Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mind control in your Living Room..., Throw away the TV NOW!
Aeon23

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 01:17 AM
Quote Post
It never fails to surprise me browsing these forums how many people make comments about what they saw on TV! People: Get rid of it.

Until you are TV free for at least a month, you cannot know how controlled you are by it.

It sucks time, demotivates, inculcates falsehood and consumer values, breeds complacency and affects the vibration of your brain, bringing you to a receptive alpha state within minutes where you are more open to suggestion and manipulation.

The greatest freedom is to be had by removing this ugly mind control device from your homes. Your children will become more playful, imaginative and energetic. You will have hours more time to pursue worthwhile projects.

My family has been TV free for 3 years. I would NEVER allow that thing into my home again.

Try it... notice the withdrawls, you will feel at a loss, bored, out of sorts. IT truly is like giving up a drug. After a short while though you will feel lighter, more free, true. Insight and ideas will flood your mind. You will start to mitigate the boredom with all the things you've always wanted to do but never had the time (LOL).

If you take this challenge, please let me know how you go! PCpunch.gif

Donna

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 02:59 AM
Quote Post
Aeon23.....I have not had a TV on for viewing for a month or more...Fox news was all that I ever watched anyway and I get news on forums....

But I am on line all of my waking hours.....??? I feel that is much better to be online because of all of the information and knowledge I find.

Aeon23

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 04:26 AM
Quote Post
Fantastic! Do you have kids? I notice a huge difference between the way my kids play and the way others who watch tv play.

I believe the internet is the higher manifestation of TV, but can still be a tool for manipulation and greed. Like all things it has a dark side, though I think that in time sites like this one (which is absolutely bloody fantastic - a million thankyous PuPP!!!!) will spread and the true age of Aquarius will dawn...

I notice there has been a (near) complete silence on this topic (except for your reply Donna, already a non tvite)... I thought this would happen if I posted this topic! Nothing scarier than switching off the box - permanantly!

Be well

A23

Intentions
Group: Members
Member No.: 322
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 06:15 AM
Quote Post
Aeon23-only until the gutters are thick with cast off TEEVEES will I know that the revolution in consciousness has arrived.

I have watched tv seldom in my life, I was hooked on Laverne and Shirley and Sat Nite Live in the 70's-totally hooked on General Hospital during the Luke and Laura daze in the 80's, MTV hooked in the 80's--totally ABSENT A TV during the Bush I and Clinton administrations. The only show I jonezed for during that entire time was Oprah which somehow I must have gotten programmed for as at 3 PM a few times a week I would wonder who she had on...I have to admit however that I am a readaholic so I am conscious of escapist behavior and extremely guilty of it myself.

My only child did not have tv until he was four years old, though my thoughtful sister WOULD BRING BOTH TV AND VCR for 'him' when she would visit on weekends...though she knew what I thought about tv and specifically tv and kids' watching it. For some reason most if not all of the friends and family would explain to me that "though they had one, and though it was on all the time, they never really watch it".

I suffered through one dinner with friends the weekend of the laid out bodies of the sons of Saddam on the slabs which seemed static on the tv. I thought this was the most hideous presentation of our government who at that time was openly advocating for the murder of many specific individuals-life and partying was going on with this big screen tv showing these BODIES in the living room until finally losing it I asked that the hideous IMAGE be turned off.

My child is very calm and thoughtful, his best friends in the house are the pets who he incorporates into wild fantasy games. The funniest thing I ever saw in my life was he with his arms out like Superman running full bore down our long hall with our little cat stretched out between his arms yelling "look mom, we can fly" the looks on both our little good guys's faces were priceless. They all enjoy this energy. Better n tv anyday!

My new spouse was a big tv fan, it was on constantly but the past few years we are now going for entire days with it off.

You can definitely see the effects it has had on society-most people are so commonly rude with the 'whatevers' and the 'oh-rights' --TV talk I call it and it is definitely not allowed-no sarcasm is allowed in my house.

Other parents have wanted to discuss my attitudes that I prefer cussing in my house to sarcastic tv talk.

Dishonest communication, sarcasm, rude precocious children being the leaders of single parent households with the usually male parents portrayed as dumb dolts-total gross consumption always on display---YUCK!

PMEmail Poster
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 06:32 AM
Quote Post
I agree that for the mobile among us that TV has been a scourge on humanity. However, there are those who are not ambulatrory so that TV is their only connection to the outside world, relieving their lonliness.

For the rest of us, the desicion to toss the TV couldn't be a better one. I love the internet! I am not constrained to accepting what is chosen for me to watch, am connected to other people's thoughts, and actually learn something new every day, thanks to this forum.

BJ

Forever in Blue Jeans
Member No.: 13
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 06:39 AM
Quote Post
I can take it or leave it. Even when i'm watching it..i'm not. Unless it's Six Feet Under on HBO. I totally agree with you on theprogramming, I keep reinforcing to my 8 yr old..what you see isn't real. I try to keep it on Disc/Animal Planet..but Nick is a mainstay at our house. How many time i have said..i wish we didn't have TV at all.

Just this morning on the radio coming into work...Michael Powell..Colins son..is really pushing everyone to get a new HD TV..Digital ISN"T going to save the world. wink.gif

--------------------
Maintaining my level in the atmosfear.
PM
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:16 AM
Quote Post
I hesitated to post this, it sounds so paranoid, but given that the gov't is invading our privacy on all fronts, I'm going to write it anyway.

For some time now, I have wondered if the new TVs and telephones might not have listening devices in them where everything can be heard in the home. Why not? The technology is there...perhaps whether or not they are in use. Listening devices are nothing new! We are paying for our own enslavement.

Some years back, I read that if you hang up the telephone first, you should disconnect that line (and any extensions) for 10 seconds to prevent surveilance on subsequent calls. I disconnect for longer than that. Anyone could listen to what conversations I hold, but why should I allow that? If I were allowed to listen in on the listener's private home converstations, maybe I would feel differently.

BJ

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 289
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:16 AM
Quote Post
TV can get compared to a medicine. If you take the right amount it can help, but people can overdose, and I think that's what you're getting at here on this thread. TV by itself is not bad, yet the addict turns TV into a drug. But, people do the same thing with sex, food, nearly everything.

TV can be a wonderful adventure. During the recent Hurricanes in Florida people had the chance to see upfront the power and the fury of a Hurrican without being there. Those interested in politics, such as the President's debates have the opportunity to decide why or why not to vote.

Personally, I think getting rid of TV is the wrong thing to do. Perhaps some have to because they have allowed the TV to rule? I choose to decide when and when not to watch TV. However, the point is well taken that TV can induce a trance-like state upon certain individuals. To know this is to have power over it.

Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers.

PMEmail Poster

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:49 AM
Quote Post
QUOTE (BJ1 @ Oct 5 2004, 07:16 AM)
Some years back, I read that if you hang up the telephone first, you should disconnect that line (and any extensions) for 10 seconds to prevent surveilance on subsequent calls. I disconnect for longer than that. Anyone could listen to what conversations I hold, but why should I allow that? If I were allowed to listen in on the listener's private home converstations, maybe I would feel differently.

BJ

I heard the same thing and have been a bit paranoid about that ever since.

I often wonder if they're not only listening to us, but watching us, as well. In 1985, a strange man walked into my mother's office. They struck up a conversation and he began telling her about his former job with the government. He couldn't tell her what he did, or where he had worked, but he told her that if she knew how advanced the technology our government has is, it would blow her mind. He also told her that aids was man-made...something you didn't hear about too often back in 1985.

Intentions
Member No.: 192
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 08:01 AM
Quote Post
Last Thanksgiving we had the family over for dinner and my son-in-law who had been an Explorer with the police dept. made what I thought was an innocent remark at the time.

My wife then asked him how he knew that since she was in the bedroom talking to her sister and there was noway he could of overheard her conversation.

He admitted to her that he had a scanner and listened to her whole conversation.He said that was all they did as he was riding around with the police at night.

Needless to say the wife got real upset and told him to never bring that thing to our house again.

So,believe me,they are listening.

--------------------
"It is astonishing with how little wisdom mankind can be governed, when that little wisdom is its own."
-W. R. Inge
PMEmail Poster
FireHeart

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 09:46 AM
Quote Post
We don't have TV in our home anymore for the past 4 years. We do have a TV but we use it for videos or CD's once in a while. I am not totally against it but did not like having it with kids in the house. Too many bad things on it. I can control what I watch but was tired of the fights with the kids so got rid of cable and don't even have rabbit ears.

I wouldn't have such a big problem with TV IF they let us pick and choose our channels but they would never do that. Plus the cost is outrageous to even think of going back which I wouldn't. I do watch it when I travel once in a while and at friends houses and know I am not missing much. The kids are allowed to watch it when we are out since I am right there to see what they are watching. I just don't want them to crave TV so I don't ban it all the time. I try to be moderate with them.

But now I have to work on my internet addiction. Looks like I switched one addiction for another.ha! But at least I am learning things now and can turn the puter off and get back to it when I want. And my typing is fabulous now.hehe

BTW, I have friends who are having money troubles and know we live without TV and decided to go ahead and shut the cable off. It was costing them 65 bucks a month. They may get a pair of rabbit ears to help curb the addiction but now they have money to buy food.

Donna

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 10:44 AM
Quote Post
OP asked if I had children.....No, mine are all grown. They grew up with TV, but back in those days 20 yr ago, TV wasn't as evil as it is today.

When you have 60 some years to look back on, you can see the evil getting worse and worse....That one thing makes me a believer in the Bible. We can see good losing ground and evil gaining ground...

There are two sides, people, and there is no fence sitting.....You are for the good side (God) or for Satan's side (evil)

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 289
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 10:48 AM
Quote Post
That's a very heart-warming story about the family who got rid of Cable to buy food. Such a sacrifice to pay! It's too bad that Cable costs so much since they run so many commercials. I think Cable is a rip-off operation, don't you?

When I see guys like Bill O'Reilly of FOX TV doing an hour show a night, and taking off nearly every Friday, and he pulls in, just from FOX over 20 million a year, I think there is something radically wrong in America, and especially in the TV Business.

I hope that more and more American men become Manly and turn off Cable TV and put that money into their Children's future. Do the math. $65 a month X 12=780 dollars a year. For what? To put O'Reilly and his kind at the top of the food chain? Excuse me, but I'm not in a good mood, and I miss being able to use foul language like I used at GLP...I guess I'm having withdrawal symptoms, but I do have a few choice words for those in TV like Dan Rather, the Prince at ABC News from England...Peter Jennings, and Tom BrokeAll...they are ALL over paid while taking food out of the mouths of USA Children.

PMEmail Poster

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 03:00 PM
Quote Post
While it is true the tv does lower your frequency so does the computer, rock music, your house's electrical wiring, etc. Your best bet would be to live in a cave. But then you still have chem trails and past vaccines to inhibit your psychic abilities as well. Maybe the unibomber had a valid point.

Intentions
Member No.: 202
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 5 2004, 03:08 PM
Quote Post
I only use it for entertainment and breaking news. The internet is only so entertaining and entertainment is why I chose to incarnated at this time. That and the junk food!!!
herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif herb.gif

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0590 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild