Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> DNA of Dogs

Minister Of Information
Group: Members
Member No.: 581
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 8 2005, 07:57 PM
Quote Post
dove2.gif

What lead me to this was concern for my boxer "Mozart". MutleyNew4.gif

Scientists decode DNA of dogs

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- Mankind's best friend for thousands of years is ready to teach new tricks to science.

The genetic makeup of the dog -- in this case a boxer named Tasha -- has been deciphered and should help identify genes that make both dogs and people vulnerable to cancers, heart disease, diabetes, epilepsy, blindness, deafness and even some psychiatric disorders, scientists said Wednesday.

The work is the first virtually complete decoding of the species and illuminates the blueprint that shapes everything from the smallest Chihuahua to the biggest Great Dane.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read," quipped Dr. Francis Collins, director of the National Human Genome Research Institute, crediting the late comic Groucho Marx. "We're here to unveil the book of the dog."

Collins and other researchers made their announcement at a Boston dog show. The research, overseen by the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, was published in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature.

The researchers used the DNA of a family pet whose owners wish to remain anonymous. The female boxer named Tasha was chosen from more than 100 candidates because her DNA looked especially amenable to identifying its 2.4 billion chemical building blocks. But it turned out that any dog would do, said Eric Lander, director of the Broad Institute.

"It is a historic occasion today for the relationship between humans and dogs," he said of the animal domesticated 30,000 years ago. "Dogs are prepared to teach us new tricks."

The results are more complete than those announced in 2003 for the DNA of a male poodle named Shadow. Scientists have also deciphered the DNA of mice, rats, chimps, chickens and of course humans, as well as many other organisms.
At the DNA level, two randomly chosen dogs differ only about as much as two randomly chosen people, yet the variation in appearance, size and behavior in dogs is "just mind-boggling," Lander said in an earlier interview.

"How is it within one narrow gene pool you can produce Chihuahuas and Great Danes?" he asked.

Much of the answer involves differences in turning gene activity on and off, he said, and further study could improve the understanding of that.

The new work also identified signposts along the canine DNA that will help spot genes that predispose dogs to certain diseases, some of which they share with humans.
In fact, it may be vastly easier to find disease genes in dogs than in people. Intensive breeding has left its mark in the dog genome so that finding DNA regions with disease genes "is like hitting the side of a barn," Lander said.

Such research should benefit dogs and their owners, said William Truesdale, a board member of the American Kennel Club's Canine Health Foundation, which put $2 million into the dog DNA project.

"We're trying to erase these genetic frailties" by screening dogs for disease genes prior to breeding, he said. That effort is in its infancy, but over time, many of these genes can be eliminated through breeding, he said.

And puppies can be tested to assure their owners that they won't get certain diseases, "like a Good Housekeeping seal," Truesdale said.

Dog DNA is already teaching several lessons about human DNA. For one thing, comparisons between DNA of dogs, humans and mice revealed elaborate controls on the activity of certain human genes active in early development, Lander said.
The three-way comparisons also showed that some genetic features found in humans but not mice aren't really unique to people, but also appear in dogs, he said. "The more species we look at, the more, frankly, we find that humans are not exceptional here," Lander said.

Researchers also estimated that dogs have 19,300 genes, almost all of them canine versions of genes found in people.

Prior studies have indicated that people have about 3,000 more, but Lander said the dog analysis "is leading us to question whether those are in fact real human genes." Some proposed human genes, he said, are now "suspect" and may not be genes at all.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/12/07...a.ap/index.html

DARKRAVENESS xxxxxx

peace2.gif

--------------------
"Foolish is the man who never reads a newspaper; even more foolish is the man who believes what he reads just because it is in the newspaper."

- August von Schlozer, German historian and journalist of the late 18th century.
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 8 2005, 08:06 PM
Quote Post
The domestic dog and the cat seem to be special hybrids that were created to live in our homes.

Heya Darkraveness, do me a favor and click on EDIT for your post above and view the codes for making your post in QUOTED TEXT with a WHITE Background.

Peace, Mark

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Minister Of Information
Group: Members
Member No.: 581
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 8 2005, 08:14 PM
Quote Post
PCpunch.gif

I could punch my pc PuPP. I have tired and Tired to do the white thing. But it doesn't want me to learn. Sorry. Will try harder next post. scratchinghead.gif

DARKRAVENESS xxxxxx

PCpunch.gif

--------------------
"Foolish is the man who never reads a newspaper; even more foolish is the man who believes what he reads just because it is in the newspaper."

- August von Schlozer, German historian and journalist of the late 18th century.
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 8 2005, 08:35 PM
Quote Post
Heya Darkraveness, It's the effort that counts to me.

face.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0377 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild