Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> England Under Water, worst floods since the 1940's

Freedom Fighter
Group: Members
Member No.: 262
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 23 2007, 11:41 PM
Quote Post

Much of central England is preparing to be swept under a destructive tide of water Tuesday, as the worst floods in centuries continue to grow in intensity and the British government struggles with a domestic emergency of vast proportions. By the end of Tuesday, the Thames and Severn rivers, the largest in Britain, are in danger of bursting their banks after weeks of record-breaking rainfall. Even if the rains stop completely, which is unlikely, flood levels are not predicted to peak until late this evening or early Wednesday.

More than half a million people have been displaced or directly affected, and by the end of Tuesday, it is expected that almost 500,000 people will be without drinking water and about 250,000 will lack electricity, as one major power station and several water-treatment facilities have been knocked out of operation. With hundreds of towns and tens of thousands of homes under water already, officials are preparing for the historic cities of Oxford and Gloucester to be inundated today. The British government's Environmental Agency describes the floods as the worst in modern history, exceeding the levels of the deadly floods of 1947. "We have not seen flooding of this magnitude before," Anthony Perry of the Environment Agency told reporters. "The benchmark was 1947, and this has already exceeded it."This led British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, backed by scientists with Britain's Meteorological Office, to blame the monsoon-like rainfalls on climate change caused by carbon-fuel emissions, and the country's vulnerability on an underfunded and outdated infrastructure.

"Like every advanced industrialized country, we are coming to terms with some of the issues surrounding climate change," Mr. Brown, who has been Prime Minister for less than a month, said Monday. "It is pretty clear that some of the 19th-century structures, and where they were sited, is something we will have to review." At least 10,000 homes have been flooded to a degree that will prevent them from being occupied for weeks, a number expected to increase today. Insurance companies said they have run out of hotel rooms to house displaced people. "The demand for alternative accommodation is already outstripping supply," David Stoddard of Lloyds TSB insurance said. Some major towns have been rendered completely uninhabitable and more are expected to be evacuated today.

The town of Tewkesbury, whose 17,000 citizens reside at the junction of the Severn and Avon rivers, has been dubbed "the Isle of Tewkesbury" because it is now completely inaccessible by land and is largely devoid of people. The town's famous cathedral, which has not been flooded since 1760, now contains more than a metre of water. "It was just devastation — total chaos, cars floating past, rubbish, all kinds," John King, a 68-year-old retired firefighter from Tewkesbury, told The Associated Press. "You just can't stop water of that power." He said he saw goldfish swimming in his driveway. In Oxford, 1,500 people have already been evacuated and emergency workers desperately tried to shore up the city's historic university buildings yesterday. But their efforts appeared to be faltering, as Oxfordshire was on the verge of running out of sandbags Monday night.

There was panic buying of water, food, generators and other supplies, with hundreds of people lined up outside supermarkets in the English Midlands yesterday despite the pouring rain. It was revealed last night that the British government had received warnings in advisory reports issued in 2004 and 2005 that its flood defences are inadequate and poorly co-ordinated. The Environment Minister, Hillary Benn, said he would launch an immediate review. The insurance industry is predicting that its payouts will exceed $4.5-billion. Weather forecasters said Monday that more rain is likely Tuesday afternoon, pushing flood levels even higher.

Peace bb angryNEW.gif

--------------------
I can only open the door, I can't drag people through it!

Don't FORGET! White Australia has a Black History!!!!

I saw the Angel in the marble
And carved until I set him free!!.....Michaelangelo
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 24 2007, 05:48 AM
Quote Post
Hi Betty,
There was panic buying of water, food, generators and other supplies, with hundreds of people lined up outside supermarkets in the English Midlands yesterday despite the pouring rain.

England gets tons of rain while we're in a drought here in So Calif.... the worst drought ever recorded here.
(Since 1877 when record keeping began)

Note: Betty, please provide a subject title, a date and a source link whenever possible.
Thank you!

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Aug 2 2007, 10:54 PM
Quote Post
Here's another report I came across...

Two months of rain in just one day
Fred Attewill, Martin Wainwright and Riazat Butt
July 21, 2007
The Guardian
Some of the heaviest rainfall in living memory deluged southern Britain yesterday, inundating places with up to one sixth of their entire annual rainfall in less than 24 hours.

Downpours knocked out satellite communications, cut power, forced schools and homes to be evacuated, and badly disrupted roads and railways.

Emergency services were severely stretched, while one wedding party was last night preparing to bed down in a church after they were surrounded by rapidly rising floodwaters.

London saw its luck run out after having avoided the worst of the recent downpours, while north-east England, parts of which are still suffering from June's monsoon conditions, braced itself for more damage as the rain moved north.
The wettest part of the UK was Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, which received 121.2mm of rain from midnight Thursday until 5pm yesterday - three times its average rainfall for July and a sixth of what it would expect for the whole year.

Steve Randall, a forecaster for the Met Office, said: "I've never seen anything like it, and I've been in the Met Office for 34 years. It's an extraordinary amount, more like you would expect in a tropical rainforest."

At Barry in south Wales, residents were trapped in their homes as sewage poured into the street. Firefighters used a boat to rescue three people from knee-high water in one building; a man was briefly trapped in his car in a dip below a road bridge. In Sussex, flooding in the Haywards Heath area led to serious train delays, while in Worthing the hospital was flooded to a depth of 18 inches.

The Thames Valley was also hard hit, with Reading and Maidenhead town centres flooded; there were long delays on the M4 after a landslip caused by heavy rain left just one lane open on the eastbound carriageway.

Parts of south-west London saw floods two-feet-deep, and the Underground was badly disrupted.

At Heathrow, 141 flights were cancelled as air traffic controllers grounded aircraft in the worst of the downpours.

A severe weather warning will remain in force today for north Wales and the west Midlands, but the rain is expected to ease off overnight. Summer has no plans to return, however. Sunday is forecast to be showery and dull in most areas, and heavy rain may return to the south on Monday.

The only bright spot was that the worst of the rain kept away from the battered north, where a huge recovery operation is installing thousands of temporary homes for people whose houses have already been wrecked. Only a short-lived outrider of today's storms reached the devastated areas of Yorkshire and Humberside, penetrating as far as Richmond, North Yorkshire, where the sudden volume of water burst the banks of Skeeby beck, flooding homes in six villages.

In Cheltenham, one couple's plans for the perfect wedding went down the drain as they and 100 guests were marooned in their church by floodwaters 5ft deep.

As Sarah Parfitt, 34, married Andy Holtom, 31, at Holy Trinity, torrential rain caused a stream next to the church to swell and burst its banks, sending filthy brown water churning towards the church building. They were confronted by floodwater on stepping out for photographs, and, after calling the fire service, were told to stay put. The new Mrs Holtom said: "When I imagined my wedding day as a little girl, I always thought it would be sunny and totally perfect - I had no idea it would end up like this."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weather/Story/0%...31580%2C00.html

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0398 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild