Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Religious Observations of George Carlin:, The Ten Commandments

Huh huh We're gonna take over the planet / Yeah with FIRE &#
Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 01:56 AM
Quote Post
Religious Observations of George Carlin:
The Ten Commandments

We're gonna start with the first three... and I'm gonna use the Roman Catholic version cuz that's what I was taught as a little boy:

I am the Lord thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before me.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Thou shalt keep holy the Sabbath.

Right off the bat, the first three: pure bullshit. ... Sabbath Day, Lord's name, strange gods. Spooky language! Spooky language! Designed to scare and control primitive people. In no way does superstitious nonsense like this apply to the lives of intelligent, civilized humans in the 21st century.

You throw out the first three commandments... you're down to seven. Next:

Honor thy father and mother.

Obedience; respect for authority. Just another name for controlling people. The truth is, obedience and respect should not be automatic: they should be earned, they should be based on the parents' performance. Parents' performance! Some parents deserve respect; most of them don't. Period!

You're down to six. Now, in the interest of logic—something religion is very uncomfortable with—we're gonna jump around the list a little bit.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.

Stealing and lying. Well, actually, these two both prohibit the same kind of behavior: dishonesty. Stealing and lying! So you don't need two of them; instead, you combine them and you call it Thou shalt not be dishonest, and suddenly... you're down to five.

And as long as we're combining, I have two others that belong together:

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.

Once again, these two prohibit the same kind of behavior; in this case, marital infidelity. The difference is, coveting takes place in the mind—and I don't think you should outlaw fantasizing about someone else's wife; otherwise, what's a guy gonna think about when he's waxing his carrot? ... But marital fidelity is a good idea, so we're gonna keep the idea and call this one Thou shalt not be unfaithful... and suddenly, we're down to four.

But when you think about it, honesty and fidelity are really part of the same overall value—so in truth, you could combine the two honesty commandments with the two fidelity commandments and give them simpler language, positive language instead of negative, and call the whole thing Thou shalt always be honest and faithful... and we're down to three.

...They're goin' away fast!

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods.

This one is just plain fuckin' stupid. Coveting your neighbor's goods is what keeps the economy going! ... Your neighbor gets a vibrator that plays "O Come All Ye Faithful"; you wanna get one too! Coveting creates jobs; leave it alone. You throw out coveting, you're down to two now: the big honesty and fidelity commandment, and the one we haven't talked about yet.

Thou shalt not kill.

Murder. The fifth commandment.

But when you think about it ... religion has never really had a big problem with murder. Not really. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason. ... All you have to do is look at Northern Ireland, the Middle East, Kashmir, the Inquisition, the Crusades, and the World Trade Center to see how seriously the religious folks take Thou shalt not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable. It's negotiable! You know, it depends. It depends. It depends on who's doing the killing and who's getting killed.

So with all of this in mind, I leave you with my revised list of the Two Commandments:

Thou shalt always be honest and faithful to the provider of thy nookie.

and

Thou shalt try real hard not to kill anyone... unless, of course, they pray to a different invisible man from the one you pray to.

Two is all you need; Moses could have carried them down the hill in his fuckin' pocket. And if they had a list like that, I wouldn't mind those folks in Alabama putting it up on the courthouse wall... as long as they included one additional commandment:

Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

--------------------
user posted imageUhhh he can't read and stuff...he's like illegitimate or something user posted image 
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 365
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 03:06 PM
Quote Post
Thanks for the chuckle Parinthian, might have to go watch Monty Pythons Meaning of Life now,lol. peace2.gif satchmo.

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 04:07 PM
Quote Post
Thanks Parinthian, I recall seeing George Carlin perform that monologue and it really made me think.

One of my all time favorites:

Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Huh huh We're gonna take over the planet / Yeah with FIRE &#
Member No.: 378
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 08:00 PM
Quote Post
No problem. Just always remember to question everything. smileNew4.gif

--------------------
user posted imageUhhh he can't read and stuff...he's like illegitimate or something user posted image 
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0388 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild