Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Oil Hits $144 A Barrel!, Clean Energy - Anyone?

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:36 PM
Quote Post
How about we start using CLEAN RENEWABLE ENERGY instead?

Before the USA, UK and the global elite sponsored the invasion (Operation Iraqi Liberation - O.I.L.) of Iraq in March 2003, I recall that oil was approx 25 dollars a barrel.

Oil Hits $51 A Barrel
10-5-4
(Reuters)
NEW YORK - Oil prices hit a new record of more than $51 a barrel Tuesday as a prolonged U.S. production outage following Hurricane Ivan attracted fresh speculative buying.

U.S. light crude set a high of $51.24 a barrel in afternoon trading, while London Brent moved to a record $47.40 a barrel.

"Fair value is probably not too far from these levels," said Emanuele Ravano, head of portfolio management at PIMCO. "If you look at the longer term factors there is still clearly demand inelasticity and poor infrastructure."

High prices have had little effect on the fastest oil demand growth in a generation this year, while concern of potential supply disruptions as oil producers pump at full capacity has fed price gains.

Supply anxiety is building ahead of the northern hemisphere winter, when demand for heating oil surges. Inventories of crude and distillates in the world's top energy user, the United States, are running as much as 4 percent below last year.

"U.S. production has been slow to recover from Hurricane Ivan and people are worried by the low level crude and distillate inventories ahead of winter," said Tetsu Emori, chief commodities strategist at Mitsui Bussan Futures in Tokyo.

In the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, nearly 29 percent or about 480,000 barrels per day of oil output remains shut three weeks after Hurricane Ivan first hit the region, the U.S. Minerals Management Service said Monday.

U.S. consultancy PIRA Energy estimates at least 40 million barrels equivalent of oil and gas will be deferred by Hurricane Ivan.

PIRA said it calculates 17 million barrels of oil, 4 million barrels of natural gas liquids and 110 billion cubic feet of natural gas will be shut in by the hurricane.

The estimate includes an assumption about Ivan losses in the rest of October and into November.

U.S. DATA

Dealers will now look to U.S. oil inventory data, due out Wednesday, to gauge how comfortable oil supplies are in the weeks approaching winter.

A revised Reuters poll of 10 analysts predicted on average a fall in distillate stocks -- including heating oil, the main winter fuel in the northeast of the country -- by 900,000 barrels and a drop in gasoline stocks by 600,000 barrels.

The weekly report by the Energy Information Administration was expected to show crude stocks rising in the week to Oct. 1 by 2.2 million barrels from the week earlier.

Oil prices had eased Monday after Nigerian rebels withdrew a threat to target the country's over 2.3 million bpd of oil production facilities, but concerns lingered over the OPEC member's stability in the near term.

Iraq also remains volatile, with saboteurs still targeting pipelines. Monday, an internal line linking the country's north and south fields was hit, although this did not affect exports.

Together the two countries produce over 4.5 million bpd, about three times the amount of spare production capacity held by members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), most of that in Saudi Arabia.

Market bulls are encouraged by signs that speculative funds, a major factor in this year's steep oil price rally, continue to buy into the market.

Speculators on crude oil on the New York Mercantile Exchange increased net long positions in the week ended Sept. 28 in a bet that prices would rise, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission said.

http://rense.com/general58/oile.htm

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Intentions
Group: Members
Member No.: 202
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 6 2004, 12:58 PM
Quote Post
Whoops, old news, it's now 52 a barrel!!!

PMEmail Poster
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 6 2004, 01:12 PM
Quote Post
""U.S. production has been slow to recover from Hurricane Ivan..."

Did I miss something here? FL was without power in millions of homes for a loooong time. So what did Hurricane Ivan have to do with the price of oil? Somebody, fill me in! scratchinghead.gif

BJ

Intentions
Member No.: 202
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 07:01 AM
Quote Post
Whoops, oil now 52.62 a barrel!!! lol.gif pyramideye.gif

PMEmail Poster
researcher

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 08:00 AM
Quote Post
http://www.icubenetwork.com/forum/viewforu...dee1f4fdd5d09f6

groups working to power internal combustion engines with h2 derived from breaking apart water molecule..(yeah, yeah, i know..faraday says blah, blah, blah)

Stanley Meyers died for this..
Carl Cella died for this..
many others intimidated or bought out by big oil (of which the (p)resident is part of.. stormtrooper.gif

this coupled with tesla technologies could power our world into a new era of peace and prosperity, but do you think tptb would let us??

peace ufo.gif

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 264
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 11:27 AM
Quote Post
I found this article From The Wilderness on RMN (or was it STA?) and what made me genuine interested was the name of Kjell Aleklett (red colour in the quote). He’s a Swedish professor in Pysichs and his point of view is well-known from Scandinavian news for the past years.
In 2001 he stated that the world had used more than 50 % of the oil resources.
In Oct 2003 he stated that UNs research on effects of climate change (scenarios 2000-2100) were wrong because they were was based on too much oil reserves left. (good news really for the climate but…) Aleklett has been worrying about peak oil and a coming energy crisis for some years now. He’s leading a group named Association for the study of Peak oil and Gas.
A quote from their webpage
Deutsche Bank warns Oil Price may hit $100

You can read more about it here: http://www.peakoil.net/

Back to the article from RMN:
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/...we_did_it.shtml
WE DID IT!
World's Seven Largest Economies (G7) Admit They Have No Idea How Much Oil Is Left - Issue Emergency Call for Transparency at DC Summit
A Challenge to the Flat-Earth, Abiotic Oil Advocates and Cornucopian Economists - It's Now or Never, by Michael C. Ruppert
WASHINGTON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Worried soaring oil prices could hurt the best global prospects in years, finance chiefs from wealthy nations met on Friday to try to work out what lay behind the surge and how to buffer the economic expansion.
Group of Seven finance ministers and central bankers met at the tightly guarded U.S. Treasury building over lunch and were to work through the afternoon before a dinner with Chinese counterparts that has currency reform on the menu.
The officials will set out their world-view at about 5:45 p.m. EDT (2145 GMT) in a communiqué sources said would include a call to bolster oil-market monitoring to make it easier to discern if scarce supply, hefty demand or market speculation lay behind crude's drive to record levels.
The answer to this question is critical.
It could affect policy responses big oil consumers must adopt -- higher interest rates to stem inflation or a renewed focus on finding new energy sources -- and may offer key information on how long the price rise will last.
On Friday, U.S. crude oil futures topped $50 a barrel.
RISKS RISING
"High and volatile oil prices pose a risk to the outlook, dampening consumer spending and company profitability," Britain's Chancellor of the Exchequer, Gordon Brown, warned on Friday. He said it was vital for the G7 "to improve the transparency and the efficiency of the oil market."
G7 sources said a document released on Friday by Brown laying out his calls for improved energy market data would form the basis of language on oil in the ministers' communiqué.
After the half-day formal meeting, G7 ministers will sit down with China for a working dinner billed as an historic chance to bring the Asian giant into the fold and discuss its plans to ease a peg of its yuan… to the dollar…
The G7 gathering comes ahead of weekend meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank…
Ministers are seeking energy market transparency to discover if world oil supplies may be scantier than they thought in May when they urged producers to open the spigots…
Another G7 official suggested the rise in oil costs was rooted in such fundamental factors as over-estimated supplies and was not solely due to speculation.
There is "a recognition that oil resources are scarcer than was thought a few years ago," the official said. "We agree there is a need for more transparency on the potential supply of various areas."
*snip*
For three years (and in many cases far longer) a group of dedicated men and women, recognized as being in the forefront of the movement to place Peak Oil front-and-center on the world's agenda, have endured intense resistance - personal attacks, bureaucratic "barricades," disinformation, and more - to convey one message and one message only: The peak of world oil production is at hand now. With it come the most serious questions ever to confront our species. Their names include: Colin Campbell, Kjell Aleklett, Jean Laherrère, Kenneth Deffeyes, Matthew Simmons, Richard Heinberg, Julian Darley, Barrie Zwicker, Ali Samsam Bakhtiari, Michael Klare, Adam Porter, Andreas von Bülow, Richard Duncan, Walter Youngquist, Jay Hanson, Marshall Auerback, The Electric Wallpaper film company, FTW's Dale Allen Pfeiffer, Stan Goff and me (among many others).

Hmmm – just for the record -- I saw someone almost complaining about paying 2 USD for 1 gallon of gas. In Scandinavia you would have to pay 5,18 USD for a gallon…

PMEmail Poster
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 11:48 AM
Quote Post
"...I saw someone almost complaining about paying 2 USD for 1 gallon of gas."

Blue Eyed, our country couldn't stand a price of over $5.00/gal. It would create much hardship. $2 is a lot of money for some, especially for single mothers. As the price of oil rises, so does the price of goods and services, so it's not just the gas that goes in the tank that is having an affect on our standard of living.

I read that Osama Bin Laden stated that he would hail the day that oil would be $150/barrel. That would bring the US directly to its knees, but I think before that happens, we would not hesitate to go to war. It would be that or be reduced to eating cheese and crackers in the dark.

BJ

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 11:49 AM
Quote Post
edit:

just as you said BJ1:
so it's not just the gas that goes in the tank that is having an affect on our standard of living.
Looking beyond high petrol prices
by Ian McPherson - Beyond the pump
Most people think that the price of oil only impacts their personal transport. Nothing could be further from the truth. Oil is widely used in agriculture, medicine, the home and technology. Look beyond this text to your monitor and computer, and all the external cabling that enables it. The plastics that make these technological marvels possible also spring from oil.

PMEmail Poster

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 7 2004, 12:07 PM
Quote Post
It would create much hardship. $2 is a lot of money for some, especially for single mothers.

Today’s gas prices are hurting families and single mothers here as well.
And we are using trains and buses more now, and also our feet.

That’s a good thing – we pollute less...

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 8 2004, 10:54 PM
Quote Post
eyeball.gif eyeball.gif
Oil Surges To A Record, Breaching $53
By Stephen Leahy
Wired News
10-8-4
(Bloomberg) -- Crude oil in New York rose to a record $53.31 a barrel after the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port shut for a third time in a month as refiners struggle to boost supplies that were depleted by Hurricane Ivan. 

"We can't afford to lose one drop of oil right now because supply and demand are so tight," said Michael Fitzpatrick, vice president of energy risk management with Fimat USA in New York. "The closing of the LOOP just adds to a big basket of woes that is getting heavier by the day."

Crude oil for November delivery rose 64 cents, or 1.2 percent, to close at $53.31 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Oil reached $53.40, the highest intraday price since futures began trading in 1983. Prices rose 6.4 percent this week and were up 79 percent from a year ago. Futures have risen in 15 of the last 17 sessions and for the last four weeks.

In London, the November Brent crude-oil futures contract rose 81 cents, or 1.7 percent, to close at a record $49.71 a barrel on the International Petroleum Exchange. Prices reached $49.75, the highest intraday price since the contract began trading in 1988.

©2004 Bloomberg L.P. All rights reserved.
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...=top_world_news

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Intentions
Member No.: 230
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 9 2004, 12:06 AM
Quote Post
Meanwhile, we continue to turn out in the seemingly countless millions, the huge beasts called SUVs, that guzzle the petrol without conscience. I can see the need for an 18 wheeler needing a ton of fuel, but a family car? Stuff 'em, I say. If we have to pay more for our gasoline, it seems like a fair trade. Keep the fuel oil prices down so the homes needing it for heat in the winter can have it at a reasonable cost and the diesel for the truckers down in price so our commerce can be handled at an affordable price. Do it by making the gas guzzlers pay through the nose. I'd take a hit because the last car I bought has the big engine, not the thrifty four banger, but that was my choice. As long as our choices are cheap, we will select them. I do remember the long lines at the pumps back in the 70's. That resulted in tax breaks for energy efficient all kinds of things. Those breaks were repealed years ago and I think the result of that shortsightedness is a great part of why we have a problem today. Maybe we need a reminder.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Terry

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 10 2004, 07:35 AM
Quote Post
It is not just the SUV..It is supply and demand-we will pay for peoples demands.

Our country is wasteful..We waste and throw away things instead of recyling..

People walk instead of drive 1/2 mile. Or commute with other drivers..Or keep there house's at 65-68 degrees instead of 73-77.. Close off rooms in their homes that are not used on a regular basis..Put warmer clothes on.. Practice conserving..

Terry- pinkelephant.gif

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 10 2004, 05:17 PM
Quote Post
Some good responses in this thread. Cool!

I'd just like to say...

Conserve - Recycle - Preserve

sun.gif

USE CLEAN ENERGY

face.gif

--------------------

~ Buddha

Intentions
Member No.: 230
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 10 2004, 07:57 PM
Quote Post
The energy issue lights my fire, so <soapbox>. Because in my youth I worked at a nuclear power facility, I have a feeling for it that most folks never have the opportunity to obtain. Most of us only seem to visualize nuclear weapons, Chernobyl, and Three Mile Island, when it comes to thinking about nuclear power. Nuclear energy is here now and it is definitely a viable power source able to greatly reduce the demands on fossil fuels. Of course there is a trade to be made. However that trade is not the fearsome thing that the anti-nuclear crowd emphasizes. A nuclear weapon has to be designed to explode violently, they cannot simply happen from throwing together fissionable material. Chernobyl was about as close to a nuclear explosion as one could get with a reactor and fortunately, we do not design our reactors the way that one was. Our reactor designs were more like Three Mile Island, prior to that experience. Since, they have been changed a bit so that something similar could not occur. (The modifications were largely to the cooling systems.) The Three Mile Island incident did not result in any deaths and released less radiation into the atmosphere than the media would have us to believe. Of the approximately two million people exposed, they received about 1/6th of the radiation that a set of chest X-Rays would have given them. One additional Rem, out of a natural background radiation of about 100 Rems per year. Granted that low radiation is good, and zero radiation is best, but consider the trade. How many people are disabled or killed each year due to efforts to extract and distribute fossil fuels? Coal mining used to kill scores of people each year, though that number has dropped dramatically in recent years, it is still more than the nuclear energy industry. The negative effects of air pollution on the lifespan of our species would be difficult to accurately define, but it is most definitely great and mostly the result of the burning of fossil fuels. I simply cannot see why there is such resistance to having a nuclear power plant down the road from your (my) town, other than that I wouldn't want 'any' power plant down the road from me.

The only argument that the anti-nuclear folks seem to have against more such power plants is the issue of waste disposal. There is a solution if they'd just let us implement it though. Between us and the Russians, someone found a way to fuse it into, essentially, an insoluble rock. That combined with burial at Yucca Mountain, would put the problem in the hands of those many thousands of years in the future, after most of the nuclide's had decayed. Worst case scenario in that case would perhaps involve a disaster of cataclysmic proportions, such as a meteor strike on Yucca Mountain, or a climate change so drastic that those mountains were eroded into the sea. In such disastrous cases as one might image though, I think some insoluble radioactive waste going into the sea would be the least of mankind's worries.</soapbox>

Oh, before I leave the subject, have any of you seen the neat website of the motorcycle gal who did manage to get some fantastic pictures of the Chernobyl region? The site is http://www.kidofspeed.com/default.htm Her ride has been thoroughly debunked but her pictures stand. That is the sort of thing that can scare the crud out of those who think that all nuclear power reactors are designed similarly.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 17 2004, 10:12 PM
Quote Post
Oil Breaks Through $55 Level
10-17-4

TOKYO, Japan (Reuters) -- U.S. crude oil futures have surged above $55 a barrel in electronic trading due to widespread worries about northern winter fuel supplies, traders said.

NYMEX crude for November delivery surged to a fresh record of $55.02 a barrel near 10 a.m. in Tokyo Monday as U.S. heating oil stocks remained low.

The November contract expires on Wednesday.

Last Friday, light crude closed at $54.93, up 17 cents on the session at a record settlement high. Crude has climbed nearly 70 percent so far this year.

In London, Brent held tight near $50, finishing Friday at $49.90, down 16 cents.

Also on Friday, U.S.Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, while warning of more serious risks if oil prices were to move "materially higher," said he did not see current levels inflicting the kind of pain on economic growth seen in the 1970s.

"The impact of the current surge in oil prices, though noticeable, is likely to prove less consequential to economic growth and inflation than in the 1970s," Greenspan told a conference in Washington, adding that over the long haul, technology and the transition to alternative energy sources would ensure the world's oil supply meets demand. 

http://rense.com/general58/55.htm

--------------------

~ Buddha

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0511 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild