Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The "H Prize Programme"

Minister Of Information
Group: Members
Member No.: 581
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 26 2006, 02:32 AM
Quote Post
dove2.gif

• March 24, 2006 |
A vote for hydrogen power:

A House subcommittee chairman says he will introduce legislation next week to create a multimillion-dollar series of prizes to promote the transition to a hydrogen fuel economy, dubbed the "H-Prize" program.

The idea is inspired by the $10 million Ansari X Prize for private spaceflight, an incentive that sparked the construction of the history-making SpaceShipOne rocket plane and jump-started the private spaceflight industry. The H-Prizes could be far richer, said U.S. Rep. Bob Inglis, the South Carolina Republican who chairs the House Science Committee's research subcommittee.

"I envision a grand prize perhaps as much as $100 million, reflecting the transformational value of changing our energy dependence and the political world balance by providing a clean, abundant source of energy," Inglis said in a statement Thursday.

Inglis proposes three categories of competition:

Up to four prizes would be awarded for the best technology advancements in hydrogen production, storage, distribution and utilization.
A prize would be awarded for the best working prototype in a category using hydrogen technology.
The grand prize would be reserved for "transformational technologies that meet or exceed far-reaching objective criteria in hydrogen production and distribution to the consumer."
The idea is to move America's energy economy from petroleum fuels to hydrogen-powered fuel-cell systems. Of course, the concept would probably do little good if the hydrogen is produced merely by converting fossil fuels — as is usually the case today. The grander challenges would be to make hydrogen using "green" technologies, such as wind or bioconversion techniques, then distribute the fuel in a safe and convenient way.

Inglis' proposal calls for the Energy Department to contract with a private, nonprofit organization to administer the prizes. The prizes would be funded by public as well as private sources.

All that is music to the ears of Mark Goodstein, who is the X Prize Foundation's executive director for a yet-to-be-announced automotive prize program. Goodstein told me that there's not yet any connection between what he's doing and the "H-Prize" plan, but he saluted Inglis' initiative. "If it's done right, it will encourage a billion-dollar investment by folks trying to win the prize," Goodstein said.

Goodstein is taking a slightly different tack with the X Prize program. First of all, he doesn't envision the prize being tied to any particular energy technology. His ideal prize-winner could use hydrogen, or ethanol, or solar, or maybe even an ultra-efficient petroleum-powered engine. "Our preference is to remain technology-agnostic," he said.

He also would prefer to have market forces help determine the winner. For example, it would do no good to create a super-duper-efficient hydrogen fuel cell if it cost $99 million to build. Finally, he sees the automotive X Prize as a contest with a guaranteed winner: The prize would go to the contestant who has the best energy technology at the end of, say, two or three years.

All that being said, Goodstein can easily envision a shorter-term X Prize (or MPG Prize, if you will) being offered alongside a longer-term H-Prize. "They are entirely compatible," he told me.

We've discussed this before, of course, but feel free to weigh in with your thoughts on the H-Prize.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3217961/

DARKRAVENESS xxxxxx

peace2.gif

--------------------
"Foolish is the man who never reads a newspaper; even more foolish is the man who believes what he reads just because it is in the newspaper."

- August von Schlozer, German historian and journalist of the late 18th century.
PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 26 2006, 09:43 AM
Quote Post
Of course, the concept would probably do little good if the hydrogen is produced merely by converting fossil fuels — as is usually the case today.

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Mar 30 2006, 05:44 PM
Quote Post
I believe we will only have clean energy once the air and atmosphere of Earth has been changed enough. (More CO2 gases added).

India and China will soon be adding millions upon millions of cars, trucks, aircraft, factories and carbon monoxide emitting tools.

Factoid: India and China contain 1/3 of the Earths population.

I can only imagine how bad the air will get for those of us who do not enjoy products like Kingsford Charcoal Briquets (which is poison gas to me) or those of us who do not attend NASCAR or racing events because the fumes make us nauseous and ill.

One day you may see it if you are like me and those deadly fumes make you ill.

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0500 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild