Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Humans living far beyond planet's means, We will need two planets by 2050

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 25 2006, 06:25 AM
Quote Post
As I recall, Americans comprise approx 5% of the Earths population and consume 25% of all the resources used by the entire planet.

Also, military expenditures in just the 1990's alone were so high that it could have paid to provide clean drinking water, food and housing to everyone in need across the planet.

I've been saying this for years,
"We live in an unsustainable all-consuming wasteful society".

Humans living far beyond planet's means: WWF
By Ben Blanchard
Oct 24, 2006
BEIJING (Reuters) - Humans are stripping nature at an unprecedented rate and will need two planets' worth of natural resources every year by 2050 on current trends, the WWF conservation group said on Tuesday.

Populations of many species, from fish to mammals, had fallen by about a third from 1970 to 2003 largely because of human threats such as pollution, clearing of forests and overfishing, the group also said in a two-yearly report.

"For more than 20 years we have exceeded the earth's ability to support a consumptive lifestyle that is unsustainable and we cannot afford to continue down this path," WWF Director-General James Leape said, launching the WWF's 2006 Living Planet Report.

"If everyone around the world lived as those in America, we would need five planets to support us," Leape, an American, said in Beijing.

People in the United Arab Emirates were placing most stress per capita on the planet ahead of those in the United States, Finland and Canada, the report said.

Australia was also living well beyond its means.

The average Australian used 6.6 "global" hectares to support their developed lifestyle, ranking behind the United States and Canada, but ahead of the United Kingdom, Russia, China and Japan.

"If the rest of the world led the kind of lifestyles we do here in Australia, we would require three-and-a-half planets to provide the resources we use and to absorb the waste," said Greg Bourne, WWF-Australia chief executive officer.

Everyone would have to change lifestyles -- cutting use of fossil fuels and improving management of everything from farming to fisheries.

"As countries work to improve the well-being of their people, they risk bypassing the goal of sustainability," said Leape, speaking in an energy-efficient building at Beijing's prestigous Tsinghua University.

"It is inevitable that this disconnect will eventually limit the abilities of poor countries to develop and rich countries to maintain their prosperity," he added.

The report said humans' "ecological footprint" -- the demand people place on the natural world -- was 25 percent greater than the planet's annual ability to provide everything from food to energy and recycle all human waste in 2003.

In the previous report, the 2001 overshoot was 21 percent.

"On current projections humanity, will be using two planets' worth of natural resources by 2050 -- if those resources have not run out by then," the latest report said.

"People are turning resources into waste faster than nature can turn waste back into resources."

RISING POPULATION

"Humanity's footprint has more than tripled between 1961 and 2003," it said. Consumption has outpaced a surge in the world's population, to 6.5 billion from 3 billion in 1960. U.N. projections show a surge to 9 billion people around 2050.

It said that the footprint from use of fossil fuels, whose heat-trapping emissions are widely blamed for pushing up world temperatures, was the fastest-growing cause of strain.

Leape said China, home to a fifth of the world's population and whose economy is booming, was making the right move in pledging to reduce its energy consumption by 20 percent over the next five years.

"Much will depend on the decisions made by China, India and other rapidly developing countries," he added.

The WWF report also said that an index tracking 1,300 vetebrate species -- birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles and mammals -- showed that populations had fallen for most by about 30 percent because of factors including a loss of habitats to farms.

Among species most under pressure included the swordfish and the South African Cape vulture. Those bucking the trend included rising populations of the Javan rhinoceros and the northern hairy-nosed wombat in Australia.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061024/ts_nm/...t_wwf_planet_dc

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Group: Members
Member No.: 264
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 26 2006, 05:09 AM
Quote Post
Norway has moved up on the list as well.... sadoriginal.gif

Norway among world's worst
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1506695.ece

Norway, which generally prides itself on maintaining high environmental standards, seems to actually be using way more than it should of the world's natural resources
-snip
If the rest of the world consumed as much as Norway does, according to the report, the human population would need three planets, not just the one that it has.

This post has been edited by Blue Eyed on Oct 26 2006, 05:11 AM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 26 2006, 06:07 AM
Quote Post
I knew I could count on Norway to lead the way along with AmuriKa.

The masses may be in for a shock one day. When the grocery store shelves are empty... what will they eat?

Each other?

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 146
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 3 2006, 04:28 PM
Quote Post
Eat each other?

My pops swears this is already happening but folks don't know. He says,"what happened to all the homeless people you use to see? You don't see them any more. Why? Because they were rounded up, ground up and mixed in to make hamburger! Big Mac..is Mac alright!"

He really grossed me out but he got me to thinking...mad cow...ground beef...how do you know what is ground up in there? Yuck!

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 3 2006, 07:08 PM
Quote Post
IMO, Charleton Heston starred in 3 movies that tried to give us a glimpse behind the veil.

1. Planet of the Apes

(I believe that our Earth was once actually heavily populated by hairy homanids/apes, until some new arrivals appeared on the scene and an interbreeding/cross genetic program began which created a slave race as well as a food source. This has probably happened several times and by different races/species.)

2. The Omega Man

and

3. Soylent Green

"Soylent Green is People"
~ Charleton Heston from the movie Soylent Green

Yup Quemoni, your pops was probably right.

It is an established fact that rendered pets and animals are in our canned dog and cat foods. A rendered animal is simply a dead carcass such as roadkill.

So it would be plausible to think that some humans end up as processed food somewhere.

But can you imagine what future generations will think of our era of gluttony and over consumption to the point of starvation and extinction?

user posted image

I'll be right back...I gotta take a shower....

No Peeking!

user posted image

--------------------

~ Buddha

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 146
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 4 2006, 02:37 PM
Quote Post
You know what..my dog was having digestion problems and refused to eat his food. Finally,I checked the label of his dog food he has been eating for years and it said regurgitated something and some wording that translated into roadkill (recycled animal by product).

He wouldn't eat the food and so I had a hell of a time trying to find dog food for him that did not have that junk on the label....within my budget.

The dog food company changed the formula. Purina, and the other namebrands..ALL have the regurgitated and recycled animal by product.

My great grandmom use to make homemade dog food..but I really don't have the time...but lately I have reverted back to mixing him up something special because...he is 13 years old..and he really can't tolerate the mess they are putting into dog food.

My doggy like vegetables and rice more than anything! LOL. I just have to figure out how to make some dry kibbles for him. Soft foods make his breath kick..and puts major tarter on his teeth. I don't like brushing his teeth everyday!

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 4 2006, 02:52 PM
Quote Post
A friend of mine feeds his dog, twice a day, a small scoop of frozen brocolli that has been put into warm water for a minute or two and a small bowl of dry dog food (not sure the brand). I was shocked....a dog that ate brocolli!

I've had cats and dogs in my homes since 1968 and I as well as my various companions noticed how their food had changed over the years and some just plain refused to eat the foul bile. I have feed my companions people food for years....they love it.

The worst part is that catfood is so dang expensive these days and many times, the cats refuse to touch it because it is bad from the moment the can was opened.

I even called up Purina/Friskies and complained that they were selling rotten catfood. The condensending customer service rep tried to tell me that I should feed half to the cat and put the other half of the can in the fridge and not let it sit out.

She just couldn't get it through her thick head that the catfood was rotten from the moment the can was opened.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Grouchy old bastard
Member No.: 556
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 4 2006, 03:40 PM
Quote Post
One of the reasons that humans and dogs co-exist so well is because our digestive systems are similar and we can share the same food. What is good for us is also good for our dogs. Most people feed their dogs too much meat. Rice and poultry is very good for dogs (and us) as is fish and vegetables. Fruit is excellent for humans but dogs don't like it.

If your dog has tartar try giving it a raw chicken neck, raw chicken wing or two raw chicken wing tips in the morning. They can be got cheap at some supermarkets. They crunch up the bones and this cleans their teeth and exercises their jaws.

Never give dogs cooked bones or uncooked offal (liver, kidneys, heart etc.)

Cats, on the other hand, are almost exclusively carnivorous. Don't try to make your cat a vegetarian - it will die with suffering.

--------------------
So many ferals - so few bullets.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0474 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild