Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ANOTHER METEOR!, Meteor Archives
Mr. Jackal

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: May 18 2004, 08:33 PM
Quote Post
Meteor in Brazil

This a translation from the contents of the website mentioned in the last post (I used a translation software and corrected some anomalies):

A fire ball crosses the sky of Santa Catarina, this morning, and scares many people

18/05/2004

It was 8 am. The taxi driver Sergio Machado, who had stopped the car to look at it, says he saw a very strong light tearing through the sky: "It was very fast, it gave me the creeps".

The canoeing instructor Matoso was giving a lesson and was also scared. "To look at the sky and to see a fire ball is a bit strange, huh?", he said.

The phenomenon was seen by tens of people in Florianópolis and the city of Alfredo Wagner, in the Mountain range of Santa Catarina. Firemen and policemen had arrived to make searches in the region. "we do not find nothing, no indication. Nor smoke… nothing ", says the commission agent Rodrigo Green.

The astronomers of the Federal University of Santa Catarina say that the fire ball is a meteoróide, or either, a piece of a comet or an asteroid, that set on fire when it entered the atmosphere of Earth. The surprise was that it could be seen during the day.

"Probably the size of it was bigger than usual and, if it was seen at night, would cause a considerable panic", the coordinator of the planetarium of the UFSC, Edna Da Silva.

The luminosity would be the equivalent or bigger than that of the full Moon. The meteoróide could be seen during three seconds and then it disappeared. The astronomers believe that it disintegrated itself or fell in the sea.

According to astronomers, a meteor rain could be seen over all of Brazil, from 3h of this Wednesday. Exactly being of low intensity, it will be possible to observe it by rough estimate with the naked eye, where the sky will be without clouds.
:o

Here's the link to the Brazilian website:

http://jornalnacional.globo.com/semana.jsp?id=34003&mais=1

This is a major news media in Brasil!

Steve B

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: May 18 2004, 10:50 PM
Quote Post
Don't know if anyone caught the first hour of Coast tonight but there were 3-5 people who called in to report a HUGE fireball passing over the deep south - Mississippi, Arkansaw, etc.

They all said it was BIG and turned from white to green as it went through the atmosphere - no reports of impacts so either it just grazed us and went back into space or we'll hear reports tomorrow of an impact somewhere.

Hmmmmm.

Intentions
Group: Members
Member No.: 144
Mood: 

Posted: May 18 2004, 11:46 PM
Quote Post
Yes I was in the car listening to this! Many fast blast too!

Suddenly ...clear skies above Eastern Colorado turned to chem haze crap (all within 5 minutes).. I had to laugh!!

Very interesting timing! wink.gif

--------------------
GFF

It's like a conversation, where no-one stops to breathe
Is it my imagination, or did God already leave the table?
Such destruction, and pure white castles in the sand
No time for introduction
With all that money changing hands
And the satellite says, 'Take a look at all we have'
But the old man says,
'You want my family, for your liberty...I can't do that.'

Look into the eyes of any patient man
Whether they be amber, green or blue,
There's a piece of God staring back at you
But they see our children, and the old folk fend for themselves
They see our broken women
On imaginary shelves
But the satellite says, 'Won't you people look at all we have?
Don't you want it?
Can't you see the things that you lack?'
Children in his arms, he turns his back.
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 150
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 3 2004, 03:13 AM
Quote Post
Meteor reported following flashes, booms over Western Washington
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SEATTLE -- Bright flashes and sharp booms were reported in the skies over the Puget Sound area early Wednesday, and an astronomy professor said a meteor apparently landed about 90 miles south of the city.

Bradley Hammermaster, who teaches at the University of Washington, told KIRO Radio shortly after 3 a.m. PST a team was being assembled to head for the area where the meteor was believed to have hit near Chehalis.

Hammermaster said the meteor apparently was about the size of a small car and described it as a piece of the larger Trilene meteor.

There were no immediate reports of damage. Chehalis is the county seat of Lewis County, south of the state capital of Olympia.

Witnesses along a 60-mile swath of the sound from near Tacoma to Whidbey Island and as far as 100 miles to the east near Ellensburg said the sky lit up brightly shortly before 3 a.m. PDT, and many also reported booming sounds as if from one or more explosions.

Officials at the National Weather Service ruled out any weather-related causes, and duty officers at the Federal Aviation Administration and the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station told The Associated Press they knew of no civilian or military airplane problems.

Civilian pilots reported seeing the flash from Ellensburg, east of the Cascade Range, said an FAA duty officer who did not give her name.

At Whidbey Island, Petty Officer Andrew Davis said he and other saw the skyburst.

"It made a pretty big bang," Davis said. "We thought it could maybe be a meteorite (a meteor that has struck Earth) or something."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aploca...lug=WA%20Meteor

PMEmail Poster

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 168
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 3 2004, 01:42 PM
Quote Post
Here's a link to the latest Seattle news story, has pix and video also

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW...fcf7.html#video

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 3 2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post
Meteor flashes across Northwest sky

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- A meteor about the size of a computer monitor flashed across the Northwest sky early Thursday, setting off booms that stunned witnesses.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/06/03/mete...n.ap/index.html

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 91
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 08:55 PM
Quote Post
Giant blast believed to be meteor
11 June 2004 
By BERNARD CARPINTER

A meteor entering Earth's atmosphere is the most likely explanation for a huge bang and flash of light that woke people all over Wairoa.

People reported what sounded like an explosion at 3.40am yesterday from Kotemaori, south of Wairoa, to Mahia Peninsula in the north and Lake Waikaremoana inland.

Sergeant Chris Flood said he slept through the bang but many people had been woken by it.

"The reports have come in from places probably 75 kilometres apart.

"It must have been one hell of an explosion."

Those who had been awake said they had seen light filling the sky, much brighter than lightning.

"It lit up everything, they said," Mr Flood said.

There had been no reports of damage.

A meteor seemed the most probable cause.

A Mahia resident said she had been woken by a big thud, followed by two or three smaller ones.

"I thought someone had hit our shed so I went and had a look but there was nothing there," she said.

The senior astronomer at the Carter Observatory in Wellington, Brian Carter, said he had received no reports of a meteor in the region.

June had been predicted to be a quiet month for meteor showers in New Zealand, but it was still possible for a single meteor to come in.

"It must have been something quite impressive," Mr Carter said.

The meteor could have exploded in the atmosphere, in which case none of it – or only very small parts of it – would have hit the ground.

Observatory astronomer Kay Leather said a meteor, which may be no larger than fist size, would cause a loud explosion and a light as bright as daylight.

The duty seismologist at the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences, Peter McGinty, said the institute had a station at Nuhaka, north of Wairoa, but it had recorded no tremors at that time.

That indicated that the meteor – assuming it was a meteor – must have burnt up in the atmosphere.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2937159a7693,00.html

PMEmail Poster

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 17 2004, 01:29 AM
Quote Post
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.js...storyid=1491335

7.11am

Meteorite sighted in NSW

June 17, 2004

A METEORITE reportedly the size of a house fell on the NSW south coast overnight, exploding in a bright flash, police said today.

A driver on the Hume Highway shortly after 9pm (AEST) near Menangle reported an object the size of a house falling from the sky.
The object fell east of the Hume Highway, possibly in an escarpment near the top of a hill at Bulli, police were told.

The meteorite was described as glowing silver in colour and similar to an artillery shell when it exploded with a bright flash on impact.

Workers at the Sydney Airport Tower said they saw a meteorite about 9pm, police said.

No other reports were received by police and extensive police patrols of the area did not turn up the space debris.

AAP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200406/s1133761.htm

--------------------
GFF

No time for introduction
But the old man says,

On imaginary shelves
Don't you want it?
PMEmail Poster

Forever in Blue Jeans
Member No.: 13
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 17 2004, 04:29 AM
Quote Post
seems they are getting bigger wink.gif

--------------------
Maintaining my level in the atmosfear.
PM

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 17 2004, 05:02 AM
Quote Post
Thats exactly what I said to a friend earlier.

We have now gone from car size to bus size to truck size to HOUSE size .....who would like to chim in with what comes next!!.

Also, Im sure all have noticed.

Not only are they getting bigger, but all of a sudden, more frequent! (and most are being reported from NZ and Australia. Need I have to say it :-)

ok, a little hint ..hehe

(someone, hmmm, yeah - ) someone might have been on to something, cause its all starting to look rather similar to a certain fairytail that made the rounds.

--------------------
GFF

No time for introduction
But the old man says,

On imaginary shelves
Don't you want it?
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 19 2004, 09:55 PM
Quote Post
'It was loud enough to shake the house'
NASA suspects meteor in Webster County's big boom.
By Wes Johnson
News-Leader
Paul Kesterson was getting ready for work Friday morning when two thunderous explosions a split second apart rocked the sky above his home.

"It was loud enough to shake the house and rattle the windows," said Kesterson, owner of Marshfield TV and Electronics. "The dog's probably still hiding."

The rural Webster County man rushed outside, not sure what he'd find.

"There was a smoke trail in the sky, but it wasn't straight," he said. "It kind of came down at an angle, like a jet contrail that the wind had distorted."

The Webster County Sheriff's Department fielded nearly 20 phone calls from area residents around 9:20 a.m., concerned something had blown up.

Dispatchers checked with area quarries, which reported no blasting activity.

And no supersonic aircraft were in the skies above Webster County, according to Springfield airport and Fort Leonard Wood officials.

NASA scientist Mike Mumma said the likely culprit was a "sizable" meteor ripping apart as it blasted through the atmosphere at 100,000 mph.

"From the description of buildings and windows shaking, that's a fairly significant sonic boom," said Mumma, chief scientist of planetary research at Goddard Research Center in Greenbelt, Md. "It would have been much larger than fist-sized to make that loud of a noise and generate that much energy. I couldn't speculate how big, though."

Don Yeomans, manager of NASA's Near Earth Object monitoring program in Pasadena, Calif., said a meteor that shakes homes and windows could have been the size of a small car.

"Statistically we can expect something that size twice a year, on average," he said. "Of course, most of the Earth's surface is ocean so we don't see them that often. Yours is a very unusual event."

Webster County Sheriff's Capt. Robert Brown said the explosion shook the upper floors of the courthouse.

The county's Emergency Management director was contacted, and the courthouse was checked to make sure it was secure, he said.

"We were on standby ready to go if anything really had happened," Brown said.

At the Marshfield Chevrolet Olds dealership, receptionist Lynn Bays said she heard a "big, loud explosion" while sitting at her desk.

"At first I thought it was a big bolt of lightning, but a lot louder," she said. "It was pretty wild."

Rebecca Tucker, owner of Marshfield Beauty Shop, said the blast sounded "just like a big sonic boom."

"I talked to my mother, and she said it really rattled her garage door," Tucker said.

Mumma said those kinds of reports — without the presence of supersonic aircraft — are consistent with a meteor hitting the atmosphere.

"An explosion like that usually occurs when a pressure wave builds up on the front face of the meteor,' he said. "Eventually it blows up into millions of pieces which burn up before they hit the ground."

Kesterson's description of hearing two sonic booms wasn't unusual, he said.

"That could have been a binary object coming in — two meteors traveling together in space," Mumma said. "Each one would have generated a sonic boom as it entered the atmosphere."

On June 4, Seattle residents got a spectacular view of a meteor breaking apart.

The meteor lit up the sky at 2:40 a.m., and its brilliant glow was captured on dozens of security cameras across the city.

It exploded about 27 miles above Snohomish, Wash., its thunderous blast registering on many area earthquake detectors.

Based on eyewitness accounts and data from the earthquake monitors, officials estimated the Washington meteor's size to be about the size of a computer video monitor.

Oliver Manuel, professor emeritus of chemistry at the University of Missouri-Rolla, said it would be a fluke if anyone in Webster County found a piece of Friday's meteor.

The area is rocky and covered by forests, both of which would make finding a meteor fragment difficult.

"Hopefully there will be some meteorite fragments found," he said. "A common misconception is that they're too hot to pick up. But meteors ablate when they come in — their surface melts off faster than it can heat the object. If you find one, you can pick it up."

http://www.news-leader.com/today/0619-Itwasloude-115160.html

PMEmail Poster

Tree Sprite
Member No.: 124
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 20 2004, 07:25 AM
Quote Post
Crisrose, I cant get this link to work. Im pretty sure this is the Springfield Missouri News leader but I might be wrong. I say this because that is my neck of the woods and we heard the booms here but couldnt find out anything about them. No news or anything. Did you find the link from another source that I might go check there? I have gone to the news leader and done an archive search but nothing comes up. Or maybe Im wrong and its a different news leader? That would be strange if we hads booms the same time as somewhere else!

--------------------
"The things I have seen, the many things, have long now faded far, only three come clear now back to me: a Cloud, a Tree, a Star."
~From The Death of St. Brendan

"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith."
PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 20 2004, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 20 2004, 11:39 AM
Quote Post
Recent sightings of impressive meteors:

Perth, Australia, reported May 2 2004
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1099408.htm

Washington State, USA, reported June 4 2004
http://www.komotv.com/stories/31552.htm

Auckland, New Zealand, reported June 12 2004 http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200406/s1130666.htm

New South Wales, Australia, reported on June 17 2004
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.js...storyid=1491335

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Tree Sprite
Member No.: 124
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 20 2004, 01:04 PM
Quote Post
Thanks Crisrose. smile.gif It worked. Must have been the same meteor. You know I wonder if it was bigger than they suspect seeing as how Im not in the county in question but several away and we all still heard it. Or perhaps there were several pieces.

--------------------
"The things I have seen, the many things, have long now faded far, only three come clear now back to me: a Cloud, a Tree, a Star."
~From The Death of St. Brendan

"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith."
PMEmail Poster

Topic OptionsPages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0400 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild