Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Valerie Plame's Statement, Committee on Oversight Government reform

Freedom Fighter
Group: Members
Member No.: 470
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 17 2007, 07:16 AM
Quote Post
Hi All ..
I tracked this down today..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Statement from Valerie Plame

Good morning, Mr. Chairman, and members of the Committee. My name is Valerie Plame Wilson and I am honored to have been invited to testify under oath before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on the critical issue of safeguarding classified information. I'm grateful for this opportunity to set the record straight. I've served the United States loyally and to the best of my ability as a covert operations officer for the Central Intelligence Agency. I worked on behalf of the national security of our country, on behalf of the people of the United States until my name and true affiliation were exposed in the national media on July 14, 2003, after a leak by administration officials. Today, I can tell this Committee even more.

In the run-up to the war with Iraq, I worked in the Counter Proliferation Division of the CIA, still as a covert officer, whose affiliation with the CIA was classified. I raced to discover solid intelligence for senior policy makers on Iraq's presumed weapons of mass destruction programs. While I helped to manage and run secret worldwide operations against this WMD target from CIA headquarters in Washington, I also traveled to foreign countries on secret missions to find vital intelligence.

I love my career because I love my country. I was proud of the serious responsibilities entrusted to me as a CIA covert operations officer. And I was dedicated to this work. It was not common knowledge on the Georgetown cocktail circuit, that everyone knew where I worked. But all of my efforts on behalf of the national security of the United States, all of my training, all of the value of my years of service were abruptly ended when my name and identity were exposed irresponsibly.

In the course of the trial of Vice President Cheney's former Chief of Staff, Scooter Libby, I was shocked at the evidence that emerged. My name and identity were carelessly and recklessly abused by senior government officials in both the White House and the State Department. All of them understood that I worked for the CIA, and having signed oaths to protect national security secrets, they should have been diligent in protecting me and every CIA officer. The CIA took great lengths to protect all of its employees, provided at significant taxpayer expense, painstakingly devised creative covers for its most sensitive staffers. The harm that is done when a CIA cover is blown is grave, but I can't provide details beyond that in this public hearing. But the concept is obvious. Not only have breaches of national security endangered CIA officers, it has jeopardized, even destroyed entire networks of foreign agents, who in turn risk their own lives and those of their families to provide the United States with needed intelligence. Lives are literally at stake. Every single one of my former CIA collegues, my fellow covert officers, to analysts to technical operations officers, even the secretaries, understand the vulnerabilities of our officers and recognize that the travesty of what happened to me could happen to them.

We in the CIA always know that we might be exposed and threatened by foreign enemies. It was a terrible irony that administration officials were the ones who destroyed my cover. Furthermore, testimony in the criminal trial of Vice President Cheney's former Chief of Staff, who has now been convicted of serious crimes, indicates that my exposure arose from purely political motives. Within the CIA, it is essential that all intelligence be evaluated on the basis of its merits and actual credibility. National security depends upon it. The tradecraft of intelligence is not a product of speculation. I feel passionately as an intelligence professional about the creeping, insidious politicizing of our intelligence process. All intelligence professionals are dedicated to the ideal that they would rather be fired on the spot than distort the facts to fit a political view. Any political view or any ideology. As our intelligence agencies go through reorganizations and experience the painful aspects of change, and our country faces profound challenges, injecting partisanship or ideology into the equation makes effective and accurate intelligence that much more difficult to develop. Politics and ideology must be stripped completely from our intelligence services or the consequences will be even more severe than they have been and our country placed in even greater danger. It is imperative for any President to be able to make decisions based on intelligence that is unbiased. The Libby trial and the events leading to the Iraq War highlight the urgent need to restore the highest professional standards to intelligence collection and analysis and the protection of our officers and operations. The Congress has a Constitutional duty to defend our national security and that includes safeguarding our intelligence. That is why I am grateful for this opportunity to appear before this Committee today and to assist in its important work.

Thank you and I welcome any questions.

Peace Out ..
Nodstar*MARVINBlinkNewEmot3.gif

This post has been edited by Nodstar on Mar 17 2007, 07:18 AM

--------------------
user posted image"In PuPP We Trust" user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 17 2007, 07:42 PM
Quote Post
Hi Everyone... EmoticonMarvinGreetings.gif

Heres some more about the Valerie Plame testimony from the Washington Post.

Plame puts blame on Rove
By Joseph Curl
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
March 17, 2007

Former CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington today before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Daniel Rosenbaum (THE WASHINGTON TIMES)
---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Valerie Plame, one of the most well-known secret agents in CIA history, yesterday told a partisan congressional panel that senior White House political adviser Karl Rove "clearly was involved" in an orchestrated effort to leak her covert identity.
Mrs. Plame, now a multimillionaire with a soon-to-be-released book and a Hollywood movie in the works, said senior officials at the White House and State Department set out in the summer of 2003 to discredit her husband, former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, who had written an op-ed piece in the New York Times critical of pre-Iraq war intelligence.
"Karl Rove clearly was involved in the leaking of my name and he still carries a security clearance to this day, despite the president's words to the contrary that he would immediately dismiss anyone who had anything to do with it," Mrs. Plame told the panel, with seven Democrats but just two Republicans in attendance.
"They all knew that I worked with the CIA," said Mrs. Plame, whose husband briefly worked for Massachusetts Democratic Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign. "They might not have known what my status was but that alone -- the fact that I worked for the CIA -- should have put up a red flag."
Rep. Henry A. Waxman of California, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, called the one-time agent to testify about "one of the nation's most carefully guarded secrets" -- Mrs. Plame's identity. He said that her covert status "was repeatedly revealed by White House officials to members of the media."
But the chairman broadened the hearing's topic, contending that the White House used false intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war, namely that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein sought uranium from Niger for nuclear weapons. Then, when Mr. Wilson questioned the intelligence, the White House set out to discredit the self-described Democrat after he called President Bush's claim "a lie."
"They didn't like what your husband wrote, and they made you collateral damage," Mr. Waxman told Mrs. Plame.
The 90-minute testimony took on the atmosphere of a circus trial; two dozen photographers scrummed and elbowed to snap shots of the petite bleached blonde, clad in a low-cut white blouse, beige herringbone jacket and snug brown slacks. Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, Georgia Republican, noted that at a recent hearing on steroids in sports, "I don't think any of those baseball stars got any of the media attention you're getting here today."
Rep. Thomas M. Davis III of Virginia, the only other Republican in the Rayburn hearing room, frankly described his feeling about the session.
"I have to confess, I'm not sure what we're trying to accomplish here," he said. Noting that the CIA had put several avenues of questioning off-limits, Mr. Davis said with frustration, "I suspect we're going to waste considerable time today talking about things we can't talk about."
Mr. Davis also noted that no one has been prosecuted for identifying Mrs. Plame after a three-year investigation that cost millions of dollars. Critics contend that Mrs. Plame's identity was widely known and that her job did not involve undercover work.
After newspaper columnist Robert Novak published Mrs. Plame's name in a July 14, 2003, column, the CIA filed a report to the Justice Department, which began a criminal investigation to determine whether U.S. officials knowingly went public with classified information, a violation of federal law. Mr. Novak later said that former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage first revealed Mrs. Plame's identity and that it was confirmed by Mr. Rove.

[link to www.washingtontimes.com]

She missed this.....
Journalist Bob Woodward of the Washington Post revealed on November 15, 2005 that "a government official with no axe to grind" leaked to him the identity of outed CIA officer Valerie Plame in mid-June 2003. According to an April 2006 Vanity Fair article (published March 14, 2006), former Washington Post executive editor Ben Bradlee said in an interview "That Armitage is the likely source is a fair assumption," though Bradlee later told the Post that he "[did] not recall making that precise statement" in the interview.[5]

On March 2, 2006, bloggers discovered that "Richard Armitage" fit the spacing on a redacted court document, suggesting he was a source for the Plame leak.[6]

On August 21, 2006, the Associated Press published a story that revealed Armitage met with Bob Woodward in mid-June 2003. The information came from official State Department calendars, provided to The Associated Press under the Freedom of Information Act.[7]

In the September 4, 2006 issue of Newsweek magazine, in an article titled "The Man Who Said Too Much", journalist Michael Isikoff, quoting a "source directly familiar with the conversation who asked not to be identified because of legal sensitivities", reported that Armitage was the "primary" source for Robert Novak's piece outing Plame. Armitage apparently mentioned Ms. Wilson's CIA role to Novak in a July 8, 2003 interview after learning about her status from a State Department memo which made no reference to her undercover status.[8] Isikoff also reported that Armitage had also told Bob Woodward of Plame's identity in June 2003, and that special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald investigated Armitage's role "aggressively", but did not charge Armitage with a crime because he "found no evidence that Armitage knew of Plame's covert CIA status when he talked to Novak and Woodward".

Novak, in an August 27, 2006 appearance on Meet the Press, stated that although he still would not release the name of his source, he felt it was long overdue that the source reveal himself.[9]

Armitage has also reportedly been a cooperative and key witness in the investigation.[10] According to The Washington Note, Armitage has testified before the grand jury three times.[11]

On August 29, 2006 Neil A. Lewis of The New York Times reported that Armitage was the "initial and primary source" for columnist Robert Novak's July 14, 2003 article, which named Valerie Plame as a CIA "operative" and which triggered the CIA leak investigation.[12] On August 30, 2006, CNN reported that Armitage had been confirmed "by sources" as leaking Ms. Wilson's CIA role in a "casual conversation" with Robert Novak.[13] The New York Times, quoting people "familiar with his actions", reported that Armitage was unaware of Ms. Wilson's undercover status when he spoke to Novak.[14]

The Times claims that White House counsel Alberto Gonzales was informed that Armitage was involved on October 2, 2003, but asked not to be told details. Patrick Fitzgerald began his grand jury investigation three months later knowing Armitage was a leaker (as did Attorney General John Ashcroft before turning over the investigation). According to lawyers close to I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, charged in October 2005 with perjury and obstruction of justice in the CIA leak investigation, "the information about Mr. Armitage's role may help Mr. Libby convince a jury that his actions were relatively inconsequential".[15]

Nonetheless, on March 6, 2007 a jury convicted Libby of "obstruction of justice, giving false statements to the F.B.I. and perjuring himself, charges embodied in four of the five counts of the indictment".[16]

Fitzgerald has issued no statement about Armitage's involvement, and as of August 2006, the CIA leak investigation remains open.

On September 7, 2006, Armitage admitted to being the source in the CIA leak.[17] Armitage claims that Fitzgerald had originally asked him not to discuss publicly his role in the matter, but that on September 5 Armitage asked Fitzgerald if he could reveal his role to the public, and Fitzgerald consented.[17]

In a review of Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War, by Michael Isikoff and David Corn, which hit book stores in early September 2006, Novak wrote: "I don't know precisely how Isikoff flushed out Armitage [as Novak's original source], but Hubris clearly points to two sources: Washington lobbyist Kenneth Duberstein, Armitage's political adviser, and William Taft IV, who was the State Department legal adviser when Armitage was deputy secretary."[18]

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

The big question is...Why hasn't Armitage and Fitzgerald been charged..Why..?

I smell an inside job here folks....

MMMMM .. THE PLOT THICKENS .. shock.gif

EmoticonWitchMoon.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Freedom Fighter
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 17 2007, 07:49 PM
Quote Post
More about the ramifications of Valerie Plame's testimony ..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CIA Damage Assessment Report ....intelligence people were identified, quickly extricated, tortured, imprisoned, or executed as a result of the leak. .

ROVEGATE -- July 10, 2005 --Newsweek magazine is reporting on the contents of a July 11, 2003 email between reporter Matt Cooper and Time Washington bureau chief Michael Duffy that was handed over, along with other email and notes, to special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald. Although the email shows that Rove talked to Cooper about Ambassador Joe Wilson's wife, there is no mention of how columnist Robert Novak obtained the information on Brewster Jennings & Associates, the carve out brass plate firm that was used by Valerie Plame and her colleagues and which was rolled up as a result of the leak. Rove and his lawyer are trying to limit the spin to Rove "not knowing" Plame's name, let alone that she was a covert CIA agent. Yet Plame's association with a non-official cover (NOC), by default, means that she was covert, pure and simple. Brewster Jennings reportedly "suffered greatly" as a result of the disclosure, according to a knowledgeable source. Another source reported that at least one Brewster Jennings NOC operating in a hostile intelligence environment was executed by counter-intelligence agents as a result of the White House disclosure. Other B&JA assets were forced to abandon their ongoing operations to identify networks involved in weapons of mass destruction proliferation. The CIA has been working on a damage assessment report on the Plame/B&JA disclosures. If no indictments of White House officials result from the Fitzgerald investigation, look for parts of that highly classified report to be leaked and then look for more imprisonments of journalists who refuse to divulge the source(s) of those leaks. Word from intelligence sources is that the damage assessment report is "devastating."

Make no mistake about it, the CIA Damage Assessment Report on the leak -- one of the hottest documents in Washington, DC, if any copies remain intact and not destroyed on orders from the Bush White House, will show that CIA non-official cover agents and assets -- some working for the Brewster Jennings and Associates CIA front company and others working for foreign intelligence agencies and other firms involved in WMD proliferation -- were identified, quickly extricated, tortured, imprisoned, or executed as a result of the leak.

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 17 2007, 11:18 PM
Quote Post
Hiya noddy, from my research, the world (and the USA) would be a safer, more peaceful place if the C.I.A. did not exist.
GREENSKULL.GIF

Thanks for archiving Valerie Plame's "official" statement.

face.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0389 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild