Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Apple Mac OSX Information

Intentions
Group: Members
Member No.: 633
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 11 2006, 08:22 PM
Quote Post
I use all three platforms (XP, Linux/Unix, and OSX). I know there are lots of you Apple People out there, so this is a start.

http://www.puppstheories.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6388

http://www.puppstheories.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6387

http://www.macrumors.com/

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 07:44 AM
Quote Post
Hi Swamp Gas, I see you're a knowledgeable puter person. That's really a good talent to have. We have a few experienced Linux users on the forum, (Nightshade and Danny) and a couple of threads about Linux in this COMPUTER category you might want to check out.

Myself, I'm a mere lowly Winblows user with minor skills, but I've managed to keep my files intact since 2002 by avoiding ALL Microsoft Security Updates.

Before 2002, from 1996-2001, I was hacked more than everyone I know combined. I lost about 6 hard drives and all of my files would get corrupted, over and over and over again... it was very frustrating!

And I'd ALWAYS immediately get all of the Microsoft Security Updates as soon as I formatted and first ventured online.

The only thing I have done different to my system is I refused ALL Microsoft Security Updates.

Knock on Wood that my pc stays safe and secure!
(Yes, I did just actually knock on wood too)
face.gif

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 11:36 AM
Quote Post
Hello again Pupp

I'vew been using puters since the Thinkatron in 1960 or so

user posted image

I worked with electronic music from 1967 until now, and still have a band http://www.noble-gas.com

A grammar school buddy of my is one of the first Apple employees http://www.cfcl.com/~rick/ And worked on the I/O configs for OSX.

Right now I have a day gig as a system security manager and do multimedia development.

Enough of talking about me....... lol.gif

What matters most is what we do with these machines, not the brand. Linux/Unix is the so-called third party of OS's. Windows and Microsoft are the surveillance people. Gates literally wants to have access to everyone's machines. MS worked very close with Homeland Security to exploit holes in XP. I am no fan of Gates. He's a phony, and my friend Rick from above has met him on seceral occasions, and it is not a nice personality profile. Rick is "Mr Mellow". In high school, he would always avoid confrontation, and never talked negatively about anyone. Now Steve Jobs may be a bit of a meglomaniac, but he is oppssed to surveillance. He even said awhile ago that he and other would build a second internet if the government tried to shut it down.

Intel, IBM, Motorola, and other chippies, are just big dummies, waiting for what the OS people want next. So, from an insider point of view, there are as much politics going on in the TEch Industry as anywhere else.

This post has been edited by Swamp Gas on Mar 12 2006, 11:42 AM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 12:20 PM
Quote Post
Dang Swamp Thing, you sound like you've been around and are connected. That's really cool!

Did you hear that Gates is now worth 50 billion and is still the richest man in the world? Something seems to be wrong with that picture.

He creates an OS with major flaws and holes and no security provided.

At least his Hotmail service scans our email for virus these days.
But where was this service 10 years ago while we were all getting infected daily?

IMHO, AOL also falls into the barrel of services I do not trust because they failed to protect their users for many years also.

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 02:12 PM
Quote Post
Bill Gates, World's Richest Man, Bets Against Dollar

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...efer=news_index

Jan. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Bill Gates, whose net worth of $46.6 billion makes him the world's richest person, is betting against the U.S. dollar.

``I'm short the dollar,'' Gates, chairman of Microsoft Corp., told Charlie Rose in an interview late yesterday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. ``The ol' dollar, it's gonna go down.''

This post has been edited by Swamp Gas on Mar 12 2006, 02:13 PM

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 02:40 PM
Quote Post
Yes, as I recall he converted his US dollars to the more profitable EURO some time ago.

I believe the EURO is about 1.21 EUROs to 1.00 US.

So he probably made a nice profit by converting as well as protecting his money when US economy goes down the tubes, and it will, the international bankers have screwed us all.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2006, 08:25 AM
Quote Post
1.18 as of today. Warren Buffet, George Soros, and probably most billionaires are moving their money to Euros. Syria, Iran, Japan, China, and Venezuela are going to Euros. Hussein had recently switched to Euros, when Bushie invaded.

I would suggest to anyone is move all IRAs, CDs, 401k, and Savings to Euros ASAP. The RealEstate market is bursting. Lots of New homes, and nobody buying. The Construction business is faltering.

America is becoming a military corporation, just like Eisenhower warned. To keep this economy going, there must be perpetual war. Not very promising.

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 13 2006, 02:37 PM
Quote Post
To keep this economy going, there must be perpetual war.
Yup, you are so right!

Look what the greedy beings did to Egypt, Greece, Rome and South America.

They stole all the gold, crushed their cities and they still rule the world centuries later.

They are draining America and have stolen its gold already.

All that is left is to announce it on their propaganda devices that America is bankrupt. I see mega chaos on the horizen, starving people, cannibalism. Yikes!

--------------------

~ Buddha

Intentions
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 14 2006, 09:27 PM
Quote Post
Our only hope is to stay centered, and to talk The Truth to as many people as possible

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 14 2006, 09:44 PM
Quote Post
Hey - I had some Dr Strange comics.

At one time, before my drug addiction days, I had over 2500 comics.

I managed to save a couple dozen of them. The oldest one I have is from the 60s and was 12 cents.

You should check out my MEMBERS ONLY section...

I have some Marvel Sprites and free stuff there you may enjoy.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Anarchaeologist
Member No.: 303
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 18 2006, 05:50 AM
Quote Post
Hey, Swamp Gas. I'm a Mac user and I got OSX about two years ago when I got this G3 for $75 by way of my stepson. I've always been a Mac user since I first got online around 97 because that's what we used in our publishing business. It became more than just a choice of machines as time went by; it's more like a world view or philosophy. My stepson started out on a Tandy my cousin was throwing away after his daughter outgrew it. He then went on to use the Mac Quadra's that were being used in the newspaper business my wife worked for before she struck out on her own to start her own paper. Sadly, in his senior year in high school he began to experiment with the PC crowd building his own frankenstein caseless machines from parts. Somehow, I associate that with his voting Republican when he came of voting age and his listening to Rush Limbaugh. We thought it was just youthful rebellion against his parents' antiauthoritarian attitudes but even now years later, he shows scant sign of heeding our foaming - at - the - mouth anarchical rants delivered in ever increasing decibel levels. He bought his own son, who lives with us, a PC to play games on and suggested we hook it up to the internet so that he might play multiplayer games online. However, I told him that that PC would never be connected to the internet in our home and if anyone should attempt to do so, there would be a terrible computer crash involving shotguns and unmarked interrment of surviviving parts.
I think it's the surveillance aspect that has polarized our family to the extreme against Gates, Microsoft, IE, IBM and all the other tools of satanic suppression. (OK, maybe that's a little bit over the top, but not much. LOL!)
Anyway, it's easy to lapse into an oppressed minority mindset when you're a Mac addict and I'm glad to see the topic brought up here, Swamp. BTW, are you the same Swamp Gas that used to post on the old Enterprise forum?

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 18 2006, 04:20 PM
Quote Post
Here's some info that I found intriguing...

Hackers Get Mac Running Windows
3-17-6
Not even Apple's own technical staff thought the feat was possible

Hackers have managed to get Microsoft's Windows XP operating system running on an Apple Mac computer.

The success ends a competition started to see if the feat was even possible when Apple unveiled computers that used Intel chips.

The pair who managed the feat won $13,854 (£7,895) in prize money for their trouble.

The software used to put Windows on the Mac is now being circulated so others can try to replicate the success.

Custom care

In January 2006, the first Apple Mac computers using Intel chips were unveiled at the Macworld show by company boss Steve Jobs.

Soon after the unveiling, Mac enthusiast Colin Nederkoorn kicked off a competition to see if it was possible for the two operating systems to run independently on the same machine.

To tempt entrants, he put up $100 of his own money - a prize fund that gradually grew as news about the competition spread.

The rules of the competition stressed that to win, hackers must get both Windows XP and Apple's OSX running on the same machine and neither operating system must conflict with the other.

As late as 7 March, Apple technical experts were saying that the prize money was unlikely to be collected.

The main stumbling block for those tackling the task was the different way that Microsoft's Windows XP and Apple's OSX boot-up, or start.

Essentially, PCs and Apple Mac machines use different technology to get their operating systems loaded.

The hackers who won the contest created a custom copy of Windows XP that had modifications made to the installation files to get it working with the Apple boot system.

The hackers who won the contest are keen to keep their anonymity and are known only by the handles "narf" and "blanka". According to reports, their feat has been independently confirmed and XP has been made to run on an iMac, Mac Mini and MacBook Pro.

Technical sites such as Ars Technica have provided walkthroughs for people keen to try it for themselves, though they stress that it is likely to defeat those who are technically unskilled.

It is possible that easier ways to get a Mac booting both operating systems will appear as other hackers follow up the success.

Many people discussing the feat online stress that it is of more than casual interest. One of the many reasons that Apple machines have not proved more popular is because of the relatively small number of programs, in particular games, created for them. With work, many of the hugely popular programs for Windows may be able to run on Apple machines too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4816520.stm

--------------------

~ Buddha

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 18 2006, 04:59 PM
Quote Post
As I recall there was supposed to be an agreement a few years back between Microsoft and Apple to develop mutually compatible operating systems but Microsoft reneged on the deal. Aside from playing games, I can't understand why anyone would want to run Windows on a Mac. When Windows came out, it looked to me to be an awkward approximation of the Mac OS but then I don't know much about computers anyway; I just know what I like.

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 244
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 19 2006, 10:06 AM
Quote Post
I used to be a Mac user many years ago when I started learning how to program computers. I now am in the PC world by force. I was introduced into the PC world from my experience at my formal job where I did nothing but troubleshoot them, add them to the domain, and so fourth.

I now wished that I had stayed in the Mac world because things were not as perplexed and hopefully still not. IMO PCs are easier to manage for business users so now they have introduced software MS Windows that breaks constantly. The further threat is the folks like myself with high speed internet connection that makes PCs even more vulnerable to threats. I can't believe how much Bill Gates' net worth is for his funky software that constantly need to be troubleshot. I was fed up with the information on a new updates everyday especially when I had the responsibility of patching up over 500 computers!

bouncefire.gif

PMEmail Poster

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 19 2006, 03:43 PM
Quote Post
Akihset2004, I think that the business focus determines which machine will be used as much as anything else. The PC's seem to be tailored for high speed numerical functioning of the left brain while the Mac has been used for more right brain functions such as desktop publishing and graphic design. Without a doubt, the PC's are better suited for today's games. The Mac has always seemed to me to be the more intuitive of the two platforms requiring very little technical knowledge to do the the simple online things that fit my needs. Mac users tend to develop a more positive emotional attachment to their machines it seems to me; somewhat like that of a person to a pet.

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1073 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild