and how people were living there between ca. 2400 and 800 B.C. Known as al-Tihamah, the plain was thought to have been uninhabited until the eighth or ninth century A.D.

user posted image

After a season studying a ninth-century A.D. mound outside the village of al-Mutaynah, Edward Keall, director of the Canadian Archaeological Mission of the Royal Ontario Museum, was directed to the new site by a local date farmer. "It was like going back to the nineteenth century in terms of the wonderment of discovery," says Keall, who found five 20-ton granite megaliths, three of which stood upright and measured eight feet tall. Another, more than 20 feet long, lay slanting out of the ground. Keall and his team investigated the adjacent areas and discovered more than a dozen other monoliths arranged in no obvious pattern.

The giant stones at the main site appear to have been set shallowly in the sandy soil. A cache of copper-alloy tools found where a stone originally stood dates from between 2400 and 1800 B.C., suggesting that the stones were erected during the same period. Surface finds include obsidian and chert scrapers and blades, implying the survival of an archaic lithic industry in the Yemeni Bronze Age. Some of the standing stones at a second site appear to have been reused as pilings for a large building, whose purpose is unknown. Potsherds found in the vicinity date between 1200 and 800 B.C., evidence that the area was either occupied for at least 1,500 years or settled twice.

"We don't know what was keeping people in this terribly marginal desert area," says Keall. "Was it a natural resource or a strategic position that prompted these people to invest such effort in erecting these remarkable monuments?" The absence of any archaeological materials in the region between 800 B.C. and A.D. 800 is also a conundrum. Keall is planning further surveys this winter.

© 1997 by the Archaeological Institute of America
http://www.archaeology.org/online/news/yemen.html

--------------------

~ Buddha

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 29 2006, 05:29 AM
Quote Post
user posted image

BAALBEK - A COLOSSAL ENIGMA
by Gian J. Quasar
This article introduces and discusses new discoveries made in the colossal ruins at Baalbek, Lebanon, and the possibility they are evidence of a past supercivilization or, at least, technically advanced civilization of “prehistory.”

user posted image
A panorama of ancient Baalbek, seen from a nearby hill. The ruins are the Roman temples of Bacchus (foreground) and Baal-Jupiter.

Overview

Baalbek is the name of an archeological site in Lebanon. In Roman times it was known as Heliopolis or City of the Sun. An example of how ancient is the site can be found in that its holiest area (in pagan times) was the Temple of Baal-Jupiter — a hybrid between the ancient Canaanite god Baal (lord) and the Roman Jupiter.

user posted image

Moreover, this temple was built on a “tel” or ruin mound, indicating a place that had long been held sacred, though what had caused this area to be significant or “sacred” is unknown.

user posted image

These cyclopean stones are certainly not Roman. The square cut Roman stones are heaped on top of them by the Arabs or Crusaders, whoever turned the ruins into a medieval fortress. Look at how small the two men are compared to the cyclopean stonework, let alone the megaliths upon which they are built.

MORE INFO and IMAGES at LINK BELOW

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_baalbek_1.htm

--------------------

~ Buddha

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 6 2008, 11:57 PM
Quote Post
I recently saw this structure on History channel

The 3 stones of the wall are so massive....

--------------------

~ Buddha

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0410 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild