Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Windows XP updates -- DON'T!

Universal Migrator
Group: Members
Member No.: 440
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 15 2005, 03:46 PM
Quote Post
Hopefully anyone who's downloaded the latest security updates hasn't had any problem, but they threw my Windows system into an infinite reboot cycle.

When I got it to stop, I get this (BSOD):

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of
0xc00000018 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down

Yay.

If you haven't downloaded this security update, my advice is DON'T!

--------------------
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying your luck.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

Universal Migrator
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 15 2005, 08:34 PM
Quote Post
Well ain't that cute....after giving up on fixing the problem, I figured I'd try a Windows method by running the repair feature from the installation CD.

Seemed to go fine, but the perpetual reboot started again. When I made it stop, I get this happy blue greeting:

STOP: 0x0000007b (0xF7c46528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Grrr....

Nightshade angry!! HULK_STANCE.GIF

it's back up and running now, but I had to write a new boot sector format and reinstall.

That's one bad update sadoriginal.gif

PCpunch.gif

--------------------
You start out with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before emptying your luck.

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 15 2005, 08:55 PM
Quote Post
Number of Windows updates on this hard drive: 0

I don't trust any of the patches or upgrades!

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Universal Migrator
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 15 2005, 10:00 PM
Quote Post
That's by far the best policy -- this was worse than anything any viruses I've ever had have done. The thing's up and running again, but I've been working since 4:00 to try and get it fixed WITHOUT reinstalling and all that crap, so a little frustrated that I had to resort to that....

Tis the terrible wrath of Bill.

--------------------
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Apr 16 2005, 09:31 AM
Quote Post
PuPP wrote:
"Number of Windows updates on this hard drive: 0

I don't trust any of the patches or upgrades!"

I hadn't either, PuPP. After reading some of the posts concerning Microsoft Upgrades/Patches on whatreallyhappened.com, a couple of years ago, I decided they weren't for me!

Then came the nasty that nearly brought this computer to the point of having to reformat. Aaarrrgh.

Microsoft sent the hard copy of 6.0 with the Update. It's either download that thing or the codecs won't load for MP7. Need them for videos.

Having a problem with Spyware Doctor now. Can't keep it out of Startup. Every time I run it, it reinstalls itself. Causing problems. Only want to run it manually! During the deletion of one of its many logs, the mouse quit working altogether. Restart didn't help. Had to install a new one. sadoriginal.gif

Are we having fun, Nightshade? smileNew4.gif

BJ

Universal Migrator
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 16 2005, 04:33 PM
Quote Post
Are we having fun, Nightshade?

Next time it has a problem, I'm taking a hammer to it.

This was a new one on me, not only did Windows trash itself, it trashed the boot sector as well... Windows refusing to boot is familiar territory, the hard drive itself becoming unrecognizable is not. What a bloody nightmare!

Personally, I would tell M$ to shove it and use something else for videos that doesn't use malicious and underhanded tactics that force you to eat their latest and greatest dog food -- which, I might add, Microsoft themselves won't eat. They're sitting behind Unix boxes. One of the big jokes a while back was when they released their "get the facts" propaganda page explaining why Windows was better than Linux....the server that was hosting the website was a Unix box lol2.gif

As for the Spyware Doctor, have you tried disabling it in msconfig?

--------------------
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 11:40 AM
Quote Post
LOL, Nightshade. I hear ya! It ain't funny, though.

Yes, I went through msconfig, but Spyware Doctor insists it should be there and simply reinstalls itself. Took it out from the Start button (right click, click explore), too, where it doesn't appear anymore. So...every time Spyware Doctor is run, I have to take it out with msconfig. Can't find the particular file that commands it to install itself in Startup.

Thought maybe, if daily backup of registry was taken out of Startup, it wouldn't do that. Didn't work, either. (Sigh). Looks like I'm stuck with going through the motions of using msconfig every time I want to use the scan in order to prevent a long, drawn out startup, or risk the battle that goes on between it and BOClean, which sometimes freezes the screen. Hmmmmm.

This is a Win\XP thread...oops! Next time, the "other" one.

Why aren't you using Linux exclusively? Billy is. Hope you get your huge problem fixed. Crazy! Windows not recognizing the hard drive at all! I have the right-sized hammer...will travel.

BJ

Universal Migrator
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 01:45 PM
Quote Post
Why aren't you using Linux exclusively?

I am, but my husband isn't. He's extremely frustrated with Windows, but not ready to make the switch (although I did threaten to install Linux after getting the hard drive recognized and reformatting...smileNew4.gif )

Even if I can convince him to switch, the best I can manage is a dual boot with Windows and Linux so that his games will still run.

The more I think about it, the more I'm puzzled as to why you need to update IE to get codecs for Media Player. If things weren't such a pain to uninstall, I might try getting the codecs anyways to see if they work without an update smileNew4.gif

Hmm, when Laz updated his Media Player yesterday, Sygate reported that it wanted to overwrite around 10 DLL files, it could be that one of them is coded to make it incompatible with a system that doesn't have IE 6 on it chinscratch.gif

It makes no sense, but they're known for this sort of thing.

Spyware Doctor might have created an entry for itself in the services and set itself to automatic. You can see these in msconfig, but it's better to view and edit them from Administrative Tools --> Services (if it's not in your Start menu it will be in Control Panel). I'd go through those and see if any of them seem related to Spyware Doctor, if you find one, set it to Manual (disabling it will keep you from running the program at all).

I did eventually get my nightmare problem fixed, but not in a way that I would have liked...oh well, at least it works now, we'll see how long it takes before Windows dies again.

--------------------

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 352
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 04:00 PM
Quote Post
The Nimo or Nemo codec pack, I forget which, is avaliable via FS. It is quite comprehensive in regards to codecs

PMEmail Poster
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 06:10 PM
Quote Post
Hi there, Danbones! What's FS? I don't have a clue. Thanks for caring!

Nightshade, I tried downloading only the communications files from Microsoft, but they didn't install. I think it was because the settings were NO for installing anything in Win Media Player. I have since reset to OK, only for getting the codecs installed, then will go back to NO.

On the Microsoft website for Media Player, there is almost no info about MP7. Lots for codecs for MP10. I feel like Rip Van Winkle. Was unaware of anything above MP7. Slept right through it. The Media Player needs the Vector Graphics Rendering file [VML] to play videos.

Since I already have the download of 6.0 SP1 from Microsoft website, I guess it won't make any difference to reinstall off the hard copy. Damage, if any, is already done?

Glad to know you won't be in need of my hammer. smileNew4.gif

BJ

Universal Migrator
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 12:35 AM
Quote Post
Aha! I see their dirty trick, MP7 and newer all use Internet Explorer's XML parser.

One parser to rule them all,
One parser to find them,
One parser to bring them all,
And in the darkness bind them.

(by FS, I believe Danbones means file-sharing)

I say we all take our hammers and march to Redmond clubinhand.gif

--------------------
BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 03:09 AM
Quote Post
Nightshade, a most peculiar thing just happened to me. Not wanting to show my complete ignorance, I did a search for Parse to find the meaning. There were several websites from which to choose. One topic line said that XML is written in Java. Well, blow me down! I have Java disabled.

Next site looked interesting...mind control for robots, using language. I clicked to go to one of the links and, while trying to make sense of it all, a dialog box popped up saying that IExplore was having a problem and would now close. OK. Went back to the site and got the same response. Third time, the screen froze and had to use alt\cont\del to get out of the loop. The site was titled AI something.

Is there a problem with my computer, or is there something else? This was an anti-war site. Dunno.

Will pursue this.

BJ

BJ1

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 04:28 AM
Quote Post
Pursuit pays off! After resetting to high security and deleting history, went back to search to find website concerning robot mind (Artificial Intelligence, or AI). What I found is really very interesting, but mostly for the inquisitive minds! Think you should check it out:

Search title description:

Parser Mind-Module for Artificial Intelligence -- *Stop the War
"Assigns a part of speech to a word of input ... Summon the AI Mind for MS IE 5 into your presence with MSIE. ... so that the AI could automatically parse a noun-verb-noun sequence. ..."

mind.sourceforge.net/parser.html

Also:

http://mind.sourceforge.net/m4thuser.html

The above offers a downloadable program with the offer of the aid of a robot psychiatrist in case you make the AI mind go crazy with your experiments. smileNew4.gif

Would love to try it! Fun and educational? The site says anyone can use it. There is a forum for the program, too.

BJ

Universal Migrator
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 05:46 PM
Quote Post
A little information for the curious:

XML stands for Extensible Markup Language. Sort of like how HTML, only much more flexible because it allows designers to create their own tags. The XML parser is basically an interpreter that tells your computer what to do with the XML file.

So, the XML is just that --XML, but the program that tells your computer what to do with it (the parser) can be written in any language. This is where you're seeing the Java references, as there have been XML parsers written in the Java programming language (other common languages you might run across are C, C++, Python and Perl.)

Is there a problem with my computer, or is there something else? This was an anti-war site. Dunno.

Nope, I tried going to the main page as well and had a similar problem, there's a bad script running on the page. Your system's fine, the fault is on their end smileNew4.gif Why IE died rather than asking you if you'd like to disable the script, however, only Gates knows...

Poor scripting aside (from what I can tell, the program is just too complex to run on java, it might not actually be badly written), it looks like a very cool project they've got going. I'd love to play around with it, but I don't have a spare computer to run it on. Someone should add speech recognition to its program to make it seem more alive! To bad it isn't written in something like C, they'd probably be able to get tons of programmers working on it if it didn't use such an obscure language (I've never heard of Forth, perhaps it's more common than I think...?)

I would definitely need the robot psychiatrist -- if I can make regular computers go crazy, it's almost frightening to think of what my experiments would do to an AI!

--------------------
Mentifex

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 07:25 PM
Quote Post
The <a href="http://mind.sourceforge.net/theory5.html">theory of cognitivity</a> is the basis of
the <a href="http://books.iuniverse.com/viewgiftoc.asp?isbn=0595654371&page=1"><i>AI4U</i></a> mind implementation. You may ask questions or make comments by writing a <a href="http://mind.sourceforge.net/rebuttal.html#guidelines">book review</a> on <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0595654371/">
Amazon</a>.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0637 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild