Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bosnia Pyramids Discovered

Anarchaeologist
Group: Members
Member No.: 303
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 17 2006, 09:08 AM
Quote Post
You will find references to those places in Voltaire's "Candide" as well as cynical references to incidents that could as well apply to the recent conflicts of the 80's and 90's. Some places such as Vietnam, Afghanistan and the Middle East to name a few are in a state of seemingly perpetual conflict which I think has more to do with their geographical location as crossroads of culture than any search for ancient knowedge.

Needless to say, places like Alexandria, Nineveh and Anau just happen to be repositories of ancient knowledge as well.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
doesn't matter

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: May 8 2006, 11:14 AM
Quote Post
well, if you've red any of my posts you know I'm from bosnia and very enthusiastic because it's my country all this is about. I've loved my country even during living in basement because of war, how could I not love it now, but that's not the only reason I believe that what we have are pyramids. As I've said before they even started excavations, if u just see those hills with your own eyes you can't have any doubts so I truly hope you'll be able to come and see it, all of u! And if you can afford trip, you can afford and staying here because accomodation, food and everything else is really cheap for anyone coming from foreign countries because our standards are far beyond standard of other Europe's countries....so...hope to see u walking aronud Bosnian pyramid smileNew4.gif

The Great Ving
Member No.: 219
Mood: 

Posted: May 14 2006, 02:08 PM
Quote Post
QUOTE (PuPP @ Apr 17 2006, 12:38 AM)
I wonder, are some of these wars fueled by what can be gained from recovering ancient knowledge?

When the wars started over there, I was kind of wondering the same thing... I think that it is very possible that they could be looking for the ancient knowledge and technology but I really don't think they're looking in any of the right places for it...

PMEmail PosterAOL
doesn't matter

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: May 22 2006, 09:50 AM
Quote Post
sorry DarmonVing, but you're not right, reasons for war are well known, and ancient treasure is not any of reasons for it...but we're still alive, we found a pyramid and we we had the best song on eurosong this year (thoguh we were third) and we're fighiting for better tomorrow....

Lurker
Member No.: 681
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 10 2006, 09:08 AM
Quote Post
British expert nixes Bosnia pyramid claim

By AIDA CERKEZ-ROBINSON, Associated Press Writer Sat Jun 10, 7:08 AM ET

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - A British archaeologist on Friday rejected claims that a hill in central Bosnia is a man-made structure that many local residents insist is a pyramid.

Professor Anthony Harding, who is president of the European Association of Archaeologists, visited Visocica hill and said the formation was natural.

"Not any evidence at all has been found" to support the claim the site would be an archaeological site, he said.

No pyramids are known in Europe, and there are no records of any ancient civilization on the continent ever attempting to build one.

The pyramid theory was launched by an amateur researcher last year but it has been disputed by a number of local and international experts, who claim that at no time in Bosnia's history did the region have a civilization able to build monumental structures. They say the hill is simply a strange natural formation.

Nevertheless, Semir Osmanagic, the amateur Bosnian archaeologist who has been investigating Latin American pyramids for 15 years, organized excavations to Visocica, about 20 miles northwest of Sarajevo, in April.

His team — made up mostly of volunteers, found that the 2,120-foot hill has 45-degree slopes pointing toward the cardinal points and a flat top. Under layers of dirt, workers discovered a paved entrance plateau, entrances to tunnels and large stone blocks.

Egyptian geologist Aly Abd Alla Barakat, who arrived in May to check on Osmanagic's claims said the structure is "man made" and worth investigating.

"My opinion is that this is a type of pyramid, probably a primitive pyramid," said Barakat, a geologist from the Egyptian Mineral Resource Authority.

However, Harding, who said he visited the site briefly on Thursday and looked at the same stone blocks Barakat said were man made, said on Friday they were a natural formation.

"I've seen the site, in my opinion it is entirely natural," he told reporters in Sarajevo. Harding did not visit other sites in the area which Osmanagic and Barakat say are further evidence of the existence of pyramids in Bosnia, such as a tunnel leading to the top of Visocica or a stone pavement made of geometrically regular shaped pieces.

Harding said that although he had not seen the stone pavement, by looking at photographs, "I would not believe it to be archaeological. It looks to me as a natural stone pavement." He did not visit the tunnel either.

But Barakat, an expert in the stone blocks used to build ancient pyramids in Egypt, has recommended more experts visit the site. An archaeologist from Egypt is scheduled to visit the site this month.

The theory of a pyramid has sparked intense interest in Bosnia, with local residents seeking to cash in on the craze; restaurants serve meals in triangle-shaped plates, artisans make pyramid-shaped wooden key-chains, shopkeepers sell T-shirts saying "I have a pyramid in my backyard."

When asked to comment on Harding's statement, Mario Gerussi, the director of Osmanagic's team leading the excavations, said the team had not been informed of the timing of Harding's visit and that none of the staff at the site had seen him there.

Harding specializes in the European Bronze Age, and has led excavations in Poland and the Czech Republic as well as in Britain.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060610/ap_on_...TdmBHNlYwM3NTM-

PMUsers Website
doesn't metter

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Jun 10 2006, 09:49 AM
Quote Post
ok Black Jack, very nice statements you added here, but what's your belief? You believe it or not?

Lurker
Member No.: 681
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 10 2006, 04:32 PM
Quote Post
QUOTE (doesn't metter @ Jun 10 2006, 09:49 AM)
ok Black Jack,  very nice statements you added here, but what's your belief? You believe it or not?

Not sure, I'm still reading up on this one. Just looking at the 'pyramid' from the pics it really does look like a man-made structure. I was reading about this on a thread at another forum, but your first hand experience with this has converted me to this version of the discussion.

PMUsers Website

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Jun 11 2006, 12:41 AM
Quote Post
QUOTE (Black Jack @ Jun 10 2006, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (doesn't metter @ Jun 10 2006, 09:49 AM)
ok Black Jack,  very nice statements you added here, but what's your belief? You believe it or not?

Not sure, I'm still reading up on this one. Just looking at the 'pyramid' from the pics it really does look like a man-made structure. I was reading about this on a thread at another forum, but your first hand experience with this has converted me to this version of the discussion.

hope you'll get your own first hand experience, once you come and see it you'll have no doubts....you're welcome...

http://www.piramidasunca.ba

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Jun 17 2006, 12:36 AM
Quote Post
I believe that the truth will eventually emerge if examination is allowed.

Bosnia "Pyramid" Is Not Human-Made, U.K. Expert Says - A war of words continues to rage over the alleged discovery of an ancient pyramid in Bosnia.
Sean Markey
for National Geographic News
June 13, 2006
Bosnian-American pyramid buff Semir "Sam" Osmanagic claims a four-sided hill in the town of Visoko is Europe's first known pyramid, larger than any ever built in Egypt.

But in the latest salvo in this battle, the president of the European Association of Archaeologists said on Friday that he had visited the 700-foot (213-meter) hill and saw no evidence that it was human-made.

Speaking at a press conference in Sarajevo, Anthony Harding told reporters the pyramid-shaped hill was a natural phenomenon.

"My opinion and the opinion of my colleagues is what we saw was entirely geological in nature," the AFP news agency quoted him as saying.

"Further work of the same kind would simply produce the same results. I don't think it would change any view about what the nature of the hill is," he said.

Harding, an archaeology professor at England's University of Exeter, visited Visoko, 18 miles (30 kilometers) from Sarajevo, on Thursday.

European Pyramid?

In April 2006 the Houston-based Osmanagic and a mostly volunteer crew began limited excavations in the area and drilled exploratory wells.

The team uncovered what they describe as large stone blocks shaped by human hands and a network of tunnels fronted by a wide, paved entranceway.

Osmanagic has speculated that Illyrians-ancient ancestors of today's Albanians-could have built the alleged pyramid perhaps as early as 12,000 years ago during the last ice age.

Last month Osmanagic told National Geographic News that he was "100 percent convinced" that the pyramid was real.

Those claims have drawn near unanimous contempt from professional archaeologists.

Harding, an expert on Bronze Age Europe, has dismissed Osmanagic's theories as "wacky" and "absurd."

Balkan prehistory expert Curtis Runnels, an archaeologist at Boston University and editor of the Journal of Field Archaeology, joins the chorus of skeptics.

"Mr. Osmangic offers no concrete physical evidence to support his claims, despite the fact that they are fantastic," he said.

"[T]he area was in fact occupied by Upper Paleolithic hunter-gatherers with a Stone Age technology sufficient for building fires, tents, and simple hunting implements like bows and arrows."

"They were not pyramid builders."

Recent Twist

In another recent twist, wire reports quoted Aly Abd Alla Barakat, a geologist with the Egyptian Mineral Resources Authority.

Barakat, who visited the hill at the behest of Osmanagic's team, told the Associated Press late last week, "My opinion is that this is a type of pyramid, probably a primitive pyramid."

To the AFP, he said: "The white stuff I found between the blocks could be a glue. It is very similar to that we have found in the Giza pyramids."

Critics remain unswayed, and some have questioned Barakat's expertise.

Of the alleged Bosnian pyramid, the European Association of Archaeology's Harding said, "You'd be surprised how many natural stone formations can look as if they are man-made."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...13-pyramid.html

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Freedom Fighter
Member No.: 223
Mood: 

Posted: Jul 31 2006, 07:49 PM
Quote Post
angryNEW.gif That UK expert is full of you know what. whistlingNEW2.gif I am very confident that he knows that this is a real pyramid but not a lot of these ummmmmmmmmmm censored.gif experts will admit something like that publicly. I do remember hearing somewhere about a UK archaeologist that traveled to New England a few years ago to see an archaeological site that was built by pre-Columbian European explorers and said that even though it was what our experts claimed it was, he said that he would never admit it publicly. sigh.gif

I took a look for an update and this one almost got away...

Egyptian lends credence to Bosnian pyramid claim
Visoko, July 12, 2006
An Egyptian geologist said on Wednesday (May 17) that a hill in central Bosnia appeared to be a primitive man-made pyramid of uncertain age.

Geologist Aly Abd Barakat was sent by Egypt's government to join the local team researching what Bosnian-born amateur archaeologist Semir Osmanagic says are three 12,000-year-old pyramids -- the Bosnian Pyramids of Sun, Moon and Dragon.

Barakat told reporters at the dig on the northeastern side of Visocica hill, where huge stone blocks have been found that it was his opinion that it is probably a primitive pyramid.

"It's difficult for the nature to create this type of rock and to repeat it in the same orientation for the whole area. It's difficult, it doesn't accept," he said, pointing to compact polished blocks. "It's artificial, an artificial structure, with pyramid-shape."

He added that sand layers between the blocks were the same type of artificial cement used in ancient Egyptian pyramids.

Barakat said detailed study was needed to determine the age of the excavated blocks and the type of the material used, and said more Egyptian archaeologists would join the team in Bosnia.

"We had a pyramid wall here," said Osmanagic, as he showed reporters around the site.

"As you can see, here we have, according to doctor Barakat from Egypt, concrete which was poured here. It's material of different stone materials, about five to six different stones. On the top of it was a layer of the same material but the fine granulation. It was on the top, it was polished in the ancient time so when the sun would shine it would reflect the light, tens of kilometres around."

Osmanagic's theory about pyramids in Bosnia has been denounced by local and European archaeologists, who say that ancient civilizations in Europe lived in caves and could not build such structures.

But the U.S.-based researcher has invited sceptics to come to Bosnia.

Osmanagic has announced the existence of two more pyramid-shaped objects in the Visoko valley, some 30 km (18 miles) north of the Bosnian capital Sarajevo.

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?...=308528&sid=FTP

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 28 2006, 10:49 AM
Quote Post
Here's the latest report I have come across...

Ancient pyramids discovered in Bosnia
By Mark Whitehorn
26th December 2006
The Great Pyramid of Giza is the sole survivor of the Seven Wonders of the World. An Arab proverb says that: "Man fears time, yet time fears the Pyramids", a reference to the fact that the pyramid has survived for about 4,500 years and, in that time, has lost a mere 10 metres off its incredible 145 metre height.

Composed of two million blocks of stone, each weighing more than two tonnes, this was not erected by George Wimpey and Co in a fortnight.

For approximately 43 centuries it was the world's tallest man-made structure.

Or so we thought. Reports are emerging from Bosnia-Herzegovina of structures that make the pyramid of Giza look like a scale model (see http://www.bosnianpyramids.org/ , http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/ , and http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/ ).

At 267 metres tall, the Pyramid of the Sun blows the Egyptian opposition into the weeds.

If that wasn't enough, it is simply one of a number of pyramids located in the same region - there are also the Pyramids of the Sun, the Dragon and, most recently discovered, Love.

These revelations are not simply about who has the biggest bragging rights for historic civil engineering projects. Structures like these take colossal man power to create - estimates for a single Egyptian pyramid run into tens of millions of man hours.

Such a workforce means, in turn, huge logistical organisation - land cultivation, food transport, housing, water, waste disposal etc. The simple existence of these gigantic man-made structures in Europe means the entire history of the development of human civilization will have to be rewritten with Bosnia-Herzegovina at its centre.

All of which appears to be just fine by Semir Osmanagi? who is at the centre of these discoveries. He is referred to on bosnianpyramid.com as "Bosnia's Indiana Jones" which is either a reference to the hat and boots that he affects or his extraordinary archaeological discoveries. Not a man who appears to eschew modesty, he is quoted as saying: "My discovery will change human history".

As might be imagined, this is a very big deal in Bosnia-Herzegovina where it forms the focus of a nightly reality TV show. We strongly recommend that you visit the web sites and that you examine the other evidence that is accumulating daily on the web, such as this video, where you can see, and weigh, for yourself the evidence that this is a man-made structure.

Of course, the cynical sceptics amongst you may feel that claims like these are so fantastic as to be unbelievable, but that is not the case. We believe the reason the claims are unbelievable is more simple; they are wrong.

How can we be so sure? We have been talking to Professor John Parker of Cambridge University, the director of the Botanic Garden and also Professor of Botany at St Catharine's College. He's actually travelled there and seen the evidence first hand.

El Reg: How did you come to visit the site?

Professor Parker: I visited the site in August this year as part of a visit to Sarajevo with one of the professors there. My colleague in Sarajevo invited me to come and see this phenomenon so we made our way to the site and climbed to the top of one of the hills which was being referred to as the Pyramid of the Sun. As we climbed the hill we passed, as you would expect, Nefertiti's caf頡nd stalls selling little models of the pyramids. I must admit I began to wonder where we were.

The top of the hill was being cleared and they were digging away the surface to the depth of about a metre, exposing what looked for all the world like concrete spilling down the slopes of the hill. These inclined, flat sheets consisted of aggregate in a matrix and I gathered that these were being put forward as a man-made phenomenon. It was quite impressive: large slabs, some of them up to 50 or 60 metres long. It was explained to me as man-made concrete that had been cast as slabs with shuttering between them. This is exactly the way in which, today, we cover large areas with concrete. We use shuttering to limit the size of the slabs and the spaces left when the shuttering is removed allow for expansion.

So, having seen that, we went across the valley to the Pyramid of the Moon, a slightly lower hill, and again we went through a mass of little stalls selling this time, Mayan step pyramid models.

In contrast to the Pyramid of the Sun, where the slabs of concrete lie parallel to the side of the hill, the material that makes up the Pyramid of the Moon lies in horizontal sheets. The flat sheets of exposed material have a sort of ripple effect on the top and the whole surface broken by regular lines into what looks like crazy paving with most of the fracture lines of the crazy paving roughly parallel to each other. It is broken up into rough rectangular blocks but laid so closely together that they look just as if they have been laid by human hand.

El Reg: But you weren't convinced?

Professor Parker: Well, no, because I'd seen this kind of thing before. It is a perfect example of a fossilised beach, essentially little mud ripples on a beach which then becomes fossilised. What they were doing was cutting into the hillside to expose this beautiful raised beach.

As you looked at the profile that they had cut you saw the layers above it and every time they came to a slightly harder layer that showed that phenomenon, so they exposed it back. They were cutting the side of the hill into a series of steps, each one about a metre and a half or two meters. Hence the Pyramid of the Moon is described a stepped pyramid, as opposed to the Pyramid of the Sun where the sides are flat.

El Reg: So, what about the "concrete" on the Pyramid of the Sun?

Professor Parker: It is a natural material. When you looked at the whole site there was a very turbulent river which came down (and they are really turbulent in Bosnia) which had cut a deep valley through the mainly limestone area in which we found ourselves. However, the river rises in the mountains to the West which are mainly acidic. So the "concrete" is made of the embedded stones that were washed down from the acidic mountains deposited in an alkaline substrate.

El Reg: What about the marks of the shuttering?

Professor Parker: As the conglomerate formed and then subsequently cracked, the cracks were filled in with calcite which would be crystallised from the calcium carbonate and dolomite which makes up the matrix. If you looked at the cracks between the slabs carefully - and this is what told me straight away that it was natural - you could see that individual stones that were embedded in the matrix were shattered through.

In other words, you regularly find single stones, embedded in two slabs, cut neatly through by the "shuttering" lines. It seems highly unlikely that human beings would split stones and place the two halves neatly on either side of a piece of shuttering. But natural cracks will run through both the stones and the matrix. So the cracks are clearly a post-construction phenomenon, not a pre-construction one.

El Reg: Ok, that explains the materials found on the two hills, but how did it get there in the first place?

Professor Parker: Remember that turbulent river. You've got the aggregate which came from the acidic mountains and it came down into a calcareous lake where the big stones had settled out with the calcareous substrate to make the aggregate on one side of the valley. That explains the "concrete". On the other side of the valley the mud was left and was depositing out as beaches which were obviously a drying lake surface and I should think alternately wetting and drying. It was quite obvious that it was part of one kind of system, probably a delta type system.

Geologically it was absolutely fascinating. I've never seen a better example of this. At the same time one of my colleagues, Dr Mary Edmunds, found the most perfect fossils in the material they'd excavated on the Pyramid of the Moon.

They were simply beautiful - you broke open every piece of this supposedly man-made material and inside were things like pine seeds perfectly preserved with their wings so you could even identify the species of pine - Pinus nigra that grows there still - and also birch leaves: it was full of just wonderful sub-fossil material. That alone told us that it was clearly a post-glacial phenomenon, relatively recent - less than 12,000 years old.

El Reg: So, if the "concrete" is natural, and formed in a lake, why is it now at such an angle, forming the sloping sides of a hill?

Professor Parker: The way I was thinking about the conglomerate - why it looked like a triangle - was that if you think about the river constantly undermining soft substrate with a hard crust it becomes rather like a cr譥 brul饮 As soon as you take away the cream from below there's nothing to hold the upper material and it will collapse, and of course it will tend to shatter, if it is a flat plate, into triangular slabs. I think what you'd got is this material shattered into one of these triangular slabs which gives you the triangular shape and when you excavate it of course the conglomerate is now facing down the hill.

El Reg: So, the site is worthless?

Professor Parker: Absolutely not. I spent considerable time looking at the fossils because I've never seen any so good from a post-glacial site. It's very sad because you could have got the most detailed and intimate knowledge of the changes in vegetation patterns from the post-glacial era. It is so clearly a natural phenomenon that it should be investigated as a natural phenomenon rather than being shrouded in all this magic and mystery.

I am worried about it because the Bosnian people deserve better than this. They are a wonderful people who have suffered so much. In this site they have a fabulous natural phenomenon and the danger is that the people and the country could become a laughing stock if the site continues to be interpreted in this way.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/26/bosnian_pyramids/

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2007, 12:56 PM
Quote Post
Last week, Steve Nixon the owner of Astraea magazine introduced Sam Osmanangic to my website. A couple of days later I got an email from Sam saying he'd looked at the galleries and was surprised to find stone spheres up here in North Texas as well as the other anomalies in the galleries which were similar to those in Bosnia and other parts of the world. He said that since he was in Houston he might have a look at some of those personally in the future.

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2007, 01:38 PM
Quote Post
Cool deal Tex!

Here's a snip from a post above...
Osmanagic has speculated that Illyrians-ancient ancestors of today's Albanians-could have built the alleged pyramid perhaps as early as 12,000 years ago during the last ice age.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 10 2007, 03:06 PM
Quote Post
Personally, I suspect the date was MUCH earlier.

Can you dig it?
Member No.: 210
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 14 2007, 01:13 PM
Quote Post
QUOTE (Tex Arcana @ Jan 10 2007, 03:06 PM)
Personally, I suspect the date was MUCH earlier.

Agreed™

There is evidence to indicate there was once a powerful and widespread - perhaps global - civilization which existed before the ice age. Usually the traces of it are to be found in equatorial areas because the glaciers couldn't scour the earth there.

Perhaps during the ice age the remnant people were able to sustain the fragments of this civilization to a point, only to lose most of it due to the widespread catastrophic flooding occuring when the massive glaciers melted.

Pyramids. Stone Spheres. Anomolous artifacts found where they should not be found. Traces of roads and highways from great antiquity. Ruins found under seas and beneath the surfaces of lakes. Descriptions of atomic warfare, flight, and extraterrestrial encounters from ancient texts.

beammeup.gif

PMEmail Poster

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0359 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild