Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> That darn Spyware, Buy a printer, participate in program

Minister Of Information
Group: Members
Member No.: 244
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 7 2005, 05:42 PM
Quote Post
I purchased a printer from HP in 2002. I installed the software and it seemed to be going fine. One week after installing the software, a popup came up asking me if I wanted to participate in HP's program and that no personal information will be sent from your computer to HP, just only information on how you use the product installed on your machine.

I clicked on the no button saying that I do not want to participate. I also searched my hard drive and installed programs thinking it was spyware. I was parenoid about it, but ok, I left the program alone back then.

Now in 2005, I installed it on my computer again after a good clean format, the HP share program popped up again.
I clicked on the no do not participate, and now my computer freezes up or crashes, giving me the blue screen of death. What is going on?
I will say, Windows and HP are embedding programs inside of their softwares to monitor what users are doing with their computers. I wrote an email to HP explaining that as long as I paid for the software and printer, it is no business what I am using it for. I was angry at my computer crashing constantly. This program, when I contacted hp about it, said that it only monitors if I print documents only or only pictures, they just want to know it's primary use. I explain to the customer service representative that I don't believe in spyware being installed and embedded in my operating system and printer software. If you want to know how I choose to use my machine, send a survey in the mail, see how quickly it ends up in my trashcan. clubinhand.gif

atombomb.gif

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 146
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 7 2005, 07:05 PM
Quote Post
See that is just wrong!

PMEmail Poster

Universal Migrator
Member No.: 440
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 31 2005, 07:10 PM
Quote Post
I've also had problems with my HP and spyware. No wonder the software and drivers are hundreds of megabytes in size!

I'm also not too happy about it having been deliberately crippled to disallow network printing. Won't be buying any more HPs.

--------------------
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying your luck.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 244
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 02:25 PM
Quote Post
That's understood Nightshade, however HP is unfortunately the best ones out there. I have experimented with Cannon, Epson, and Brother all ending with headaches a year later. This printer I have had since 2002 and when I restalled my computer's operating system, it "sneaks" me into that program. I am fed up with the software they force you to install with printer drivers. IMO it is none of HP's business how I use my printer, just pay and go home with your product. Not anymore.

PMEmail Poster

Intentions
Member No.: 593
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 02:52 PM
Quote Post
Its so dangerous being connected to the internet sadoriginal.gif . Really if you want to be safe you need 2 computers, one on the internet that you don't use for anything serious, and one stand alone that is never on the internet for all your business stuff. You'd probably need to have separate printers for each computer too incase some kind of crossover thing happens with shared equipment. Too too scarey.

I hope that the banks don't keep closing down branches too because I would never use internet banking or credit card transactions.

robotskull.gif

--------------------
living the dreaming
PM

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 418
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 04:27 PM
Quote Post
Maybe you should try linux. It has open source drivers for most printers. As always with this open source stuff: do not buy the lastest, newest products, because it takes a while before the open source boys catch up... but there is a good reason for that:
-usually the drivers are made for printers (and other hardware) which are often used. If it is often used, that means it is usually better then the rest.
-the open source drivers do not contain the junk which normally come with the windows.

Since you people are so aware about this overloaded software-bulk programs, I suggest the try open-source.... There are the so called "live=cd's" out there, with linux on them which you can download and burn. If you boot from them, you can see and try linux working, which will be only installed in your computers RAM and leave your windows intact. Ofcourse a bit slower bcs it is not really installed, but good for a try. Then after you reboot without the cd, the pc was as before, with your XP or whatever.

I am running linux for 9 years now. for about 2.5 years with a firewall. I still have to get my first virus.... (and without virusscanner etc.)

rn.

--------------------
"Being controlled is for the Ignorant"
PMEmail Poster

Universal Migrator
Member No.: 440
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 05:25 PM
Quote Post
I should probably add that my HP works beautifully with the open source drivers when I hook it up to my Gentoo box. And the drivers are tiny, I mean we're talking a difference of hundreds of megs for the windows drivers versus kilobytes for the linux drivers.

I spent WEEKS trying to get it to print over the network and wondering what I was doing wrong until I stumbled across the fact that this model of printer will only accept instructions from a system that it's physically hooked up to -- it had been receiving the instructions the whole time, damn thing was just saying "NO!"

--------------------
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying your luck.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0376 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild