Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Zen and saving humanity, What i think we can do to save earth

Lurker
Group: Members
Member No.: 1844
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 11 2007, 07:07 AM
Quote Post
Just a quick background. I have been studying zen for about 8 yrs now. Needless to say, i have stumbled upon possibilities beyond what we think our current potential is. To make a long story short, we are riding a wave of awakening.
Some spiritual tips:
Some of this mind blowing info we are getting can be hard to handle at first. I see it in some of the forums. Some of the same emotions i felt, i see here.
Zen speaks of non-attachment, ok, say we are right, if we dont let go of the info we can drive ourselves crazy. I think our minds have been trained so when we do see the truth our mind blows. Thats the last "sheepdog" if u will. If anyone is interested, let me know. I am studying to become a zen monk, and i can help you with a lot of meditation , etc.
Now we have new info friends, its just info, its not our hearts, our hearts are pure love that cannot be stopped from awakening.

Peace friends

PMEmail Poster

Intentions
Member No.: 1539
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 11 2007, 09:30 AM
Quote Post
DigitalShaman,

Many modern personalities are overlooked when searching for meditative contemplation and inspiration.

Consider these, some are considered to be Modern Western Koans:

Yogi Berra

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.

I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary. 

I never said most of the things I said. 

I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question.

I'm a lucky guy and I'm happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.

If people don't want to come out to the ball park, nobody's gonna stop 'em.

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be.

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.

The most pertinent:

How can you think and hit at the same time?

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?

Mark Twain

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.

A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.

A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He must have time to modify his shape. 

Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

All generalizations are false, including this one.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.

As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain from smoking when awake.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Be careless in your dress if you will, but keep a tidy soul.

Better a broken promise than none at all.

Biographies are but the clothes and buttons of the man. The biography of the man himself cannot be written.

By trying we can easily endure adversity. Another man's, I mean.

I like this one:

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?

A. A. Milne

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? 

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.

My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

Never forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave.

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.

Organizating is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

To the uneducated, an A is just three sticks.

Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.

You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.

You will be better advised to watch what we do instead of what we say.

My personal favorite:

Tiggers don't like honey.

Some of the above can be quite profound when thought about for a little while...

starofdavidspin.gif

This post has been edited by EvilMonk on Dec 11 2007, 09:33 AM

PMEmail Poster

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Dec 11 2007, 05:47 PM
Quote Post
Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy used as the handbook for the instigation of Workchoices:

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."

Lurker
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 14 2007, 04:59 AM
Quote Post
with all due respect, those are good sayings, but not koans. the babylon system has decided to commercialize zen in the side of the world in an attempt to trivialize it. Please dont take this the wrong way, i appreciate your help. Koans are designed with the intent to "jolt" us out of our mind and body to a state of pureness if u will. One original one is : 'Inch time foot gem'....what the fuck does that mean?!
thats the point. A more appropriate one on the same lines might be: ' If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there, does it make a sound'.
Again, i am filled with gratitude for your help.
Lets not let babylon make us think the way it wants us to. Question authority

"Sometimes your happiness is the source of your smile; Sometimes it is the smile that is the source of your happiness. "

PMEmail Poster

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 14 2007, 05:16 AM
Quote Post
"If a tree falls in the forest and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?" ~ Gary Larson
lol.gif

Touche, DigitalShaman.

However, have you read "The Zen of Pooh"? It's an examination of the different characters in A. A. Milne's classic children's series.

I would be interested in your thoughts.

starofdavidspin.gif

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 14 2007, 07:02 AM
Quote Post
"You're not sad because it's raining.... it is raining because you are sad"
~ The Sixth Sense

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Dec 15 2007, 12:06 AM
Quote Post
PuPP, that was Men In Black. She was the alien chick who was destined to rule another planet. blushNEW.gif

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 15 2007, 02:29 AM
Quote Post
"You're not sad because it's raining.... it is raining because you are sad"
~ The Sixth Sense

nope... that line was said by the lil kid in the movie Sixth Sense with Bruce Willis .

My brain may be clogged with malted hopps and bong resin, but I remember the movies I like and I usually watch them several times.
face.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Lurker
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 15 2007, 04:13 AM
Quote Post
That pooh book is brilliant. It explains the tao to a T. oh yea, no "Touche"s, we are not fighting, we are helping each other, lol. Any way.
My thoughts if u care:
I dont know how much 2012 stuff u guys have seen, but have u heard of the connection between the tree of life and pittsburgh pa? Very interesting to me bc i live an hour from there, and there is an abundance of people waking up around here. Like we are riding a wave or something. There was a group of mayan grandmothers and priests talkin in the city on thurs.
One more thing. anyone who reads this, take 5 min out of what u think is your busy schedule. Sit comfortably, breath deep into your navel, relax. And the most important part. Thoughts are just thoughts, they can be intense, disturbing, joyful, sad, ecstatic, etc. If you judge them as good or bad, right or wrong, your attached. Let them go, they are not u, they are your mind striving for control. Control is part of the illusion, it doesnt exist by itself. Just see the thoughts, let them go, and allow your mind body and spirit to align and meet in the middle, effortlessly. If you say u dont have 5 min....bullshit!......thats fear.
hope this helps, thanks evil monk
peace friends

PMEmail Poster

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 17 2007, 06:18 AM
Quote Post
smileyshakeheadyes.gif Thank you for the kind (and wise) words DS. Everyone should take the time to center themselves.

starofdavidspin.gif

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0528 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild