Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> RECORD COLD

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 8 2005, 02:23 PM
Quote Post
We have been given warnings in movies such as "The Day After Tomorrow".

Is it fact or fiction? -- you decide.

Record Low Temperatures in Parts of U.S.
By CATHERINE TSAI
Associated Press
December 7, 2005

DENVER - Bitterly cold air poured southward across the nation's midsection Wednesday, dropping temperatures to record lows from Montana to Illinois.
The mercury dived to a record 45 below at West Yellowstone, Mont., the frequently cold spot at the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park, the National Weather Service said. The old record for Dec. 7 was 39 below, set in 1927.

The cold even extended south to the Texas Panhandle, where Lubbock shivered at a record low 6 above zero, the weather service said.

The body of a homeless man was found huddled next to a fence in Denver, where the temperature hit 11 below Wednesday, and authorities were trying to determine if he froze to death. He apparently had shed his jacket in a phenomenon called "paradoxical undressing," where victims of hypothermia become disoriented and hallucinate, deputy coroner Amy Martin said.

The Denver Rescue Mission opened all available space for the homeless.

The coldest spot in Colorado early Wednesday was Hohnholz Ranch, 50 miles northwest of Fort Collins, which bottomed out at 37 below zero, the weather service said.

In Gunnison, Alec Solimeo tended bar at the Timbers Sports Bar & Grill wearing a couple layers of clothing Tuesday as a faulty heater let the inside temperature drop to 42 degrees. The outside temperature fell to 12 below early Wednesday, the weather service said.

"I'm keeping these travelers happy," Solimeo said, adding that his regular customers apparently stayed home. "They're playing pool, drinking some Irish coffee and doing some singing."

Temperatures read like baseball scores in northeastern New Mexico — zero at Las Vegas and 1 at Raton. "I'm sitting here in my office and it's freezing and we've got the heat on full blast," said Bill Cox, owner of the Hillcrest Restaurant in Las Vegas.

The cold follows a blizzard that blasted much of the Plains on Nov. 27-28, shutting down hundreds of miles of major highways across a half-dozen states and piling up snowdrifts 8 feet high in South Dakota.

Just two of the 157 South Dakota towns that had power problems after that storm snapped power lines were still without electricity Wednesday, but more than 3,600 rural customers were still blacked out, said Tom Dravland, state public safety secretary. Lows across the eastern part of the state dipped to as much as 20 below.

A winter storm warning was issued Wednesday in and around the Dallas-Fort Worth area, where the temperature fell from the low 40s before sunrise to the upper 20s by the end of the morning rush hour. Freezing rain and sleet fell Wednesday and up to 2 inches of snow was predicted by Thursday morning.

Elsewhere Wednesday, the weather service said record lows for the date included 28 below zero at Drummond, Mont., where the date's previous record was 21 below in 1971; 26 below at Seeley Lake, Mont.; 25 below at Laramie, Wyo., tying a 1978 reading; 17 below at Alliance, Neb.; 19 below at Cedar Rapids, Iowa; and 3 below at Lincoln, Ill.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051207/ap_on_re_us/cold_weather

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Minister Of Information
Group: Members
Member No.: 146
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 9 2005, 04:29 AM
Quote Post
I know it is possible. Do you remember a couple of years ago Canadadian city was hit with an icestorm so bad. The entire city was under 1-3 inches of ice. Everything was shutdown, power loss, heat loss, water loss, phones out, people were frozen shut inside of their homes, roofs collasped,cars were frozen into place.

I think it was an ice town disaster for a week! Nothing moved. Those without fireplaces and wood were freezing to death! Families had to huddle together along with the family pets to keep warm.

The movie reminds me of that...and I never expected anything like that to happen...but now I'd rather get snow than ice.

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 146
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 9 2005, 04:47 AM
Quote Post
I take that back 3-4 inches of ice.
user posted image
January 5-10, 1998

Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Canada
28 people died, many from hypothermia,

945 people were injured.

Over 4 million people in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick lost power.

About 600,000 people had to leave their homes.

130 power transmission towers were destroyed and more than 30,000 utility poles fell.

Millions of trees fell, and more continued to break and fall for the rest of the winter.

Estimated cost of the ice storm was $5,410,184,000.

By June 1998, about 600,000 insurance claims totalling more than $1 billion were filed.

The storm coated everything in glassy ice, making all forms of transportation treacherous.

As the storm continued, layers of ice built up, weighing down power lines and poles, and causing massive power outages.

At the height of the ice storm, 57 communities in Ontario and 200 in Quebec declared a disaster. More than 3 million people were without power in Quebec and 1.5 million in Eastern Ontario. About 100,000 people went into shelters.

By Thursday, January 8, the military was brought in to help clear debris, provide medical assistance, evacuate residents, and canvass door-to-door to make sure people were safe. They also worked to restore power.

Power was restored in most urban areas in a matter of days, but many rural communities suffered for much longer. Three weeks after the beginning of the storm, there were still 700,000 people without power.

Farmers were especially hard hit. Nearly a quarter of Canada's dairy cows, a third of the crop land in Quebec and a quarter in Ontario were in the affected areas.

Milk processing plants were shut, and about 10 million litres of milk had to be dumped.

Much of the sugar bush used by Quebec maple syrup producers was permanently destroyed. It was estimated that it would take 30 to 40 years before syrup production could return to normal.

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 9 2005, 05:09 PM
Quote Post
Hi Quemoni, thanks for that contribution. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Here's a nice one from:

Boston Massachusetts
Jan, 2005

user posted image

Image source:
http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/signs.htm

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 244
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 9 2005, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

A potent winter storm dumped from 12-18 inches of snow across parts of New England. It was surreal in the Boston area on Friday afternoon as lightning danced across the sky and claps of thunder wee heard as snow came down at a rate of 2 inches an hour. Nearly 13 inches fell at Worcester, Mass, while 17 inches accumulated at Kennebunk, Maine. Wind gusts reaches hurricane-force.

The winter storm has departed the Midwest but it certainly left its mark. Heaviest snow was found on the south and west side of Chicago where 8 to 10" of snow fell including at Midway International. Indianapolis collected 7.7" of snow; a snowfall record for the date and the 4th snowiest December day on record.

The severe weather summary for November:

The final numbers are in for the tornado outbreak on Nov 27th Ė 47 tornadoes in AR, KS, and MO, including killers in AR and MO.

The tornado outbreak on Nov 15th had 50 confirmed tornadoes.

The preliminary count for the month wound up at 135, 3rd most on record for a November.

November 2004 holds the record with 150 tornadoes.

Ten days in November 2005 had tornadoes. That has now happened 5 times in the last 56 years, so itís a once-in-11-years type event.

Four days had deadly tornadoes in November 2005. That has happened now three times in the last 56 years (about once in 20 years).

There were five deadly tornadoes, killing 27 total, with the Evansville tornado about 2 a.m. on November 6 killing 23. Other killers were on November 12 (1), 15 (1), and 27 (2). The Evansville tornado is the deadliest of the year and the deadliest individual tornado since the Moore, OK, tornado of May 3, 1999.

The strongest November 2005 tornado was an F4 at Madisonville, KY, which is preliminarily the strongest tornado of the year.

December Tornadoes:

December has averaged just 24 tornadoes over the past 10 years (way below the monthly average of 65 for November).

During the last 10, 20, and 30 years, December has averaged the fewest tornadoes, slightly below January and February.

In some years, though, December can be active. In the past 3 years, December has averaged 42 tornadoes, with January just 2 and February just 10.

December 2002 set the monthly record with 99 tornadoes.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/stormwatch/

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 418
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 10 2005, 05:09 PM
Quote Post
Hi,

These record colds show one thing: the atlantic heat conveyer belt IS influenced, not a bit but a lot. Reports this week showed that a record of fresh water runs into the ocean from greenland. the freshwater content in the atlantic is at an all time high and the waters in the tropics are salt as never before. All indications that that belt is coming to a big stop.

I think that scientists of today are too afraid to say something serious about it because they get waked by powerful political parties who must keep the panic away.

Be your own weatherman and connect the dots. tptb are NOT going to do that for you as panic is not desired and financial market has to go on until you drown or freeze to death.

I dunno if "day after tomorrow" senario is possible but the stop of the atlantic "pump" which brings cold weather (ice-age?) to North USA and Europe is seriously under way and it would not suprise me if this very winter will mark the stop.

get prepared: look at what you need when there is nothing available in the supermarket...make sure to know who you friend are and keep them close. It is certainly not the tptb!! They are too busy to save all their wealth.

rn.

--------------------
"Being controlled is for the Ignorant"
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 10 2005, 07:56 PM
Quote Post
I dunno if "day after tomorrow" senario is possible but the stop of the atlantic "pump" which brings cold weather (ice-age?) to North USA and Europe is seriously under way and it would not suprise me if this very winter will mark the stop.

Hi redniut, I think you are right. Good post!

Remember my visions of 2002 when I was freaking out because of contact with the unknown?

I saw empty grocery shelves. It was sad. I know it is coming, I just don't know when.

For those who survive, it's imperitive to be able to provide your own energy and heat source if the grids go down.

I still have a bunch of small tree logs that I saved when they cut some trees down here at my apt complex. I have some notion that I may need to burn them one day to stay alive.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 244
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 10 2005, 08:10 PM
Quote Post
That was a good post from Pupp and reduit.

The earth's atmosphere is constantly repairing itself. (Sorry the Earth Science major is coming out) The ozone layer does not have enough oxygen to repair itself, thus the hole in the artic is getting bigger, the ice is melting. From the glaciers, the oxygen is released in small amounts, going into the atmosphere. That is being interfered by man putting flourocarbons, causing the atmosphere to cease repairing itself. Yes, the day after tomorrow can be a reality. If nothing is being done about it.

The Atlantic pump that reduit was talking about is correct, thus signalling the return of El Nino. The hurricanes are circulating the air, however the currents are not moving. The currents are the Atlantic pump and if the waters are not circulated, the waters will warm, triggering more hurricanes. In the Atlantic, there is the possibility that more hurricanes can form, even though the season is over.

PMEmail Poster

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 264
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 11 2005, 12:38 PM
Quote Post
QUOTE (PuPP @ Dec 11 2005, 04:56 AM)

Hi redniut, I think you are right. Good post!

Remember my visions of 2002 when I was freaking out because of contact with the unknown?

I saw empty grocery shelves. It was sad. I know it is coming, I just don't know when.

For those who survive, it's imperitive to be able to provide your own energy and heat source if the grids go down.

I still have a bunch of small tree logs that I saved when they cut some trees down here at my apt complex. I have some notion that I may need to burn them one day to stay alive.

Everyone is talking about global WARMING. It's everywhere in the news.
But for the past couple of years Iíve had this feeling of the great cold to come. No visions just this gut feeling. So much that Iíve started to think of how to prepare for it. A severely weakened Gulf Stream could mean temps down as much as 10C in N. Europe - as it was during the Younger Dryas.
In the height of the last ice age about 20 000 years ago the Gulf Stream was reduced to 2/3 of normal.

This is all about cyclical events.

sadoriginal.gif

edit to add:
this was the main reason to why I did start to follow the climate changes.

This post has been edited by Blue Eyed on Dec 11 2005, 12:40 PM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 4 2006, 03:37 AM
Quote Post
Big freeze to sweep over China
2 Jan 2006
AFP
China, already enduring its coldest winter in 20 years, is preparing for a cold snap that will see temperatures drop by as much as 16 degrees Centigrade (29 degrees Fahrenheit).

Northern China, where temperatures are already as low as minus 15-20 degrees Celsius, will feel the strongest effects of the cold front, which is sweeping in from Mongolia and western Siberia, the China Daily reported.

In the capital of Beijing, which enjoyed a relatively warm start to the New Year with temperatures just above freezing, the thermometer is expected to plunge 10 degrees on Monday night, according to the paper.

The Beijing News advised the city's residents to return home from New Year holidays early on Monday to avoid expected overnight snowfalls.

Even in the warmer southern regions, the temperatures are expected to drop sharply.

"Upon the heels of the cold front ... more snowfall can be expected in the north with rain or snow flurries possible in the south," the paper quoted Yang Guiming, a senior official with the Central Meteorological Office, as saying.

Wang Bangzhong, a deputy director with the China Meteorological Administration, said temperatures across China had already been 1.5 degrees lower than the historical average throughout December.

"China is experiencing the coldest winter in 20 years," Wang told the paper.

He said three more successive "winter freezes" were expected to affect China during January, usually the coldest month of the year.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/02/0...2.yp07id4u.html

Death toll in Indian cold snap tops 100
1 January 06
AFP
NEW DELHI, India : A cold snap sweeping northern India has killed another five homeless people, taking the toll to 101 since the start of December.

Most of the fatalities were reported in northern Uttar Pradesh state, India's most populous and one of its poorest states. One-fifth of its population are homeless.

"Five persons including an old beggar woman froze to death overnight. The toll stands at 82," Manoj Srivastava, a government spokesman said Sunday in the state capital Lucknow.

The cold weather has also claimed 16 lives in the northern state of Punjab and three more in neighbouring Haryana since the beginning of December.

Winter usually takes a heavy toll around impoverished South Asia. Last year, some 400 people died from cold in Uttar Pradesh alone.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp.../186197/1/.html

--------------------

~ Buddha

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 5 2006, 12:55 PM
Quote Post
Most won't see it... but, I see the aquatic races at war with the reptilian races.

Blizzards force evacuation of 97,000 people in Muslim part of China
AFP
Thursday January 5, 11:57 PM
Violent blizzards have forced the evacuation of 97,000 people in a largely Muslim region of western China, as the nation braced for its worst winter in 20 years.

Sixty centimeters (two feet) of snow covered large parts of Xinjiang, a vast desert territory near China's border with Central Asia, said Wang Zhenyao, a disaster relief official with the civil affairs ministry.

"The most urgent issue right now is to ensure traffic and transportation," Wang told a briefing in Beijing.

"Two other difficulties include ensuring that the evacuees are warm and have enough to eat."

An official with the Xinjiang civil affairs bureau, surnamed Zhang, told AFP by telephone the nearly 100,000 evacuees had been moved mostly because their homes had collapsed under the heavy blanket of snow.

He warned that the crisis was far from over, saying: "It's still snowing."

Winds blowing in from Siberia had caused the temperature to drop precipitously to minus 36 degrees Celsius (minus 33 degrees Fahrenheit) in some spots, the state-run Xinjiang News website said.

The blizzards had affected mainly the Altay area in the north of Xinjiang, home to 25,000 of the evacuees, according to reports in the state media.

While no people were reported dead or injured in Xinjiang as of late Thursday, the region's livestock had started dying amid fears of much worse to come.

"Nine thousand head of livestock have died so far," a civil affairs ministry official in Beijing surnamed Fang told AFP on Thursday.

That number could soon multiply, as the Xinjiang News website said altogether 300,000 head of cattle and sheep were unable to graze because of the thick snow cover.

Winter is usually a harsh season for Xinjiang's 19.6 million people. Last year in March floods caused by melting snow destroyed 10,000 houses in the region.

In early 2001, devastating blizzards killed 130,000 livestock, and hundreds of people suffered from frostbite with some having to have limbs amputated.

To prevent new tragedies, the ministry of civil affairs was Thursday struggling to send enough tents and blankets to the affected area, Fang said.

The snowstorms in Xinjiang were just the most dramatic result of a cold front descending over China this week.

Most provinces in the north of the country were impacted, and heavy fog caused a series of cancellations and delays at major airports, including in Beijing.

Three more "winter freezes" were expected to affect China during January, usually the coldest month of the year, state-employed meteorologists warned this week.

The Central Meteorological Office has predicted that China will experience its coldest winter since 1986.

This was based partly on the fact that temperatures in December were 1.5 degrees Celsius below the historical average.

"China is experiencing the coldest winter in 20 years," Wang Bangzhong, a deputy director with the China Meteorological Administration, said in comments carried by the state press this week.

The cold snap over north China happened as the government said 2,475 people were killed in blizzards and other natural disasters around the nation last year, the highest casualty figure since 2001.

The death toll, representing an increase of 10 percent over 2004, was made public by Deputy Civil Affairs Minister Li Liguo at a briefing in Beijing Thursday.

"China saw relatively severe natural disasters in 2005," Li said. "We had floods, typhoons, droughts, hail storms, earthquakes, blizzards and mudslides."

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060105/1/3xo5p.html

--------------------

~ Buddha

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0355 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild