Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My computer is under attack!

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 12 2004, 08:15 PM
Quote Post
Since April of this year, my firewall has logged almost 200,000 attempts by remote systems trying to gain access to my comp.

It never stops.... it's a constant barrage of different IP addresses.

I have done reverse DNS and whois checks and some addresses come from Virginia, Wash DC and Korea.

As I write this post I am under attack, I cannot even list ALL of the IP addresses as it never stops.

Here are the most recent in the past couple of minutes...

I did not list all the addresses that have tried to access my comp while I was writing this post.

There are about 30 or 40 more. and If I posted them all, I'd never be able to get this thread posted as it DOES NOT stop!

Is anyone else having such a severe attack on their computers as I am?

clubinhand.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Group: Members
Member No.: 114
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 12 2004, 11:43 PM
Quote Post
I have come to the conclusion that the govt. keeps my computer right where it wants it.
Operating.
I cannot explain that PuPP, but if you saw my setup,
you would understand that there is no way it should even operate now.
I think I got a trojan from GLP recently,they just seem to go away..
except for the one that got me "banned " from GLP, back in Dec,
that took a an easy secret fix,once realized,
but I have no firewalls, or virus protection, nothing for 4 years now.
How is it that it even still works...?
I never upload any Microsift updates,
don't use MSN,
I clean it once in while with TrendMicro, which cannot get the trojans,
There is no financial info on my computer,
and no illegal anything.
Just bigmouth me.
even my girlfriend was upset that it still works....
she cannot understand it.
I delete everything with an attachment , UNLESS I KNOW...
Perhaps my email account has been nabbed before , being used as a route to generate spam.....trojan viruses,
I don't know,all I know is that it works somehow, and gets the business done.
I am odd , ...that I don't get the antivirus-firewall mumbo jumbo, but I have computer brainiac friends with multiple firewalls clear up their a-holes,
and mondo virus hi tech programs,
that get completely hacked and lose everything,
...still here...
When I buy a new computer , I will totally upgrade , and get hacked no doubt.
also windows 98, is a lot better than the rest , and seems to get less new viruses..?

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 149
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 13 2004, 04:46 AM
Quote Post
My com gets more attacks than that.

Lots are from Denmark and Australia.

I have had spyware and viruses that messed my com or tracked all my downloads.

The net is not safe.

Luckily I don't have any important info on this com.

--------------------
"The Owls Are Not What They Seem"
http://community.webshots.com/user/wowbobwow
Band photos!!!!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/pallnut
A larger gallery of band photos I took!!!
http://photobucket.com/albums/v305/WOWBOBWOW/
PMEmail Poster
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Aug 13 2004, 05:13 AM
Quote Post
I don't have a firewall nor an antivirus program, but do have Ad-aware and BOClean. The BOClean keeps out trojans/keyloggers/trackers and the really bad virus programs, with daily updates...as many as 13 per day.

As far as I'm concerned it's the best program on the market. Yeah, it cost me 40 bucks, but it was well worth the savings in stress over having to deal with intruders. Had the home page set to blank, but MSN redirected the browser to their site, so set home page to an astronomy link to get around that.

The man who designed BOClean longs for the days of Win\98! Detests Win\XPee (as he calls it). Suggests a good firewall or external router, whatever that is. Anything that goes wrong with your computer he is willing to check out. Great guy!

If interested, www.nsclean.com

BJ

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 237
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 13 2004, 05:18 AM
Quote Post
I’ve a firewall and I’m always getting alerts warning me of scanning ports. Some days are better than others.

I learned to live with it. notworthy.gif

I guess there’s no place to hide PCpunch.gif so I just click ok and get on with my life. balance.gif

scoping.gif

Thessa

--------------------
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (NKJV)
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 244
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 15 2004, 11:36 PM
Quote Post
No software or computer is safe. As long as it is Microsoft on the software label, then there will be vulnerabilities and problems. As one who is tired but work on the microsoft's evil empire of software, I have been through numerous OS of theirs and only pleased with 98 and 2000. Everything else should not be mentioned because I will take up space in this forum. clubinhand.gif

PMEmail Poster

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Sep 27 2004, 10:53 PM
Quote Post
These attacks are probably not directed specifically at your computer; viruses/worms send out probes at random to vast swaths of the net.

On Being Paranoid.

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 02:13 AM
Quote Post
Most attacks are the worm/virus/whatever generating a whole bunch of random addresses. They will of course originate from whereever they managed to place themselves last time they got in somewhere. You should use Pandasoft Pro. It will tell you what is trying to get in. Mostly it is spyware and RPC calls.

Of course if you're paranoid, it is really the government keeping tabs.

I'm sure that Pupp and the Colonel are MUCH more important than me and KNOW so much more, that they need to be watched 24/7!

Intentions
Member No.: 163
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 05:08 AM
Quote Post
Most attacks are the worm/virus/whatever generating a whole bunch of random addresses. They will of course originate from wherever they managed to place themselves last time they got in somewhere. You should use Pandasoft Pro. It will tell you what is trying to get in. Mostly it is spyware and RPC calls.

Nothing wrong with this comment ...so far

Of course if you're paranoid, it is really the government keeping tabs.

I'm sure that Pupp and the Colonel are MUCH more important than me and KNOW so much more, that they need to be watched 24/7!

Ah pullease! Here I am logging in after months of being incommunicado.... and bad tempered to boot nono.gif

I haven't looked at the IP's listed in PuPP's post but c'mon, less of the put down's. PC Security IS an issue these days. Gov IP's can be pests, but IMO mostly (not all the time) they're either just curious or infected with a virus, spyware or trojans themselves. Why insinuate paranoid behaviour from others? We're all paranoid for one reason or another, else we wouldn't frequent forums of this type.
<< insert that cheesy wav file, 'Why can't we be friends' from the "The Chub-Chubs"cartoon >>

For my own situation, we switched to Unix, as a gateway/firewall a few years ago, and frankly I don't check the logs any more, but I do keep a sharp eye out for spyware and virus' on the kids' PCs, as they don't see the importance yet.

PS: Hi all, I guess, lol.
cheers2.gif

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 09:16 AM
Quote Post
Hey White Rabbit, are you the same one from the Dan Burisch thread?

I followed some of your posts over there. Amazing stuff!

These attacks are probably not directed specifically at your computer; viruses/worms send out probes at random to vast swaths of the net.

Thessa, BJ, WOWBOBWOW, Vianova and akihset2004...
Thank you all for your input!

I noticed the attacks increased termendously since 9/11.

On Being Paranoid. person, sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say, it's better to not say anything at all.

This is not GLP, we are here to help one another, to learn and to understand.

Please have some respect and play nice, thank you.

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Intentions
Member No.: 163
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 02:39 PM
Quote Post
Hi PuPP, yes I'm the same WR.
I've been a lurker for months, it's a nice place to visit smile.gif

It's the original thread's anniversary today, so we'll probably be needing to start a party thread here, if you're cool with that. If so, is the welcome wagon the best place?

Thanks, WR smile.gif

Edited: I'm out for the next few hours. If it's cool to go ahead with the thread, anyone can start it, as gnosis will be offline for another 6 hours or so. ciao

Have new info on the current status. Marci's retiring and being inducted into a new group. and Don's heard from Bernie (is that really Bennie?)

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 03:56 PM
Quote Post
Hi WR,
Of course it's cool to start a thread celebrating the anniversary.

But please no huge cut and pastes until I secure some donations so I can increase our bandwith here.

I don't want to lose the site or it to go down.

You can place the thread wherever you like.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 168
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 07:52 PM
Quote Post
I ran spyware scans and McAfee virus scan last weekend, just got the usual stuff, McAfee found a few spywares, Spybot found about 20. The last few days I have been going to only 3 sites I don't usually go to, and that is here, Uncle Bob's and Surfing the Apocolypse. So, I run scans tonight and you would not BELIEVE the amount of crap I have picked up, including a trojan.

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 08:52 PM
Quote Post
drummagick
The last few days I have been going to only 3 sites I don't usually go to, and that is here, Uncle Bob's and Surfing the Apocolypse. So, I run scans tonight and you would not BELIEVE the amount of crap I have picked up, including a trojan.

I haven't been to either of those sites.

I sure hope we don't have any nasties imbedded in any of our images.

I recently restricted remote linking for avatars and made members upload their own from their computers to try and prevent this. But we do have images in posts from various sites, but my image posts ALWAYS come from my computer.

jpgs can contain a virus. If you use hotmail, you'll notice they block images now to protect us.

While the so called "experts" will deny that a jpg can infect your system because there is no executable code, DO NOT BELIEVE them.

So in a way, forums with jpgs may be hazardous to us.

Also, you can be infected by merely OPENING your email, even though there is NO attachment.

The so-called experts will also try and tell you that is impossible.

Basically, the web is NOT safe for our computers and we can thank Bill Gates and whomever set up the internet. Was that Al Gore?

--------------------

~ Buddha

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 286
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 1 2004, 09:06 PM
Quote Post
I've noticed alot of "Pings" on my FW lately they all seem to come from Dullus(SP?). VA!
Is'nt that were the NSA is? And another thing, not to be conspirirtorial here, but, it seems that this started happening, just befor GLP went into the potty!!!
Maked you want to say "Hmmmmmm"

--------------------
:May Father stand betwen you and any evil that your path may cross!

"OF course you can trust the government! Ask any Indian!"
"Ask a Native person about, holocaust and genocide!"
PMEmail PosterAOL

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0474 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild