Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Honey Bee Mystery, Millions of bee's missing

The Great Ving
Group: Members
Member No.: 219
Mood: 

Posted: May 21 2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post
I've been doing a little research on the whole missing bee thing and it seems that only the larger imported commercial grade honey bees are being affected... Richard Hoagland mentioned something about the larger honey comb size picking up some type of signal or harmonic frequency and actually played a recording of a sound that was coming from inside of a hive somewhere... Very weird...

Bee Swarm Disrupts Ind. Fundraising Walk
Associated Press 05.21.07, 11:55 AM ET

A swarm of honeybees temporarily disrupted a charity fundraising event, but no one reported being stung.

Authorities evacuated the area Saturday after the swarm of about 3,000 bees emerged from the woods around the West Noble (nyse: NE - news - people ) High School football field, where 700 people were participating in a fundraising walk for the American Cancer Society.

The bees landed on a large umbrella shading the campsite of one of the more than 60 teams taking part in the 24-hour event in the town, 40 miles northwest of Fort Wayne.

A local beekeeper, Matt Green, used a smoke machine to calm the bees and coax them into a beehive he brought to the field. The event was delayed about 45 minutes.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/05/21/ap3742203.html

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on May 21 2007, 09:53 PM

PMEmail PosterAOL

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 581
Mood: 

Posted: May 24 2007, 12:39 PM
Quote Post
sadoriginal.gif It's not the Bee's but in New Zealand also we are losing our beauitful Monarch Butterfly Population too.

But with the Bee's here we now have a threat of "Varoa Bee Mite". It's here and all our Bee keeper's are cringing. It's only been in New Zealand for a couple of years now.

Poor Bee's sadoriginal.gif

P.s A funny useless piece of info. In my country as well as the Kiwi Bird being our symbol. We Kiwi's take much pride in "Our Iconic" "Buzzy Bee"
EmoticonSheepAid.gif
Darkraveness xxxxxxx
EmoticonSheepAid.gif

--------------------
"Foolish is the man who never reads a newspaper; even more foolish is the man who believes what he reads just because it is in the newspaper."

- August von Schlozer, German historian and journalist of the late 18th century.
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: May 24 2007, 01:09 PM
Quote Post
Monarch butterflies... I remember those when I was a kid here in Los Angeles. Every year we'd see thousands of them as they migrated. I have not seen a Monarch butterfly in more than a decade.

Also in Los Angeles, back in the 1960s and early 1970s, there were also smaller white and yellow butterflies all over the place. I actually saw a white butterfly a month ago and was shocked to see it. We had large June Bugs ever year which are now gone and replaced by some smaller species.

There were blue bellied lizards everywhere, but they disappeared in the 80s.

Many insect species seem to have also vanished as well as frogs and toads.

But the cockroach population is growing rapidly... as well as the size of the roaches.

Last night, I saw the largest cockroach I ever seen in my life - over 2 inches long, but only 1/2 inch wide.
ShockedMouse.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: May 28 2007, 11:20 PM
Quote Post
The bees are swarming for some reason.... Very strange...

Bees force plane to land
29 May, 2007 l 0000 hrs IST

A passenger plane was forced to land after flying into a swarm of British bees.
A passenger plane was forced to land after flying into a swarm of British bees. The Palmair Boeing 737, with 90 passengers on board, had to return to Bournemouth Airport in southern England shortly after take-off following an engine surge.
The pilot decided to abort the flight to Faro in Portugal and returned for safety checks. The plane's engine was thought to have become clogged with bees. Huge clouds of bees have been seen around Bournemouth these days.
Said a passenger Clive Parker, "one could see bees all around the plane, and then there was suddenly an announcement saying that the plane was returning to England." 
Bees force plane to land
(Reuters)
Updated: 2007-05-28 15:03

LONDON - A passenger plane was forced to land after flying into a swarm of British bees Thursday.

The Palmair Boeing 737, with 90 passengers on board, had to return to Bournemouth Airport in southern England shortly after take-off following an engine surge.

The pilot decided to abort the flight to Faro in Portugal and returned for safety checks. The plane's engine was thought to have become clogged with bees, the company said Friday.

Huge clouds of bees have been seen around Bournemouth over the past few days, a spokeswoman said.
Swarm of Bees Forces Plane to Land

LONDON (AP) -- A plane headed for Portugal had to turn back to England, because of a massive swarm of bees.

The thick cloud of bees was sucked into the plane's engine, causing an engine surge and forcing the pilot to turn around and land in Bournemouth.

A spokesman for Palmair says the bees were buzzing off of Britain's Bournemouth coast just before the Boeing 737 took off on Thursday. Some people who saw the bees say the swarm was about 20-thousand strong.

The airline says they found a "large number of bees smeared inside the engine."

Those bees caused an eleven-hour delay for about 200 passengers.
Swarm Of Bees Makes Its Home At Kannapolis Church

POSTED: 4:40 pm EDT May 25, 2007
UPDATED: 6:32 pm EDT May 25, 2007

KANNAPOLIS, N.C. -- The buzz at one Kannapolis church isn't the kind members want. Thousands of bees have packed into the side of the church causing one service to be canceled and possibly forcing Sunday’s service to be moved.

The bees are stacked inches thick and about a foot wide, providing a startling view at Four Gospel Missionary Church. Susie Johnson is a member who's in shock.

"We've never seen anything like this before in our lives,” she said. “It's just scary; it's kind of scary."

Johnson says she noticed bees beginning to circle around the church last Sunday but didn't expect a problem like this. Then when she arrived for a bible study Wednesday night, the bees were swarming outside. The service was canceled.

"There were so many bees that we couldn't get in,” Johnson said. “Some got inside the church, and we do have some members that are allergic to bee stings."

According to Johnson, the pastor is one of those who are allergic, and no one at the church is taking the frightful insects lightly.

"If they were to attack, I think it would be fatal,” Johnson said. “(It’s) just a scary situation. Everyone who sees these bees feels threatened."

Members hope to get a bee expert out to the church to take care of the situation, but if nothing can be done, they won't be holding services there.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/13392603/detail.html

Not all bees are being affected... Just the imported ones...

El Paso beekeepers say their hives still healthy (9:22 a.m.)
By Darren Meritz / El Paso Times
Article Launched: 05/28/2007 09:09:47 AM MDT

FABENS -- Honey farmers like Tony Ceballos of the Lower Valley are keeping a watchful eye on an illness that's causing bees to mysteriously wander away from their hives and disappear.

Colony Collapse Disorder, the name of the new illness that was first reported to experts late last year, appears to have inflicted bee losses on hives throughout the country and in other parts of the world.

But El Paso honey farmers, some worried that the plague on bee livestock could spread to far West Texas, are so far pleased to say nothing resembling the disorder appears to have struck either El Paso or the Mesilla Valley.

"The truth of the matter is we don't know what it is, what's causing it," Ceballos said. "The thing with us, our bees are still looking really good."

Ceballos, whose family has been harvesting honey in the Lower Valley for about 40 years, described Colony Collapse Disorder as perhaps the worst threat to bee hives since the early 1970s. He, like other bee experts, is apprehensive about guessing what's causing bees to disappear. And he's keeping his fingers crossed that his own hives haven't become disoriented and started to wander off, because it could shut his business down for several years.

If Colony Collapse Disorder strikes here, "You lose your hives," said Ceballos, who harvests as much as 450 drums of honey per year. "I'd have to stop beekeeping. I'd wait until everything's gone and come back again when I can really keep bees."

Investigators have considered as a cause chemicals, pollution, global warming, parasites, and even cell phone usage.

"Nobody knows exactly what is going on. All the bee experts are puzzled," said Salvador Vitanza, an extension agent who specializes in integrated pest management at the Texas Cooperative Extension. "The bees disappear. They don't find the dead bodies."

Beyond the threat Colony Collapse Disorder poses to bees, experts are looking at the impact the illness may have on other crops that depend on the insects for pollination.

A report by expert Renée Johnson to Congress earlier this year indicates that bee losses among colonies range from 30 percent to 90 percent. An estimated one-third of the U.S. diet is based on foods that relies on bee pollination for agricultural production, the report found. The value of honey bees as pollinators in the United States is estimated at about $15 billion annually.

Vitanza said that in Texas bee experts have yet to find a case. But the disorder is believed to have stricken at least 26 states and could have a dramatic effect on the yield of certain crops, particularly fruits. Production of almonds, cherries and other produce depend heavily on bees to pollinate their orchards, but almost none of those crops are grown commercially in the El Paso area.

"In Texas, the experts haven't been able to find a single case," Vitanza said. But if the illness spreads, "it would have an impact on crops because there are many crops that need the honey bees to be pollinated."

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: May 28 2007, 11:41 PM
Quote Post
Aggressive bees take over Texas street
by MT Bureau - May 25, 2007 - 0 comments

Waco, Texas -- Police blocked off an area of Waco, Texas, after rampaging bees took over the neighborhood, stung about a dozen people and killed two dogs.

A teenage girl was hospitalized after being stung more than 20 times by the swarming insects and at least 10 other people were stung, most of them repeatedly, The Waco Tribune-Herald reported Thursday.

The bees killed two dogs and caused two other to be sent to veterinary hospitals with more than 500 stings each, the newspaper said.

The bees were set off in an aggressive rampage when beekeeping hobbyist Jim Bartley attempted to remove a hive from the property of the Rev. C.J. Oliver. Bartley said the bees became unusually aggressive and began to attack, stinging him several times despite his protective gear, the newspaper said.

"I've worked with bees for 35, 40 years, and I've never worked with bees that were more aggressive than those," he told the Tribune-Herald.

He said the bees took over an area extending two blocks from their colony.
Scott City, MO
Trucker Hauling Bees Dies in SeMo Wreck; 17 Million Bees Swarm I-55

May 25, 2007 12:43 PM EDT

SCOTT CITY, MO - A truck driver hauling more than 17 million bees dies in an accident on Interstate 55, and three southeast Missouri beekeepers were called in to help manage the swarm of bees that escaped after the wreck.

The accident happened yesterday afternoon, killing 37-year-old Alan Hunter of Richville, Minnesota.

The Missouri Highway Patrol says Hunter apparently fell asleep at the wheel.  The semi sideswiped a bridge guardrail near Scott City, went off the road and overturned in a soybean field.

Firefighters put on full gear and taped their sleeves at the wrists to protect themselves from the swarm of bees.  Each of the 700 beehives in the trailer contained about 25,000 bees.
30,000 BEES SWARM TO BEACH 

Thursday May 24,2007

By Padraic Flanagan 

A SWARM of more than 30,000 bees descended on a beach yesterday, causing sunseekers to flee in panic.

Onlookers thought the black cloud was a flock of birds until it came closer and they heard the distinctive buzzing.

Experts believe the queen bee left her old nest and was searching for a new site, and flew towards the pier in Bournemouth, Dorset.

Native honeybees often swarm at this time of year, but rarely in  such great numbers.

A pest control expert and an amateur apiarist attended and put a cordon around a fence where the swarm settled.

In protective clothing, apiarist Rupert Coutts found the bees’ nest and captured the queen, which he took back to his own apiaries – hoping the bees would follow.

The queen is always at the centre of the swarm, protected by the other bees who fly with her and will form the new colony.

Mr Coutts said: “They are not dangerous. They’re just looking for a new home and have other things on their mind.”

Beach-goer Maureen Jarvis  said: “I thought it was a flock of birds until I heard the buzzing. I don’t care what people said about them being harmless, I wasn’t going to hang around to find out.

“Imagine being stung by that lot! I had my young granddaughter with me and I wasn’t going to put her at any risk.”
British honeybees are going through a rough time in Britain and are declining in numbers due to disease.

Bee expert Koos Biesmeijer of the University of Leeds said honeybees start to swarm and look for a new nest from April to early June.
Published May 21, 2007 11:17 am - About 3,000 bees landed on a large umbrella shading the campsite of one of the more than 60 teams taking part in the 24-hour event.

Honey bee swarm disrupts Indiana cancer fundraiser

The Associated Press

LIGONIER — A swarm of about 3,000 honey bees temporarily disrupted a charity event for the American Cancer Society.

Authorities evacuated the area Saturday after the swarm emerged from the woods surrounding the West Noble High School football field, where 700 people were participating in a fundraising walk.

The bees landed on a large umbrella shading the campsite of one of the more than 60 teams taking part in the 24-hour event in the city 40 miles northwest of Fort Wayne.

Local beekeeper Matt Green used a smoke machine to calm the bees and coax them into a beehive he brought to the field, The event was delay about 45 minutes.
May 17, 2007 6:48 am US/Mountain

Bees Swarm Around Downtown Denver Tree Branch

Arturo Santiago
Reporting

(CBS4) DENVER A swarm of honey bees made their home on the branch of a tree in downtown Denver near 14th and Larimer Wednesday afternoon. The buzzing insects created plenty of worry among some of the people walking by.

The Wednesday swarm of about 5,000 bees came after another incident last Friday when a swarm took over a parking meter.

A beekeeper who came to take away the bees said there could be a hive somewhere in the downtown area. He suggested the swarm broke away to create a new colony.

The bees are likely stopping to rest while scout bees look for a permanent home.

The beekeeper said with honey bees dying off by the millions across the country, the bees downtown are worth something.

"So this is a very valuable thing to get these bees, cause whatever's killing them hasn't affected these guys yet," said Mike Benton, a beekeeper.

Benton said people downtown can expect to see similar activity for the next few weeks. May is the primary month for creating new hives and bees like to travel on nice warm and sunny days.
Bees swarm the John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids

Created: 5/15/2007 5:05:47 PM
Updated: 5/15/2007 5:10:19 PM

Grand Rapids - A swarm of bees decided to set up shop inside the John Ball Zoo Tuesday afternoon.

The bees were clumped around a Maple Tree near the central part of the zoo.

A Zoo keeper noticed the bees buzzing this afternoon and called in a bee keeper. He sprayed them with sugar water causing them to fall to the ground. The bee keeper captured the queen bee and put her inside another hive causing the rest of the bees to follow her.

No one was stung by the bees
Bees swarm sapling in new Chandler subdivision

A swarm of bees settled on a maple sapling at a home on Taylor Street on the North side of Chandler early Sunday. Shawna Adams said her husband noticed the odd clump of bees on the tree about 10 feet from where her children we playing. The bees were on this tree for several hours Sunday before disappearing Sunday afternoon.

Shawna Adams said she was worried about her children playing within 10 feet of a maple sapling in her back yard when her husband Kevin discovered the swarm of bees there Sunday morning.

She said that a neighbor speculated a new Queen Bee looking for a nest had stopped to rest. The remainder of the colony swarmed around the Queen to protect her before she moved on.

Although her boxer pup was apparently stung in the eye, none of Shawna Adams children were stung.

She said the bees did not appear aggressive and she was able to get close to take this picture without disturbing them.

The family discovered the bees about 8:15 a.m. before they went to church. They were still there when they returned home at noon but left early afternoon.

The Adams live on Taylor Street on the North Side of Chandler.
Docile honey bees swarm family's yard

By MARTIN J. KIDSTON - IR Features Writer - 05/04/07

The sound drifting from the pine tree outside the North Valley home of Brendan and Tria McCormack was impossible to ignore.

A giant swarm of bees had taken to the tree to do what bees do. But when a beekeeper arrived to analyze the situation, the bees decided to move on, and they did so by sundown.

"We had a bee guy come out, and he put some food out for the hive in one of those boxes," said Mr. McCormack. "It was some kind of jar. He's an old-timer and he really enjoys that stuff. He went into a long spiel on what the bees do."

That "old timer" is bus driver and long-time beekeeper Ralph Poe, who knows the ins and outs of bees as well as anyone in Helena.

Even Poe was impressed with the size of the swarm. He estimated the mound of bees to weigh as much as seven pounds - far more than what's available commercially.

"Normally, you don't find them in pine trees," said Poe. "You find them in the limb of a bush or the limb of a tree."

If a hive becomes too crowded, Poe said, the queen will take flight in search of a new home. The other bees follow and when she lands, they swarm around her to keep her safe and warm.

In the meantime, Poe continued, the scouts go searching for a hive. When they locate a potential home, they return to the colony and signal their finding. It is, Poe said, an intricate system with hierarchies and responsibilities.

The swarm outside the McCormack home pulsated in the tree, doing bee-like work. While some colonies around the country are struggling with collapse, threatening the nation's food supply, this particular colony looked to be thriving.

"The queen bee was in the center of this," said Mrs. McCormack. "The beekeeper said she must have just landed in the tree to find a new home or rest. She decided this wasn't her home."

"I've had wasps around and they're a bit more aggressive," Mr. McCormack added. "But the bees just kind of left us alone."

The congregation of bees grew larger, and so did the crowd drawn to the swarm. The McCormack's tree became a scientific marvel. Curiosity seekers came to witness the spectacle for themselves.

"They were amazed at the size and number of bees that were there," said Mrs. McCormack. "It was amazing. There were just thousands and thousands of them. Those who saw it couldn't believe the size of it. They'd never seen that many bees gathered together in one place."

Poe didn't have his bee suit with him when the swarm landed in the tree. He wanted to keep the bees, and so he placed a hive below the tree with some food in it.

"Sometimes the swarm will move into the box," he said. "I went back out that evening and they had just vanished. They must have found a suitable spot they wanted to stay in."

What does a swarm of bees sound like - when thousands of bees take flight at once?

"My daughter thought it was a truck driving off in our driveway," said Mrs. McCormack.

"They just took off and that was it," added Mr. McCormack. "They just disappeared."

PMEmail PosterAOL

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 262
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 2 2007, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Hi Mark and DarmonVing! We are just starting to experience this in Australia as well...came across a couple of interesting articles....make of them what you will!.

Dear Straight Dope:

What in blazes is going on with the world's bees? I keep reading all these stories about how a significant percentage of the world's beehives are failing and that all the bees are dying. No one seems to know why, but there are explanations aplenty, ranging from global warming to mites to, of all things, cell phones! What's worse, some of these stories quote Albert Einstein's predictions that if the world's bees were ever to die off, owing to the lack of pollinators, humanity would follow about four years later. Is there anything we can do about this? If the bees all die, are there any substitute pollinators we can use? Or is Einstein right and we're all doomed? —Rich Swank, Orlando, FL

SDSTAFF Doug replies:

Not to brag, but thanks to Wikipedia I've become the #1 authority on disappearing bees. Type "colony collapse disorder" into Google and hit return – the top hit is the Wikipedia page I maintain on the subject. (In real life I'm an entomologist with the University of California at Riverside.) Here's a summary.

First and most important: There are some 20,000 species of bees in the world, and many thousands more types of pollinating insects. What you're hearing about, "colony collapse disorder," affects one species of bee – the European honey bee. That species happens to be the one global agriculture relies upon for about 30% of its pollination requirements. So while we're not talking about losing all the world's pollinators, we are talking about losing a significant fraction of them. That's the worst-case scenario, with the species wiped out completely.

Second, there's no reason at this point to think European honey bees are going to be wiped out, now or ever. The die-offs so far appear to affect some beekeepers more than others, sometimes in the same area. That's one reason scientists are so puzzled, but it strongly suggests the losses may have something to do with how individual beekeepers are managing their bees. The "significant percentage" of failing hives is still a drop in the bucket when viewed against the global population of honey bees, and there are lots of beekeepers (even in the U.S., which appears hardest hit) who have not had, and may never have, significant losses of colonies. Plenty of honey bees remain to replace the ones that have died. It's not yet time to scream that the sky is falling.

Third, it's almost impossible to get hard numbers on how many colonies have died recently, and how much of the current uproar is media hype based on guesses, estimates and anecdotal accounts from the handful of beekeepers who have had the most colony losses. If you talk to other beekeepers, most admit they have colonies die off every winter, but they don't always keep records on how many. A lot of the reports we're hearing are based on personal recollection rather than careful documentation. In other words, the scary figures you're hearing could be exaggerated.

Fourth, even the original report describing and naming the phenomenon explicitly says it's something that has been seen before (repeatedly), named before, and studied before – in all cases without coming to any conclusion about the cause. The researchers didn't like the older names for the syndrome (which usually included the word "disease," which has connotations about infectiousness that don't seem applicable here), so they renamed it colony collapse disorder. That point has largely eluded the press, with the result that most people think this is a new phenomenon, when in fact the researchers who described it note reports of similar die-offs dating back to the 1890s.

Fifth, if what we're seeing is indeed a recurrence of a century-old phenomenon, that's a pretty good argument against theories of causation involving things that haven't been around that long. Yes, it's an assumption that current and past die-offs have a common underlying cause. Some researchers don't accept that assumption – they're the ones proposing things like pesticides as possible causes, and they may yet prove to be correct, since some modern pesticides can indeed kill honey bee colonies in a manner consistent with the present symptoms. But the leading hypothesis in many researcher's minds is that colonies are dying primarily because of stress. Stress means something different to a honey bee colony than to a human, but the basic idea isn't all that alien: If a colony is infected with a fungus, or has mites, or has pesticides in its honey, or is overheated, or is undernourished, or is losing workers due to spraying, or any other such thing, then the colony is experiencing stress. Stress in turn can cause behavioral changes that exacerbate the problem and lead to worse ones like immune system failure. Colony stress has existed, in various forms and with various causes, as long as mankind has kept honey bees, so it could indeed have happened in the 1890s. Many modern developments like pesticides or mite infestations can also cause stress (in fact, many of the things theorized to be involved can cause stress, so it's possible multiple factors are contributing to the problem, not just one). Unfortunately, stress is difficult to quantify and control experimentally, so it may never be possible to prove scientifically that colony stress explains all this year's deaths.

Sixth, it's never a good idea to trust what the media are telling you. At least once in the present case the media got something completely wrong and created a huge mess: The story about cell phones was basically a misrepresentation of what one pair of reporters wrote about a study that they misinterpreted. In a nutshell, the original research didn't involve cell phones, and the researchers never said their research was related to honey bee colony die-offs. Even details like the alleged Einstein quote are dubious. No one has yet found proof that Einstein said anything about bees dying off – the earliest documented appearance of the "quote" is 1994 and, yes, Albert was dead at the time.

The bottom line? No one is certain what's going on, but a lot of the theories can't – by themselves – explain everything we're seeing. More important, the situation hasn't yet risen to the level of a catastrophe (except, sadly, for some of the affected beekeepers). If the same thing keeps happening every winter for another decade or so, then we might really start worrying. But for now, classifying this as a "problem with potentially severe economic impact should it persist" would be a more realistic assessment.
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mvanishingbees.htm

And here is the link he refers to in above article won't post the other article ..It's to long but also an interesting read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_Collapse_Disorder

Peace bb blinkNEW.gif

--------------------
I can only open the door, I can't drag people through it!

Don't FORGET! White Australia has a Black History!!!!

I saw the Angel in the marble
And carved until I set him free!!.....Michaelangelo
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 2 2007, 01:42 PM
Quote Post
Update on Einstein's bee quote from snopes.com
(for some reason, snopes reminds me of wikipedia)
Urban Legends has shown that Albert Einstein never said:
"that if something eliminated bees from our planet, mankind would perish within 4 years".

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Einstein on Bees
Did Albert Einstein predict that if something eliminated bees from our planet, mankind would perish within 4 years?
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/einstein/bees.asp

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 30 2007, 12:28 PM
Quote Post
This doctor contends that cell phone towers and EMF radiation could possibly be the cause of the bee decline globally.

To Bee Or Not To Bee
Colony collapse syndrome, the role of emf, potential food shortages and the manipulation of markets.
By Gerald Goldberg, MD
10-30-7
Colony Collapse Syndrome (CCS) poses a serious risk to bees as well as to global agriculture. Bees are critical not only in producing honey, but also serve as the main crop pollinators for one third to one half of the agricultural produce in this country. Bees are pivotal in their role as plant pollinators.

Many of the crops that depend on bees are many of the berries and fruits, as well as citrus crops. Additionally bees are critical to maintaining the viability of many of the nut crops that are produced, i.e. cashews, pecans, almonds etc.

Another role is that bees are necessary also in pollinating many of the crops that are necessary to establish many of the crops that are used to restore the soil, i.e. clover and other species. There has recently been noticed an epidemic of die-off of bees, or perhaps more correctly the total disappearance of bees from their hives.

What is noticed in many of the hives that are put out is that after a certain period of time, is that the hives become vacant or empty.

There are no bees to be found. Also what has been noticed is that other opportunistic insects will avoid the hives as well.

There are many theories put forth to explain this die off.

Pesticides have been noted to be one contributing factor, one possible explanation is that the pesticides which are neurotoxins cause the bees to become forgetful or toxic and fail to lay down memory tracts of their pollinating activities.

Thus the bees literally never return to the hives. However little evidence of pesticide activity has been found. Another fact is that the die-offs have been occurring at the same time on four different continents at the same time of year.

The agricultural markets in other countries do not use pesticides or use the earlier variants, which do not produce the same effects.

Another possible explanation has been parasites or viruses.

There have been parasites noted in earlier isolated breakouts, but not on a global scale. Also what has been repudiated is a common virus, however the same reasons apply.

Also many animals which become toxic from emf, the effect of which is accentuated by heavy metals and toxins often show a breakdown in immunity with the appearance of pathogenic organisms, be they parasites, fungi, bacteria or viruses. The organisms found are particular to the species affected but may indicate no more than immune stress.

What other common links can there be to explain a global epidemic that occurs at the same time of year and seems to affect bee populations equally, regardless of the pesticides or pests that they may be exposed to?

One common link could very well be the electromagnetic disruption that is occurring at this time and is being caused by the discriminate and indiscriminate use of microwave technologies.

The main technology would be the globalized electromagnetic network that has been produced for telecommunications.

It is commonly held that bees orient themselves to light and upon returning to the hive go through a complex dance to relay this information to other bees. However bees also use the electromagnetic fields of the earth as a force for orientation. The bees have a gland that is called the mushroom gland, located in the abdomen, which functions much like a compass. The difference is that is relays constant data back to the brain as to where the bee is, much like the function of a flight recorder. This ability to navigate tells the bee where they are in time and space.

This forms the basis for laying down memory tracts and organizing information, the very basis for learning. The bee's orientation to the earth's electromagnetic signature is a reliable, simple and dependable means of orientation and navigation that is not dependent on the variables of light or weather. However one problem remains. Evolution did not count on the signal being jammed by outside sources.

Research has shown that the mushroom gland is sensitive to the same frequencies that are emitted by cell phones, mast towers or satellites. In essence artificial microwave frequencies jam this mechanism and the bees become disoriented. They cannot figure out where they are, lay down memory tracts and become lost.

Illness and pesticides would cause a gradual die off and dying bees would be found in the hives. With CCS no bees are found in the hives. Microwave interference is the only plausible means of explaining why this phenomenon is being observed at this time. It also explains why it is occurring simultaneously and on a global basis.

Another feature that is commonly noted in animals is their avoidance of places that have an altered electromagnetic signature. This is commonly seen in nature, i.e. with for instance earthquakes. It has been noted that the hive itself acts as a resonator in tune with the earth's electromagnetic field.

Emf or any outside influence that alters the spin of the electromagnetic signature of the hive would automatically act as a repellant to these insects.

They would automatically avoid going back into the hive. Such a phenomena of reverse spin can be easily demonstrated by dowsing. The anecdotal information gathered could be of great value in resolving this issue.

Given the pivotal role that bees play in agriculture what could be some of the consequences of a massive die off. Well there would be a collapse not only of the bee industry but also many of the commercial crops that are dependent on. This would tend to cause a collapse of the large commercial farms in this country, with an over dependence on foreign sources and organic sources. This would tend to drive up the price of the foods affected, at the same time making them generally available to the overall population. Many of the foods affected are important sources of natural antioxidants, fiber and oils.

This might create an increased dependence on artificial sources to compensate for this lack of natural products in the diet. Another consequence would be the increased dependence on the standard grain crops that are used, which would force up their prices. Who would benefit from all this? Certainly not the consumer! The artificial control of market availability of products to create inflationary prices at the cost of human lives is certainly not unique. One does not have to stray that far to observe this style of handwriting on the wall.

Human history is replete with examples of a few individuals controlling the destinies of nations, producing dependency on their technologies, and profiting from their control of the marketplace at the expense of other human beings. Indeed this is signatory of our current economy. One might attribute these changes as early harbingers of earth changes, or perhaps the hand of Providence. However the one constant is human greed and mans inhumanity to man.

As with bees, so the same effect is being observed in humans, note the rise in autism, memory disturbances and related disorders. The global alteration of our environment without regard to the limitations of our biology will have profound effects for all life on this planet. This is a timely and urgent matter that involves everyone.

Gerald Goldberg, MD

Author: "Would You put your head in a microwave oven"
glgmd32@hotmail.com

--------------------

~ Buddha

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0436 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild