Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> NEW School prayer

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 18 2007, 04:59 PM
Quote Post
I received this in email...

WRITTEN BY A 15 yr. old SCHOOL KID IN ARIZONA: 
Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore Because the word "God" is mentioned.... A kid in Arizona wrote the attached

NEW School prayer

Now I sit me down in school,
Where praying is against the rule.
For this great nation under God,
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow,
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise,
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall,
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible,
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!

Amen

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Intentions
Group: Members
Member No.: 1539
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 19 2007, 10:44 AM
Quote Post
Funny, but mostly frightening, because it's true. I have family still in various school systems, and they've described these things to me, although without such eloquence.

However, a wise man once pointed out that if we set aside time in our public schools for every religion to say aloud a prayer, we would find our schools setting aside time away from learning (the primary purpose of the thing), and instead we would try to appease every sensibility with an alotted time to pray to whatever deity the students wished.

It doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to see that this could degenerate into something that should be viewed as silly, but could spiral into something truly repugnant. (To use an example of a much less pressing issue, look at the Ellen DeGeneres Dog flap in recent news. People have lost their minds over this!)

In addition, the thing would be disruptive. Let's face it, people "discover" new religions all the time, and students may abuse this time to keep from going to class or just to get attention (the class clown begins a prayer to Giggles, the God of Humor!). OK, this may be quite a stretch, but you get the point...

Perhaps we could examine the issue from another view point:

Do we here about this sort of thing in the workplace?

Yes, but not with the frothing, frantic, furor that the subject generates in our schools.

Why?

Well, some might point out that our children are impressionable, and therefore we as parents don't want them exposed to religions that for whatever reason (good, bad, OR benign) might disturb the status quo of our carefully crafted environment of the home.

Sound like utter crap? Not to some.

Others argue that the system is supressing our children at an early age, teaching them to remain silent about their beliefs. That such things, while in concept, are acceptable (at least outwardly by some), but in practice are unacceptable, or even offensive to others.

Again with the groans of disbelief? This sort of thing has been said...

I see points of truth in both statements, but let's get back to the workplace:

In this environment, everyone is assumed to be mature, stable, and most especially; compliant. When was the last time you met a compliant teenager? I think that part of the problem stems from the fact that those involved are immature, rebellious, and in varying degrees, unstable. Kids don't like being told what to do. I didn't, and chances are you could think of a few times that you didn't either.

Of course they will be vocal about these things. Youth is notorious for being very verbally opposed to what they see as wrong! They're being oppressed! (This argument is heard resoundingly from BOTH sides ironically...!)

In contrast, I once worked with a French Muslim who every day during his lunch break, would leave the premises to pray in the fashion his deity required.
No arguing, no publicity, no problem...

If it is that important, pray before school. Pray during lunch in a quiet corner to yourself. Pray DURING school in a home-school environment.

I also suspect some of our patented "child-worship" in all of this, too. At what age does a Human Being deserve less love or attention than a child?

I guess my ultimate point here is that public school is not the place for the worship of your chosen deity or faith. It is where you go to learn. For eight hours a day, five days a week, anyone should be able to set aside their religious convictions WITHOUT feeling compromised and simply GO TO SCHOOL TO LEARN.

Or I could just be crazy...

starofdavidspin.gif

This post has been edited by EvilMonk on Oct 19 2007, 10:56 AM

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0448 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild