Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Woman Ripped Apart by Sharks In Queensland

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 9 2006, 07:54 PM
Quote Post
Submitted by Black Betty:

No sign of shark pack after Qld death
Sunday Jan 8 20:13 AEDT

A search for the shark pack which mauled a 21-year-old woman to death in Queensland's south-east has been unsuccessful.

Up to three sharks savaged Sarah Kate Whiley while she was swimming with friends at Amity Point, off Queensland's North Stradbroke Island, about 5.30pm (AEST) Saturday.

Within seconds they had torn off both Ms Whiley's arms and severely lacerated her torso and legs.

Shark seen off Tassie coast

Two fishermen were the first to react, managing to drag the woman from McDowall in Brisbane's north onto the beach.

Frantic bystanders scrambled for towels to stem the bleeding before a helicopter rushed a stricken Ms Whiley to Brisbane's Princess Alexandra Hospital where she died of shock and massive blood loss.

The horror of the pack attack has stunned the carefree holiday haven just east of Brisbane.

Beaches were closed as police and fishermen searched waters off the Moreton Bay island for the sharks that attacked in waters about 15 metres from the sand.

The extensive air and sea search has failed to locate the predators while investigations will be undertaken by Queensland Police and the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries.

Inspector Peter Harding said all beaches within a two kilometre stretch both east and west of the fateful spot - known as Rainbow Channel - had been closed "for a while" as a precaution.

The vicious shark death was the first to occur at a beach protected by Queensland's Shark Safety Program since it began 44 years ago, Acting Premier Anna Bligh said.

Ms Bligh ordered an urgent investigation into the terrifying attack to assess the effectiveness of the program, which has nets or drumlines - large baited hooks anchored to the seabed - off 84 beaches including Amity.

In the first detailed description of the tragedy, Insp Harding said Ms Whiley had been swimming with three friends from a church group when she was attacked.

"She went down under the water ... after about five or six seconds the deceased came out of the water and screamed 'Shark' and of course people at the time thought she was only joking ... until they saw the blood," he said.

Insp Harding said the extent of Ms Whiley's injuries indicated she had been attacked by was a pack of bull sharks, noted for their aggressive nature at this time of year.

"She was bleeding quite heavily - I'm of the opinion of what I've seen and what I've been told, there was more than one shark involved, there could have been up to three," he said.

He said police divers and fishermen were trying to hunt down the sharks to "retrieve what we can".

"If we found them I suppose we would try to retrieve them and see if they have any body parts," Insp Harding said.

"Realistically it's virtually impossible."

Insp Harding said some locals won't go near Rainbow Channel, which was one of the deepest in Moreton Bay, "at any time".

"After Friday night's storm - the water was very murky and dirty, in fact so much so one of the locals there wouldn't go in and dive," he said.

Despite earlier reports, Insp Harding said there was no dog with Ms Whiley at the time of the attack, and that she was in water "anything from chest-deep to 30 feet".

Ms Bligh said the fatality proved the Shark Safety Program, initiated by the state government in 1962 following a number of fatal shark attacks, was not an "impenetrable barrier between bathers and sharks".

"Amity Point has shark drumlines - they've had them since 1997 so it is very serious that there has been a fatality at a swimming beach that has these measures in place," Ms Bligh said.

The search for the sharks is continuing.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=64403

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Group: Members
Member No.: 470
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 9 2006, 08:45 PM
Quote Post
Hoy Pupp ..

Was a watching an interview with Valerie Taylor .. an australian who
has spent 30 odd years documenting the old ''NOAHS ARKS '' Ozzie
slang for Sharks ..

She had some VERY interesting things to say about this incident ..
Bull Sharks .. the species that attacked that poor girl .. like muddy
water ..and as most Ozzies know.. sharks prefer to hunt and feed
in deep trenches .. Stadbroke is on the edge of a deep trench ...

There is an Ozzie saying .. meaner and slicker that a stradbroke island shark..

I think Hoss summed it up beautifully in a post over at the Ozzie thread ..
WE .. are the interlopers .. not them ..

Australia has the highest concentration of dangerous and poisonous
FLORA AND FAUNA on the planet..this IS well known ..

I sometimes think that the ''pastuerisation and homogenisation ''
read ... limp .. heh.. or BEIGEIFICATION..) of the last couple of generations
of Ozzie kids .. has left them with little or no understanding of our unique
environment .. and no respect either ...
Nodstar*

This post has been edited by Nodstar on Jan 10 2006, 05:17 AM

--------------------
user posted image"In PuPP We Trust" user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Grouchy old bastard
Member No.: 556
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 9 2006, 09:42 PM
Quote Post
I was out fishing in my kayak not so long ago when a fin came up within arm's length of me. The ol' heart hit about 2,000. Luckily it was a dolphin. He took a breath and then helped himself to the school of fish I was drifting up to. Reminded me of just how vulnerable I am on the water.

For all their bad press there are only three species of shark which are really dangerous to humans, the bull shark being one of them. In my part of the world the only real bad shark is the Great White (water too cold for Tigers or Bulls) but they have been hunting humans more over the past few years. It can't be due to reduction in fish stocks because their favourite local food has had catch restrictions applied and are in better numbers than for many years. I think that the tourist operators who tease sharks for the titillation of cashed-up tourists are teaching sharks that humans=food.

In my city there is a man-made salt water lake surrounded by rich people houses. The yobbos think it's fun to catch bronze whaler sharks off the local beach, put them in the car and rush them into the lake still alive. Luckily bronze whalers are reasonably small and are fish eaters. One day the yobs will get caught by the residents. I hope I am there to see the fun - maybe even participate.

--------------------
So many ferals - so few bullets.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 04:48 AM
Quote Post
Hey U/Ozzie ..

As usual you make some EXCELLENT points about the ole
Noahs Arks .. esp the part about tourist operators sending em into
feeding frenzies for the sake of the tourists .. thus creating a food
fixation in the big dumb critters ( I see them as mobile garbage disposal units)

Recently up in NQ..Port Douglas I think .. there was a shark attack that
DIDNT make sense .. compared to the one at Stradbroke ..

Reef sharks or GUMMY Sharks as the locals call them .. attacked an mauled
a tourist ... now what was amiss in this incident is gummy sharks are
harmless critters .. I've NEVER heard of them attacking humans ..

I reckon in that particular case it might have something to do with their
peferred fish stocks bein all but fished out ..they must have been hungry
and went into a frenzy and attacked the swimmer after they had speared
a reef fish .. two species fightin over food .. sounds like that was what happened
to me anyway ..

Having spent a lot of time sailing in those waters ..I would
never have DREAMED that a school of gummies would actually hurt a human..
unless .. like any critter that was starving would fight for survival ...

Ennyhoo .. your post about sharks and fish stocks brought this to mind ..

Nodstar*MARVINBlinkNewEmot3.gif

This post has been edited by Nodstar on Jan 10 2006, 04:49 AM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Grouchy old bastard
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 06:01 PM
Quote Post
I remember seeing a warning in a diving manual to keep clear of the sharp end of gummies because they could attack without the usual threat displays. Although they would attack without warning they were not considered a threat to life because of their small size. I've never heard of them attacking a human in a pack before. What danger they lack because of small size would certainly be made up by weight of numbers.

On my kayak fishing web site, I make a point of saying not to remain in an area after catching a fish and not to keep fish in a bag in the water. If you catch a fish, it sends out distress vibrations which attracts the old Noah like nothing else, not to mention the blood and smell in the water. Spear fishers who keep their bleeding catch in a bag tucked into their waist belt are just asking to become shark sh1t. If people insist in keeping their catch in the water, they should tie it under a balloon and float it a loooong way down-current. Keep an eye on the balloon - if it disappears, it's time to go to the pub.

When I catch a fish, I put it inside a plastic bag inside the kayak, wash any blood and smell off the kayak and move away, up-current if there is one. Any sharks which follow the smell or vibrations should, hopefully, go to the catch area and move away with the smell.

Here's a few interesting (or not) trivia about the shark.
Sharks have existed, almost unchanged, for the past 300 million years.
Some sharks can detect the electrical impulses of a fish's breathing muscles even though the fish is buried in bottom sand. This is the equivalent of a doctor taking an EKG, without wires, from across the room.
Some sharks can detect water temperature variations as low as 1/10,000th of a degree celsius.
Tiger sharks begin killing even before they are born by attacking and eating their pre-born siblings.
A shark's heart can continue to beat for up to twenty minutes after being removed from the shark.

--------------------

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 06:12 PM
Quote Post
Hey there U/Ozzie ..

Once again your input is invaluable ...

Thanks so much for putting up the those ( not trivial ) factoids
about the ''mobile gabage disposal units " .scary big dumb critters they are ..

Also the info re spear fishing and how to NOT get eaten .. OUTSTANDING..
Mystery solved .. about the tourist at Port Douglas .. does make sense now ..

Thanks for the illuminating post .. COOL

best wishes ..

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 06:24 PM
Quote Post
And a shark can smell blood from how many miles away?

scratchinghead.gif

face.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 06:51 PM
Quote Post
Hi again U/Ozzie ..

Just a quick question .. that illustratrates my ignorance of these things .. heh

WHAT are shark DRUMLINES ???..
I dont swim .. heh .. worried about the
ole Noahs .. so I keep wondering what on earth they are ..
seems in the case of Stradbroke .. they didnt work in that case ..

Thanking you in advance ..

Nodstar* MARVINBlinkNewEmot3.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Grouchy old bastard
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 06:52 PM
Quote Post
I don't know about distance but the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles says they can smell blood in concentrations down to 1 in 1,000,000. I would think that the more blood and the quicker the current, the greater the distance.

I was going to take the kayak out this weekend, but all this shark talk makes me think I might go to inland waters or sit in the corner in the foetal position going abbrepp pfftddd gooop goop goop mama!

--------------------

Grouchy old bastard
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 07:26 PM
Quote Post
Nods,

Drum lines are lines of baited hooks suspended from large drum floats (hence the name) which are strung along parts of the coast of Qld and NSW to, supposedly, catch dangerous sharks. Drum lines also catch other species such as non-dangerous sharks, turtles, dolphins, dugongs, rays etc. Although they are checked regularly and the still-living, non-target species released, drum lines take a heavy toll of larger marine life. Another method of reducing shark numbers on beaches is meshing. Meshing uses long nets. This not only takes out many of the same non-target species but also takes out large whales.

All of this mindless death is so that people can splash about in the surf in comparative safety. If it is looked at logically, many more people get creamed in the car going to and from the beach than get taken by a predator going about his normal business.

--------------------

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 09:26 PM
Quote Post
Hey U/Ozzie ..

WOW .. thanks for the fast reply ...

I cant believe we are still using such primitive, wasteful and downright
cruel methods to protect folks from natural predators .. ARRGGGGH !!!!!

Spot on about gettin creamed onna way to the beach ...

To think that we are killing these unique and wonderful critters ..so
that folks can lather themselves in poisonous chemicals, and risk Skin Cancer
create pollution and paddle !!!! its just TOO MUCH !!!!

Thanks for the very cool info tho ...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Grouchy old bastard
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 10:29 PM
Quote Post
Nods,
I've said it before, "We are a stupid species."

In my part of the world we don't use drum lines or meshing. Aircraft patrol the coast during beach use times. One of the Universities runs pilot courses. They use Uni aircraft for the patrols and the students get their hours up doing a real task. When a shark is spotted, the aircraft radios ground based people who set out in boats to chase it off. At the same time a warning is sounded by the life-savers and it's "everyone out of the water." Y'orta see the people leave the water when the shark alarm sounds - heeelarious!

We still lose a few people to sharks (three would be a bad year) but they are mostly at remote beaches or out-of-patrol times. Every time someone gets taken, the vicious say, "Kill, kill, kill', but an equally vocal group says, "Leave nature alone - stay out of the water if you've got a problem." It's interesting that the groups most vulnerable to attack are those saying to leave them alone. They are winning the argument at the moment. One of the most vocal supporters of the sharks is a guy called Rodney Fox - he has got the scars to show how a great white had him by the torso - fierce circular scars on his front and back. He still dives.

--------------------

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 10:44 PM
Quote Post
Hey U/Ozzie ..

I 've always admired the efforts of the sometimes progressive S Australian
govt .. what a great Idea to use trainee pilots etc with the shark spotting ..
I LIKES IT !!!... No unnecessary suffering inflicted on our precious marine
life ... and USEFUL training for NEWBIES .. now thats common sense ..

Having described the Noahs as big dumb mobile garbage disposal units..
I hope you didnt think that I condone their slaughter .. they have a VERY
important part to play in the balance of our delicate marine ecology ..

I just reckon .. people should be more aware of them and their habits ..
EYE FOR AN EYE slaughter mentality .. geez .. how is that gonna prevent
someone endin up as a shark bikkie ??? I'ts too STUPID !!!! ..sigh

Thanks for your input .. I've learned heaps today !!
I thank you for that...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Grouchy old bastard
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 02:54 PM
Quote Post
Nods,

No, I never interpreted that you supported the slaughter of sharks, the opposite in fact.

--------------------

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.3063 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild