Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 33 dead in Virginia Tech Campus Shooting, Check back for updates...

The Great Ving
Group: Members
Member No.: 219
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 18 2007, 06:47 AM
Quote Post
huhNEW.gif

Virginia Tech gunman's anger, detachment alarmed those around him   
)
Adam Geller, Canadian Press
Published: Wednesday, April 18, 2007

BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - In the weeks before Cho Seung-Hui killed 32 people, his already bizarre behaviour became even less predictable, his roommate said Wednesday.

Cho, known for being so unfriendly that he rarely even talked to the students with whom he shared a suite, started waking up as early as 5:30 a.m. instead of his usual 7 a.m., his roommate, Joseph Aust, told ABC's "Good Morning America." One day he came home and fell asleep around 2 p.m., sleeping through the night.

On Monday morning, as Aust learned details of the shooting - including the description of the shooter as an Asian male in his 20s - he became more and more convinced the gunman was his roommate.

"I tried to make conversation with him earlier in the year when he moved in," Aust said. "He would just give one-word answers and stay quiet. He pretty much never looked me in the eye."

Aust was among many students and professors who described the killer in the worst shooting massacre in U.S. history as a sullen loner, and authorities said he left a rambling note raging against women and rich kids.

News reports said that Cho, a 23-year-old senior majoring in English, may have been taking medication for depression and that he was becoming increasingly violent and erratic.

Professors and classmates were alarmed ...

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 18 2007, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Sat, 26 Mar 2005

The New York Times reports that family members of Jeffe Weise, the Minnesota student who went on a shooting rampage, believe that Prozac "could have been the final straw" that triggered Weise to kill.

"They kept upping the dose for him," she said, "and by the end, he was taking three of the 20 milligram pills a day. I can't help but think it was too much, that it must have set him off." Lee Cook, another relative of Mr. Weise, said his medication had increased a few weeks before the shootings on Monday

April 30, 1999

On April 29 the Washington Post confirmed that Eric Harris, the leader in the Littleton tragedy, was taking the psychiatric drug Luvox at the time of the murders. On April 30 the same newspaper published a story quoting expert claims that Luvox is safe and has no association with causing violence. In fact, Luvox and closely related drugs commonly produce manic psychoses, aggression, and other behavioral abnormalities in children and young people.
Prescription drugs are connected to school shootings and other violence, yet more drugs are touted as the solution
Monday, September 11, 2006 by: Mike Adams

The United States is gaining a reputation around the world for raising children who go on school shooting rampages. Earlier this year, we had another one with 16-year-old Jeff Weiss, who went into his school on an Indian reservation and blew away 10 friends. And guess what? He was taking the antidepressant Prozac.
Once again we see the link between antidepressants and violent behavior. I was raising the alarm about this in 1999 following the Columbine schools shootings. At that time we knew that those students were on antidepressant drugs, but the rest of the world didn't take any notice of it. The rest of the world said, "These drugs are completely safe. They keep these kids happy and in a normal state so they don't feel depressed." What they actually do, though, is detach these kids from reality to the point they can go on shooting rampages and not even have a clue that they're affecting the lives of real people. It basically transforms the world into a video game that these kids play out.

It makes it very easy for them to cross that threshold and begin to display violent behavior. We've seen this in the studies and finally, after years and years of pounding this issue, some of it has started to come out in the popular press. We're seeing a lot of warnings now about antidepressant drugs and their ability to cause violent behavior. We're seeing some of these drugs pulled off the market. And slowly we're beginning to see the general public recognizing the link between antidepressant drugs in our youth and violent behavior, including school shootings.

Back in 1999, they blamed guns. So if the students had picked up knives and stabbed people to death, it would have been a knife problem? Give me a break; it's not a knife problem, or a gun problem… it's a medication problem. These schools are supposed to be drug-free zones, and yet half the kids are doped up on antidepressants and Ritalin. How is that drug-free?

If you're going to alter the brain chemistry of these children, you had better be prepared for the results. The result we're seeing now is mass killings. Elsewhere around the world, where children aren't doped up on all these drugs, we don't see this kind of behavior. This is what happens when you change children's brain chemistry; you get these results...

http://www.newstarget.com/020394.html

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on Apr 18 2007, 07:06 AM

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 20 2007, 09:42 PM
Quote Post
hmm5.gif Very interesting...

Gunman's sister works for State Dept.

She is employed by office that oversees U.S. aid to Iraq

By MATTHEW LEE, Associated Press
April 20, 2007

WASHINGTON - The sister of the gunman responsible for the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history works as a contractor for a State Department office that oversees billions of dollars in American aid for Iraq.

Sun-Kyung Cho is employed by the Iraq Reconstruction Management Office, according to U.S. officials and a State Department staff directory that says she works from an annex near the department's headquarters in Washington.

PMEmail PosterAOL

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 146
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 21 2007, 01:22 PM
Quote Post
Hiya All!

Normally, I'd be glued to my laptop posting in realtime as things were happening but I too have been very busy.

Here are some things that made me get my red flags out the garage!

I first heard about the incident once I got home from work.

30 people killed at a university.

(my first thought..it's finals and someone is failing and went crazy)

I then heard a college in Virginia

(When I here Virginia I automatically think Washington DC since DC is not a state. Hmmm. The Beltway Sniper came to mind and the Line of Solang)

I then heard Virginia Tech

(wait a minute....A tech school..like MIT or MichTech...a school where inventions and patents are created)

I then heard the mass murder occured in the Engineering dept.

(mmmhmm...so was professor of science/technology killed among the masses? What about a child of someone from a hit list?)

I then figured out that there was a shooting earlier in the day before the mass murders. A girl and a Resident Assistant who were assumed to be caught in a love triangle gone bad. The shooter was Asian AND...there were 2 bomb threats a few weeks prior.

(now..who was this girl and guy? Why were they targets? Who was shot first b/c that will really tell a story....or were these shootings a smokescreen to cover the real motivation behind the mass murder which was to occur later. Asian turned out to be South Korean....hmmmm...What's his major?)

I then hear the shooter was a psych patient and a bunch of letters were found.

(ok..he was institutionalized and then released. That was enough time to be programmed as a manchurian candidate. He has a perfect cover--known psychotic...case closed. What was his trigger word?)

Darmon posted the phrase "Ismail Ax" was carved into his arms.

(Bingo! He was trying to fight his program but in the end announced his motivation)

Pupp great minds think alike...what else was going on...while the news was following this story?

(my first thought was the Gonzales hearing which was postponed. I am sure it is something bigger and a hit at the same time. Who were the victims?)

Ismail Ax...what could that mean?
(Ishmael X??? Islamic or arabic.....Guantanamo or Abu overup or relation???)

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 146
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 21 2007, 01:23 PM
Quote Post
Oh yeahh annnnnnd what did the 2 bomb threats say?

PMEmail Poster

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 22 2007, 12:43 PM
Quote Post
Hello Q...

You made some good observations.... He was definitely a manchurian candidate and the mass shooting very well could have been a cover for an assasination of one or more targets that were working on some type of project or experiment. It wouldn't be the first time that something like that happened. Using the much larger tragedy as a smoke screen... Kind of odd about the timing of the shooting at the Nasa facility too.

I found a list of the victims and will try and see if any of them might of been working on something important.

The victinms are:

PUBLISHED: 04-20-07 2:00 AM EST

Names of Virginia Tech shooting victims
By The Associated Press

A list of the victims of the shootings at Virginia Tech:

Ross Abdallah Alameddine, 20, sophomore from Saugus, Mass.

Christopher James Bishop, 35, according to Darmstadt University of Technology in Germany, where he helped run an exchange program.

Brian Roy Bluhm, 25, civil engineering graduate student from Stephens City, Va. He had previously lived in Iowa, Detroit and Louisville, Ky.

Ryan Christopher Clark, 22, of Martinez, Ga., senior majoring in psychology.

Austin Michelle Cloyd, sophomore international studies major and member of the honors program from Blacksburg, Va. Cloyd and her family previously lived in Champaign, Ill.

Jocelyne Couture-Nowak, French instructor, according to her husband, Jerzy Nowak, the head of the horticulture department at Virginia Tech.

Daniel Alejandro Perez Cueva, 21, of Peru, sophomore majoring in international studies. He also had lived in Woodbridge, Va.

Kevin Granata, engineering science and mechanics professor, according to Ishwar K. Puri, the head of the engineering science and mechanics department.

Matthew Gregory Gwaltney, 24, of Chester, Va., graduate student in civil and environmental engineering, according to his father and stepmother, Greg and Linda Gwaltney.

Caitlin Millar Hammaren, 19, sophomore majoring in international studies from Westtown, N.Y.

Jeremy Michael Herbstritt, 27, civil engineering graduate student from Bellefonte, Pa.

Rachael Hill, 18, of Glen Allen, Va., according to her father, Guy Hill.

Emily Jane Hilscher, 19-year-old freshman from Woodville, Va., majoring in animal and poultry sciences.

Jarrett Lee Lane, 22, senior majoring in civil engineering from Narrows, Va.

Matthew Joseph La Porte, 20, sophomore from Dumont, N.J.

Henry J. Lee, also known as Henh Ly, 20, first-year student majoring in computer engineering from Roanoke, Va. He had enough advanced-placement credits to be considered a sophomore by Virginia Tech.

Liviu Librescu, 76, engineering science and mechanics professor who joined the faculty in 1985. Originally from Romania and had also lived in Israel.

G.V. Loganathan, 51, civil and environmental engineering professor, according to his brother G.V. Palanivel.

Partahi Mamora Halomoan Lumbantoruan, 34, of Indonesia, civil engineering doctoral student.

Lauren Ashley McCain, 20, of Hampton, Va., freshman international studies major.

Daniel Patrick O'Neil, 22, of Lincoln, R.I., first-year graduate student in environmental engineering.

Juan Ramon Ortiz, 26, graduate student in civil engineering from Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

Minal Hiralal Panchal, 26, of Mumbai, India, graduate student in architecture.

Erin Peterson, 18, of Chantilly, Va., an international studies major, according to her father, Grafton Peterson.

Michael Steven Pohle Jr., 23, of Flemington, N.J., senior majoring in biology.

Julia Kathleen Pryde, 23, graduate student in biological systems engineering from Middletown, N.J.

Mary Karen Read, 19, freshman from Annandale, Va.

Reema Joseph Samaha, 18, freshman from Centreville, Va.

Waleed Mohammed Shaalan, 32, of Zagazig, Egypt, doctoral student in civil engineering.

Leslie Sherman, sophomore history and international studies student from Springfield, Va., according to her grandmother Gerry Adams.

Maxine Turner, 22, senior majoring in chemical engineering from Vienna, Va., according to her father, Paul Turner.

Nicole White, 20, junior majoring in international studies from Smithfield, Va., according to a family statement released by the Suffolk, Va., Police Department.

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...S0501/704200332

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on Apr 22 2007, 12:43 PM

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 22 2007, 01:45 PM
Quote Post
Virginia Tech does contain a lot of NASA data in its library.

NACA and NASA Refsheet
Compiled by Larry Thompson
Overview of NACA and NASA
NACA (National Advisory Comittee for Aeronautics) existed from 1917 - 1958, with NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) existing from 1958 - present. Both have produced huge amounts of literature. Some of the earliest literature is still being used by researchers and students.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NACA Report Literature
Indexed in Index of NACA Technical Publications, Ref Z5063 U634 Sci, (1915- Sept. 1958)

The best place to find NACA full text reports is at the NASA Technical Reports Server. This site contains almost all of the NACA reports.

Within the Virginia Tech collection there are three possible locations for various reports:

http://www.lib.vt.edu/help/subjects/engr/R...efsheetNASA.htm

Then there's the Robotics and Automation Laboratory at V-T.

Recent projects in the R&A Lab include two NSF projects related to automated path planning and passive assembly, an industry project for guidance and control of driverless linked vehicles, and a NASA project for automated fiber-composite structure manufacture.

http://ise.vt.edu/ral_lab.htm

hmm5.gif Take a look at the timing of this article.

Researchers study decontamination of chemical, biological warfare agents
By Susan Trulove

BLACKSBURG, Va., April 11, 2007 -- The U.S. Army Research Office has awarded Virginia Tech a $680,000 grant over two years to build an instrument that can be used to study the chemistry of gases that will decompose both chemical and biological warfare agents on surfaces

http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/story.php?relyear=2007&itemno=229

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on Apr 22 2007, 01:47 PM

PMEmail PosterAOL

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 22 2007, 04:14 PM
Quote Post
Thank you for the updates and the list DarmonVing.

The whole incident smells bad to me.

A disarmed citizenry has very little protection against mind controlled Manchurian Candidates.

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 22 2007, 10:59 PM
Quote Post
I'm really having a problem with a few things here...

1. The first suspect that the police had in custody just happened to be a Korean and a gun owner... Someone had to of gathered intelligence and targeted boyfriend to be decoy.

2. Where was the first suspect when he was taken into custody especially since he was a student at another University?

3. Who had been arguing with the first victim? Was it the boyfriend or the shooter?

Roommate: VT shooter unknown to first victim

By Los Angeles Times
Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WASHINGTON -- They were roommates and best friends and they were planning to meet in their dorm room Monday morning to go to chemistry class together. Emily Hilscher got there first and was killed. Heather Haugh arrived minutes later and became a key figure in the chaos unfolding on the Virginia Tech campus.
Even before she entered the building, Haugh said Tuesday, she was pulled aside by police desperate for clues. The information she gave was accurate, but it inadvertently led police to pursue Hilscher's boyfriend while the real shooter was setting up for another attack.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Haugh said she knew of no connection between the killer and her roommate, or any reason why Cho Seung-Hui would have begun his deadly rampage on the fourth floor of West Ambler Johnston Hall.
Learning about the identity

Our preliminary answers on Monday 1:15 pm were 95% correct but the text below was repeatedly updated and it became accurate on Tuesday morning.

The killer was a 6-foot tall male East Asian individual staying at a campus. The main suspect, the "most official" boyfriend of the crucial girl, was a student from nearby Radford University (where they just canceled a celebration) but this Gentleman was found alive on Monday, questioned, and released. I believe that it is this man who was dumped by the girlfriend two weeks ago and it is this man who has received his visa in Shanghai before he arrived to San Francisco on August 7th.

On the other hand, the shooter was Seung Hui Cho or Cho Seung Hui if you wish (=Jo Seung Hwee if you hate romanization), a 23 years old South Korean national with a green card (residence: Centerville, VA), and an English major and senior at Virginia Tech. He lived on campus in Harper Residence Hall which are female dormitories (!!!).
Haugh said that speculation that the killing spree was triggered by a domestic dispute likely stemmed from the fact that Hilscher’s boyfriend was an avid gun user. She said that when she was first questioned by police, “they asked if her boyfriend had a gun or something.”

She said she told the authorities that the boyfriend, Karl Thornhill, did have guns and that she and Hilscher had gone to a shooting range with him just a few weeks earlier. But she said she also told police that Hilscher and Thornhill got along well.

“The police asked if they had any problems, and they definitely don’t,” Haugh said. “He’s just torn apart by all this. He’s not a violent person at all.”

Haugh’s account helps to fill some gaps in the events at Virginia Tech – in particular why police may have thought they had the situation under control – but it leaves other gaping holes, including why Hilscher was one of the first victims and what Cho’s motive was.

“I have no idea,” said Haugh, 18, a nutrition and exercise major from New Jersey. “I was asking myself the same question.”

Haugh described her roommate as “a sweetheart. Definitely the best friend I ever had here. She has good friends, a perfect relationship with her boyfriend. She loved her family and talked to her mom all the time, every day. I’m going to miss her so much.”

Haugh said she and Hilscher typically spent Sunday nights with their boyfriends but met at their dorm on Monday mornings to head to their 9 a.m. chemistry class. Hilscher typically arrived shortly after 7 a.m., while Haugh tended to make it back an hour or so later.

When she returned Monday, “I noticed all these police cars outside. They told me something happened on the fourth floor. I asked if I could call my roommate and they said no, that they would have a detective come talk to me.”

Haugh said the first round of questioning focused on Hilscher and her boyfriend. When police asked whether Thornhill owned firearms, she asked whether her roommate had been shot and “they said yes. I asked if she was going to be OK, and they said they didn’t know.”

Haugh said she was allowed to leave, only to be summoned back later that afternoon when police were pursuing a different suspect.

“They didn’t know who (the shooter) was, and they just asked me if (Hilscher) had any fights with Asian people and I said no and that I don’t know any]one who would want to hurt her,” she said.

Haugh said Hilscher, an animal- and poultry-sciences major, loved riding horses and was on the equestrian team at school.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazett...on/17095857.htm

Here we go... This is what I was looking for... The boyfriend just happpened to be within the vicinity of the campus when he was taken into custody...

First deaths put cops on false trail

Geoff Elliott in Blacksburg, Virginia
April 19, 2007

A WILD-GOOSE chase in the first two hours of the shooting rampage at Virginia Tech in which police thought they were handling a domestic homicide has proved to be a fateful decision for students.

The shooting death at around 7.15am local time of Emily Hilscher, and her dormitory supervisor Ryan Clark, who came to her aid, had campus police immediately searching for her boyfriend, Karl Thornhill, who had just dropped her off moments before Cho Seung-hui walked in.

In an affidavit to search his house in that immediate aftermath of the early-morning shooting, police said they were looking for "firearms, ammunition, bloody clothing", along with any evidence related to a shooting.

Police reportedly caught up with Mr Thornhill on a road near the campus and ordered him out of the car and handcuffed him.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...622-601,00.html

This is just too weird to be a coincidence. headbanger.gif The timing is just too well orchestrated. headbanger.gif

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on Apr 22 2007, 11:04 PM

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 22 2007, 11:26 PM
Quote Post
hmm5.gif

Virginia Tech student is killed in car accident
From the Associated Press
April 23, 2007

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. — A Virginia Tech freshman who returned home with his family after last week's campus massacre was killed in a car crash, his father said Sunday.

Jeff Soriano died from his injuries Friday in a Norfolk, Va., hospital after he was pulled from the wreckage of his burning vehicle, police said.

Enrique Soriano, speaking by telephone from his home in Chesapeake, Va., said he picked up his son in the days after the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech. He said his son was studying to be an engineer.

Jeff Soriano's vehicle flipped several times and struck a tree, investigators said, but the cause of the crash was not known.

Rob Waring said he heard the crash from his office and found Soriano unconscious inside the burning car. After helping pull the young man out of the car, Waring said, he talked to a relative of Soriano.

"That's when I found out he was a Tech undergrad who had just gotten home, so that sort of brought this terrible week into focus for me," said Waring, who attended Virginia Tech in the 1970s.

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 23 2007, 12:01 AM
Quote Post
QUOTE (Quemonius @ Apr 21 2007, 04:23 PM)
Oh yeahh annnnnnd what did the 2 bomb threats say?

Not sure what the bomb threats said Q but the police seemed to be under the impression that Cho Seung Hui had called them in...

Call in bomb threats to see who responds to them... Both threats targeted engineering buildings. See who comes out of buildings... Making a list... Checkinig it twice...

Two Bomb Threats at Virginia Tech Last Week

By JAN CRAWFORD GREENBURG

April 16, 2007 — There have been two separate bomb threats in the past two weeks at Virginia Tech that targeted engineering buildings.

The first, in early April, was directed at Torgersen Hall, which is an engineering building. The second, at the end of last week, was directed at multiple engineering buildings.

Students and staff were evacuated, and the university had offered a $5,000 reward for information into the threats.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3045900

At least two more there since then...

Apr 18, 2007 11:51 am US/Mountain

SWAT Storms Virginia Tech After Another Scare
BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia Tech students still on edge after the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history got another scare Wednesday morning as police in SWAT gear with weapons drawn swarmed Burruss Hall, which houses the president's office.

The threat of suspicious activity turned out to be unfounded, said Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said, and the building was reopened. But students were rattled.

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_108135137.html

Rash of other bomb threats... Keep everyone spooked.

April 20, 2007, 4:00 am]
"(AP) School Threats Sweep Country"
By ALLISON HOFFMAN
Associated Press Writer
SAN DIEGO

A Web designer was charged Thursday with posting on his own site a bogus threat to kill 50 San Diego State University students, then alerting a TV station to try to draw publicity, the FBI said.

Cristobal Fernando Gonzalez, 32, was faces one felony count of making a threatening communication through the Internet. He was being held on $30,000 bail.

His parents said outside the federal courthouse that he was remorseful.

"I hope it doesn't ruin his future," said his mother, Diana Gomez.

Scores of schools across the country shut down or evacuated...

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 23 2007, 12:24 AM
Quote Post
hmm5.gif

'Normal' Autopsy For Virginia Tech Gunman Cho - Cho Legally Prohibited From Gun Ownership

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007

Lawfuel.com - The Law Newswire - As Virgina Tech students returned to their campus Dr. William Massello, the assistant state medical examiner in Roanoke, said gunman Seung-Hui Cho died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head after firing enough shots to wound his 32 victims more than 100 times.

The medical examiner said there was nothing unusual about Cho's autopsy, he said, and nothing that indicated any psychological problems that might explain his reason for the killings.

Meanwhile, Virginia Tech's Student Government Association issued a statement Sunday asking the news media to respect the privacy of students and leave by the time classes resume Monday.

"Our students are ready to start moving forward, and the best we can do that is to get the campus back to normal," Liz Hart, director of public relations for the SGA, said in an interview. Students don't want "anything external remind to us it will be a difficult road. We know that."

Virginia Tech officials say victims' families are their top priority. They have been given a private e-mail address and direct phone number for President Charles Steger.

The campus is covered with memorials and tributes to the students, including flowers, writings and candles. There are constant reminders of counseling options, and state police will provide security at least through Monday.

Virgina Tech shooting gunman Cho was technically prohibited from purchasing firearms after a Virginia court found Cho to be an "imminent danger to himself" in December 2005 and issued an order for Cho to receive psychiatric treatment, the New York Times reported Friday.

PMEmail PosterAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 23 2007, 12:29 AM
Quote Post
hmm5.gif

Sunday, April 22, 2007
Story last updated at 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 22, 2007

Medical examiner: Va. Tech gunman died of gunshot wound to head

By KRISTEN GELINEAU
Associated Press Writer

BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia Tech gunman Seung-Hui Cho was as mysterious in death as he was in life, leaving behind few clues for medical examiners.

Dr. William Massello, the assistant state medical examiner based in Roanoke, said Sunday that Cho died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his temple after firing enough shots to wound his 32 victims more than 100 times.

But there was nothing unusual about Cho's autopsy, he said, and nothing that would have hinted at any psychological problems that might have led him to commit the worst shooting massacre in modern U.S. history.

Pathologists sent blood samples for toxicology testing to determine if Cho was on drugs at the time of his rampage, but Massello said it could take as long as two weeks to get results.
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Story last updated at 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, April 22, 2007

Medical examiner: Va. Tech gunman caused more than 100 wounds

By KRISTEN GELINEAU
Associated Press Writer

BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia Tech gunman Seung-Hui Cho fired enough shots to wound his 32 victims more than 100 times before killing himself with a bullet to his head, a medical examiner said Sunday.

Dr. William Massello, the assistant medical examiner based in Roanoke, said pathologists have sent blood samples for toxicology testing to determine if Cho was on drugs at the time of his rampage. It could take as long as two weeks to get the results of those tests, he said.

Cho was not especially accurate with his shots, Massello said, but hit many of the victims several times. His shots caused more than 100 wounds.

Many of the victims had defensive wounds, indicating they tried to shield themselves from Cho's fire, but there was no evidence in the autopsies that Cho struggled with any of the people he killed.

Cho died from a gunshot to his temple, Massello said. Even if his brain had been intact, doctors would not have been able to tell whether he had any sort of brain abnormality. Those are usually neurological or chemical disorders that are not detectable during an autopsy, he said.
No Abnormalities Found in Cho's Brain

By Philip Rucker and Jackie Spinner
Washington Post Staff Writers
Monday, April 23, 2007; Page A09

An initial autopsy of the Virginia Tech gunman found no brain function abnormalities that could explain the rampage that left 32 people dead at the Blacksburg university, a state medical examiner said yesterday.

Brain tissue has been retained for additional microscopic examination, but the body of Seung Hui Cho has been cleared for release to his family, said William Massello, an assistant state medical examiner.

"As to whether I found any other abnormalities in the brain, the answer is not on gross pathology examination," he said. "There will be microscopic examinations, but I do not anticipate finding anything."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7042201418.html

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on Apr 23 2007, 12:38 AM

PMEmail PosterAOL

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 23 2007, 12:33 AM
Quote Post
Check out this commentary and news that anti-depressants were involved. If I recall, the Columbine shooters from almost 8 years earlier, (3 days off - April 16th and April 19th), were also on anti-depressants. I think it was Zoloft.

Medication and/or alcohol allow for easier mind control. And I know this from experience.

Were Antidepressants An Accomplice In The VTech Massacre?
By Mike Adams
4-18-7
The Chicago Tribune reports that Cho Seung Hui, the Virginia Tech shooter who killed 32 fellow students in a shooting rampage, was taking antidepressant drugs.
This is not the first time a school shooting rampage has been linked to antidepressants. The infamous Colombine High shootings took place almost exactly eight years ago, and the shooters in that rampage were also -- you guessed it -- taking antidepressant drugs.

What is it about antidepressant drugs that provokes young men to pick up pistols, rifles and shotguns, then violently assault their classmates? Clearly, there's something wrong with the mind of anyone who engages in such violent acts. Could the drugs be "imbalancing" their minds, priming them for violence?

The answer is a very sobering, "Yes, they could be." As we reported in a previous NewsTarget article on Paxil:

Researchers from Cardiff University in Britain and the Cochrane Centre examined data on Paxil -- or its generic form, paroxetine -- from GlaxoSmithKline, legal cases and emails from nearly 1,400 patients who responded to a British TV program on antidepressants. The researchers found that 60 out of 9,219 people taking Paxil -- 0.65 percent -- experienced a "hostility event," compared to 20 out of 6,455 patients taking placebo, or 0.31 percent.

In that same article, published in September, 2006, I stated, "This finding helps explain why school shootings are almost always conducted by children who are taking antidepressants. We also know that SSRIs cause children to disconnect from reality. When you combine that with a propensity for violence, you create a dangerous recipe for school shootings and other adolescent violence."

Sadly, that explanation rings true once again with the Virginia Tech shooting. Wherever we see school violence, antidepressant drugs seem to found at the scene of the crime. The correlation is not coincidence. There is a causal link between the two.

The links between antidepressants and violence are well documented A study published in the Public Library of Science Medicine (an open source medical journal) explored these same links in detail.

(See:Antidepressants and Violence: Problems at the Interface of Medicine and Law, by David Healy, Andrew Herxheimer, David B. Menkes)

The authors note that "Some regulators, such as the Canadian regulators, have also referred to risks of treatment-induced activation leading to both self-harm and harm to others" and the "United States labels for all antidepressants as of August 2004 note that 'anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia (psychomotor restlessness), hypomania, and mania have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants for major depressive disorder as well as for other indications, both psychiatric and nonpsychiatric.'"

In other words, the link between antidepressants and violence has been known for years by the very people manufacturing, marketing or prescribing the drugs. As the author of the study mentioned above concluded, "The new issues highlighted by these cases need urgent examination jointly by jurists and psychiatrists in all countries where antidepressants are widely used."

That was last year, well before this latest shooting. The warning signs were there, and they've been visible for a long time. Medical authorities can hardly say they are "shocked" by this violent behavior. After all, the same pattern of violence among antidepressant takers has been observed, documented and published in numerous previous cases.

How To Stop The Violence

Following this recent episode of violence, some Americans are renewing calls for gun control. But I ask, isn't it time we looked at antidepressants control? Why do we continue to drug up young people in this country with psychotropic drugs that we know are closely associated with violent outbursts?

Giving young men antidepressant drugs is, in my opinion, just like building silent timebombs and waiting around for one to suddenly go off. Chemically assaulting these young, troubled brains with powerful drugs -- while denying them real mental health solutions based on nutrition -- is the bread and butter of modern psychiatry, an industry that in my opinion has sold its soul to drug companies and now serves primarily as a glorified system of legalized drug dealers that preys upon children and teenagers.

That doesn't mean the doctor or psychiatrist who prescribed the antidepressants is directly responsible for the violence committed by Cho Seung Hui, but they may have very well played a key role in destabilizing the mind of a young man who was on the verge of insanity. You don't give another shot of whisky to a drunk driver, and you shouldn't prescribe antidepressants to troubled young men. Especially when there are weapons lying around.

(Click the cartoon for the full-sized version.)How many more Americans will be killed by pharmaceuticals?

FDA-approved prescription drugs kill 100,000 Americans each year.

Sadly, these 32 dead students at Virginia Tech now join the list of those killed by pharmaecutical side effects. And yet nobody in the mainstream media seems to be reporting about the drugs.

Don't you find it curious that when 100,000+ Americans are killed in their homes and beds each year, dying from heart attacks and strokes caused by pharmaceuticals, there's virtually no news coverage, but when mind-altering drugs cause a student to pick up guns and blow away 32 classmates, it's suddenly front-page news everywhere? The reason is because there's violence involved, and violence gets ratings for news organizations.

Another interesting point in all this is that a Korean diplomat contacted the Bush Administration to offer his condolences. Does this seem a bit strange to anyone else? The student was an American citizen, and he had lived in America for many years. In fact, he got put on antidepressant drugs in America, following the same fraudulent system of medicine that is uniquely American in the degree of harm it causes people. If anybody should be picking up the phone and apologizing, it's the U.S. diplomats who should be apologizing to the world for exporting death, disease and western medicine.

Drug companies should be apologizing to the families of those who died, as well as to the family of the shooter. And the doctor or psychiatrist who prescribed these drugs to Cho Seung should be apologizing to everybody. Where is the apology from the drug companies who manufacture these chemicals that kill?

The question I'm asking is: Who's really at fault here? Sure, it's primarily the person who pulled the trigger. But it's also the companies and FDA regulators who allowed dangerous, violence-inducing chemicals to be prescribed to the person who pulled the trigger. "Chemically-induced violence," I call it. And antidepressant drugs make it so much easier for the shooter because they make people feel dissociated from reality. One of the Colombine shooters said it was all, "like a video game."

Or, as described in shocking detail in the PLoS Medicine study mentioned above, a 12 year old boy was being drugged with antidepressants when the following took place. As reported: (emphasis added)

The independent forensic report on the case notes CP as saying that that night: "something told me to shoot them". He had initially reported this to be hallucinations and then said he thought it was his own thoughts. When asked to specifically describe what the experience was like, he said it was "like echoes in my head saying 'kill, kill', like someone shouting in a cave".

According to the forensic report, "He reported this began happening after he went to bedHe reported he had never considered harming his grandparents before and this was unlike anything he had previously experienced. He reported that the voices were coming from inside his head and they bothered him so much that he got up. He reported that the voices continued until he killed his grandparents. He reported that he couldn't control himself and reported the echoes stopped after he shot his grandparents. He set fire to the house but could not explain these actions saying the thoughts just popped up". He then took a vehicle and began driving but reported that he had no idea where he was going and that it all felt like a dream. He recalled asking the police about his grandparents after he was picked up because he was not sure if it had really happened or not.

My heart goes out to those who died... ALL of them.

Yes, I mourn the dead. Do not mistake my skeptical thinking with a lack of compassion for those individuals and families traumatized by this event. But unlike most tabloid reporters, I don't end my story with the 32 dead at Virginia Tech. I mourn the 100,000 Americans killed every year by FDA-approved prescription drugs, and the millions more killed all around the world by pharmaceuticals, regardless of whether they were killed in a headline-grabbing act of extreme violence. And unless we restrict the use of antidepressant drugs and find a way to help young men achieve genuine mental health through nutrition, sunlight, and avoidance of toxic chemicals, mark my words: We will see more antidepressant-induced violence in America.

The shootings will not stop until the pills are banned.

You can bank on it. The next attempted shooting is likely only days or weeks away.

If we want to end this violence, we must end the chemical warfare being waged against the minds of our young men and children by the drug companies.

Study summary:

Here's the summary of the study, mentioned above, published in PLoS Medicine:

Recent regulatory warnings about adverse behavioural effects of antidepressants in susceptible individuals have raised the profile of these issues with clinicians, patients, and the public.

We review available clinical trial data on paroxetine and sertraline and pharmacovigilance studies of paroxetine and fluoxetine, and outline a series of medico-legal cases involving antidepressants and violence. Both clinical trial and pharmacovigilance data point to possible links between these drugs and violent behaviours. The legal cases outlined returned a variety of verdicts that may in part have stemmed from different judicial processes.

Many jurisdictions appear not to have considered the possibility that a prescription drug may induce violence. The association of antidepressant treatment with aggression and violence reported here calls for more clinical trial and epidemiological data to be made available and for good clinical descriptions of the adverse outcomes of treatment.

Legal systems are likely to continue to be faced with cases of violence associated with the use of psychotropic drugs, and it may fall to the courts to demand access to currently unavailable data. The problem is international and calls for an international response.

http://rense.com/general76/antidep.htm

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 23 2007, 12:44 AM
Quote Post
THere's a very long list Pupp...

In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann, who had been taking Anafranil and Lithium, walked into a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Ill., and began shooting. One child was killed and six wounded.

Later that same year, 19-year-old James Wilson went on a shooting rampage at the Greenwood, S.C., Elementary School and killed two 8-year-old girls and wounded seven others. He'd been on Xanax, Valium and five other drugs.

Kip Kinkel, a 15-year-old of Springfield, Ore., in 1998 murdered his parents and proceeded to his high school where he went on a rampage killing two students and wounding 22 others. Kinkel had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.

Patrick Purdy, 25, in 1989 opened fire on a school yard filled with children in Stockton, Calif. Five kids were killed and 30 wounded. He been treated with Thorazine and Amitriptyline.

Steve Lieth of Chelsea, Mich., in 1993 walked into a school meeting and shot and killed the school superintendent, wounding two others, while on Prozac.

10-year-old Tommy Becton in 1996 grabbed his 3-year-old niece as a shield and aimed a shotgun at a sheriff's deputy who accompanied a truant officer to his Florida home. He'd been put on Prozac.

Michael Carneal, 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in Heath High in West Paducah, Ky. Three died and one was paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.

In 1998, 11-year-old Andrew Golden and 14-year-old Mitchell Johnson apparently faked a fire alarm at Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, Ark., and shot at students as they left the building. Four students and a teacher were killed. The boys were believed to be on Ritalin.

In 1999, Shawn Cooper, 15, of Notus, Idaho, took a shotgun to school and injured one student. He had been taking Ritalin.

April 20, 1999, Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, shot and killed 12 classmates and a teacher and wounded 24 others. Harris had been taking Luvox.

Todd Smith walked into as high school in Taber, Alberta, Canada in 1999 with a shotgun and killed one and injured a second student. He has been given a drug after a five-minute phone consultation with a psychiatrist.

Steven Abrams drove his car into a preschool playground in 1999 in Costa Mesa., Calif., killing two. He was on probation with a requirement to take Lithium.

In 2000, T.J. Solomon, 15, opened fire at Heritage High School in Conyers, Ga., while on a mix of antidepressants. Six were wounded.

The same year Seth Trickey of Gibson, Okla., 13, was on a variety of prescriptions when he opened fire on his middle-school class, injuring five.

Elizabeth Bush, 14, was on Prozac. She shot and wounded another student at Bishop Neumann High in Williamsport, Pa.

Jason Hoffman, 18, in 2001 was on Effexor and Celexa, both antidepressants, when he wounded two teachers at California's Granite Hills High School.

In Wahluke, Wash., Cory Baadsgaard, 16, took a rifle to his high schooland held 23 classmates hostage in 2001. He has been taking Paxil and Effexor.

In Tokyo in 2001, Mamoru Takuma, 37, went into a second-grade classroom and started stabbing students. He killed eight. He had taken 10 times his normal dosage of an antidepressant.

Duane Morrison, 53, shot and killed a girl at Platte Canyon High School in Colorado in 2006. Antidepressants later were found in his vehicle.

In 2005, 16-year-old Native American Jeff Weise on the Red Lake Indian Reservation in Minnesota was under the influence of the antidepressant Prozac when he shot and killed nine people and wounding five before committing suicide.
Another case involving a school-age youth – although not at a school – happened in 1986, when 14-year-old Rod Mathews of Canton, Mass., beat a classmate to death with a baseball bat while on Ritalin.

And just a few among the dozens of incidents cited, but not apparently related to schools:

William Cruse in 1987 was charged with killing six people in Palm Bay, Fla., after taking psychiatric drugs for "several years."

The same year, Bartley James Dobben killed his two young sons by throwing them into a 1,300-degree foundry ladle. He been on a "regimen" of psychiatric drugs.

Joseph T. WesBecker, 47, just a month after he began taking Prozac, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Ky., killing nine. Eli Lilly, which makes Prozac, later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.

In 1991, 61-year-old Barbara Mortenson, on Prozac for two weeks, "cannibalized her 87-year-old mother …"

In 1992, Lynnwood Drake III, shot and killed six in San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay. Prozac and Valium were found in his system.

Sixteen-year-old Victor Brancaccio attacked and killed an 81-year-old woman, covered her corpse with red spray-paint. He was two months into a Zoloft regimen.

While on four medications including Prozac, Dr. Debora Green in 1995 set her Prairie Village, Mo., home on fire, killing her children, ages 6 and 13.

Kurt Danysh, 18, shot and killed his father in 1996, 17 days after his first dose of Prozac. "I didn't realize I did it until after it was done. … This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun."

In 1998, GlaxoSmithKline, maker of Paxil, was ordered to pay $6.4 million to surviving family members after Donald Schnell, 60, just 48 hours after taking Paxil, flew into a rage and killed his wife, daughter and granddaughter.

PMEmail PosterAOL

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0658 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild