Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle

Minister Of Information
Group: Members
Member No.: 293
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 18 2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post
This came up on another thread, and so thought I should add it to the review section.

The Power Of Now, by Eckhart Tolle

It was recommended to me by a spiritual healer, and I have gained a great deal from it.

The main teaching (for me) is that the Mind is only a tool for the Being, and yet we (I) have lost the ability to stop it chattering all the time. The Mind not only creates time (to enslave us) but also becomes the Ego which can take control of our Being. He teaches how to make the Mind silent, which is required to be able to access the Now. He also shows how the mind is not conducive to creativity, something I wasn't expecting. scratchinghead.gif

One profound comment is, as Eckhart Tolle says;

“Realise deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.”

The book is written in question and answers, and very easy to follow. However, I found it hard to focus, because the mind tried its best to block reading it. That why I have it on CD as well as in print - the work is a threat to the Mind and the Ego, and they will resist change. It addresses the Being.

Here are some other quotes from the book. (But none of these do it full justice - just go get a copy.... winkNEW.gif )

Make the Now the primary focus of your life.

Whereas before you dwelt in time and paid brief visits to the Now, have your dwelling place in the Now and pay brief visits to past and future when required to deal with the practical aspects of your life situation.

Always say 'yes' to the present moment.

To make the journey into the Now, we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind.

We are not our mind.

All problems are illusions of the mind. The mind unconsciously loves problems because they give you an identity of sorts.

This is normal and it is insane.

"Problem" means that you are dwelling on a situation mentally without there being a true intention or possibility of taking action now and that you are unconsciously making it part of your sense of self.

You become so overwhelmed by your life situation that you lose your sense of life, of Being.

Or you are carrying in your mind the insane burden of a hundred things that you will or may have to do in the future instead of focusing your attention on the one thing that you can do now.

When you create a problem you create pain.

All it takes is a simple choice, a simple decision; no matter what happens, I will create no more pain for myself.

I will create no more problems.

For most people, presence is experienced either never at all or only accidentally and briefly on rare occasions without being recognised for what it is.

Most humans alternate not between consciousness and unconsciousness but only between different levels of unconsciousness.

What I call ordinary unconsciousness means being identified with your thought processes and emotions, your reactions, desires and aversions. It is most people's normal stage.

In that state, you are run by the egoic mind, and you are unaware of Being.

It is a state not of acute pain or unhappiness but of an almost continuous low level of unease, discontent, boredom, or nervousness - a kind of background static.

You may not realise this because it is so much a part of "normal" living just as you are not aware of a continuous low background noise, such as the hum of an air conditioner, until it stops.

When it suddenly does stop, there is a sense of relief.

The unease of ordinary unconsciousness turns into the pain of deep unconsciousness - a state of more acute and more obvious suffering or unhappiness - when things "go wrong,." when the ego is threatened or there is a major challenge, threat, or loss, real or imagined, in your life situation or conflict in a relationship.

It is an intensified version of ordinary unconsciousness, different from it not in kind but in degree.

This can bring up intense negativity such as anger, acute fear, aggression, depression, and so on.

Physical violence would be impossible without deep unconsciousness.

The best indicator of your level of consciousness is how you deal with life's challenges when they come.

Through those challenges, an already unconscious person tends to become more deeply unconscious, and a conscious person more intensely conscious.

You can use a challenge to awaken you, or you can allow it to pull you into even deeper sleep.

So how can we be free of this affliction?

Make it conscious.

Observe the many ways in which unease, discontent and tension arise within you through unnecessary judgement, resistance to what is, and denial of the Now.

Anything unconscious dissolves when you shine the light of consciousness on it.

Once you know how to dissolve ordinary unconsciousness, the light of your presence will shine brightly, and it will be much easier to deal with deep unconsciousness whenever you feel its gravitational pull.

Make it a habit to monitor your mental-emotional state through self-observation.

"Am I at ease this moment" is a good question to ask yourself frequently.

Or you can ask: "What is going on inside me at this moment?"

Be at least as interested in which goes on inside you as what happens outside. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place.

sun.gif

WF

--------------------

'The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds' J.F.K.

The Internet is a powerful weapon in the War on Ignorance
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 418
Mood: 

Posted: May 12 2005, 04:32 PM
Quote Post
Hi,

I've just finished the book (Satchmo recommended it).

I didn't found it difficult to focus on the reading. It greatly assisted me in silencing my mind. Now I can create a thought-free moment anytime I want and I find it to be very powerful!

If I am doing anything, and loosing focus, interest or weakening I stop my mind and go totally in, on what I am doing... bouncefire.gif For instance, in the gym, lifting some weights, and you come to your limit, I am able to do some more reps. Or in my work, when it tend to get boring, I really juice up.

Already got a couple of very intense "feeling sessions" out of it too. I must admit that they are great feelings and I have no other words than classify them as enlightenment.

I definitely recommend the book. See it as a shortcut to enlightenment... no 25 years on top of a mountain without sex and a big mac winkNEW.gif , just a book away.

rn.

--------------------
"Being controlled is for the Ignorant"
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 365
Mood: 

Posted: May 23 2005, 01:35 PM
Quote Post
Hi all,WithoutFear, Redniut, its very powerful book isnt it. Helps when one realises how powerful the mind can be in the way everyone is conditioned to think almost from birth, breaking that habbit is the key step to spiritual enlightenment. very comforting to stop the constant babble of the mind and live in the now. Almost everyone I know always says the future will be brighter, what's wrong with having the brightness right now? The Power of Now is a teaching that is very timely in its arrival, and imho many people will benefit from reading it. As you say it is a shortcut or as I like to think another step to enlightenment, cutting through the dogmas of many religions and getting the true meaning of many teachings of many religious scripts. I have also noticed how immediate the results are too,as soon as you start practicing it amazing results come flooding in.In essence quieting the mind and becoming the observer does bring out the divine being within us,because once the ego(mind) is silenced that is all that can surface,the true you. It's a book that ought to be read more than once imho,I know I will read it again. Have a great day,I know I will. sun.gif satchmo.

This post has been edited by satchmo on May 23 2005, 01:37 PM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 29 2008, 12:03 AM
Quote Post
The Power of Intention
EmoticonBump2.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0413 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild