Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Unearthing the splendour of Ur in Iraq

Truth Seeker
Group: Members
Member No.: 850
Mood: 

Posted: Feb 26 2010, 07:27 PM
Quote Post
Unearthing the splendour of Ur in Iraq

The buried antiquities of Ur could one day outshine those of ancient Egypt, archaeologists at a large-scale excavation in Iraq believe.

By Mehdi Lebouachera, in Tell al-Muqayyar for AFP
Published: 11:53AM GMT 19 Feb 2010

user posted image

The Ziggurat temple, a three-tiered edifice dating back to 2113 BC. Photo: AFP/ESSAM AL-SUDANI

With the country ravaged by war and strife since the 2003 US-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein, Baghdad's struggling government has had greater priorities than funding large-scale digs at Ur - the birth place of Abraham and one of the cradles of civilisation - where only small teams have been working since 2005.

"When the (large-scale) excavations restart, tons of antiquities will see the light of day, filling entire museum wings," enthused Dhaif Moussin, who is in charge of protecting a site that has been prone to looting.

"This site will become perhaps more important than Giza," he added, referring to the plateau outside the Egyptian capital of Cairo where some of mankind's most treasured antiquities have been unearthed, including the Sphinx and several notable pyramids.

That may not be just an idle boast.

In the early 1900s a British archaeologist, Charles Leonard Woolley, made some stunning finds when he unearthed 16 tombs of Ur's elite.

Inside he found some of the greatest treasures of antiquity, including a golden dagger encrusted with lapis lazuli, an intricately carved golden statue of a ram caught in a thicket, a lyre decorated with a bull's head and the gold headdress of a Sumerian queen.

Those treasures have been compared to the riches from the tomb of the Egyptian boy-king, Tutankhamun, but they excite archaeologists even more because the graves at Ur are more than 1,000 years older.

Archaeologically, the most astonishing find of Ur has been a remarkably well-preserved stepped platform, or ziggurat, which dates back to the third millennium BC, when it was part of a temple complex that served as the administrative centre of the Sumerian capital.

To date, hardly 20 per cent of the site has been excavated, mainly by American and British archaeologists.

"Some archaeologists estimate it will take more than 30 years to dig out the entire city," said Moussin, surveying the site. Ur lies near a US air base just outside the southern city of Nasiriyah, a major battle ground of the American invasion.

"It is certain that much more material remains to be discovered," said Steve Tinney, professor of Assyriology at the University of Pennsylvania which, together with the British Museum, sponsored Woolley's excavations between 1922 and 1934.

Ur of the Chaldees, as it is mentioned in the Bible, was one of the great urban centres of the Sumerian civilisation of southern Iraq and remained an important city until its conquest by Alexander the Great a few centuries before Christ.

It is thought to have reached its apogee under King Ur-Nammu, an accomplished warrior and founder of Sumer's third dynasty, who is believed to have lived between 2112 and 2095 BC.

During his rule, the Sumerian capital boasted paved roads, tree-lined avenues, schools, poets, scribes, and stunning works of art and architecture of the kind discovered by Woolley and his team.

The kingdom was governed by a real administration and code of laws. Sumerian script, called cuneiform, is the earliest known writing system in the world.

Tinney said he hoped for the discovery of texts that would shed light on the culture and polytheistic religion of the Sumerians.

"We do not have literature on Ur-Nammu and his successors, the Sumerians or their rituals," said Tinney.

The site would be unequalled in the world if it proves to be the birthplace of Abraham, revered by Jews, Christians and Muslims alike, said Moussin.

Woolley wanted to prove that Abraham had lived in Ur, after discovering Abraham's name on a brick unearthed there.

But for all of its former glory, Ur is likely to remain buried under the site that is protected by a fragile barrier and some guards, lost in a country rocked by violence and more worried about rebuilding its present capital.

"Much remains to be done, and an endeavour must be authorised together with the central government if Iraq wants to benefit from its enormous potential as a Mecca of tourism," said Anna Prouse, an Italian diplomat in charge of a regional rebuilding team in the Iraqi province of Dhi Qar.

In addition to Ur, the province has 47 other sites "of great archaeological value," she added.

The provincial authorities do not have the budget to start titanic archaeological excavations because they are focusing on restoring electricity, sewerage systems, schools, roads, and drinking water for their war-ravaged population, Prouse said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews...Ur-in-Iraq.html

PMEmail Poster

Anarchaeologist
Member No.: 303
Mood: 

Posted: Feb 27 2010, 08:46 AM
Quote Post
Ur and more recently Gobekli Tepe in Turkey have long held the potential of overshadowing Giza. British domination of the archaeological paradigms for the West have a great deal to do with that. I don't think it's any coincidence that the Iraq invasion followed hot on the heels of some ground breaking discoveries being made by German archaeologists in Iraq, including the discovery of an impact crater which could have been the source of the world wide disruption of civilizations around 1500 BC. And don't forget the discovery of a civilization that which preceded the discovery of Sumerian cuneiform in Turkmenistan which just happens to be the place chosen as a base for US airstrikes on Afghanistan during the Bin Laden Hoaxfest. Anytime a major paradigm buster occurs anywhere in the world, look for a major disaster, human or apparently natural to follow soon.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 1 2010, 10:07 PM
Quote Post
Any new reports?

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 3 2010, 01:53 PM
Quote Post
Well, PuPP, if there is any archaeological news coming out of Old Sumer, I certainly have not encountered it. Which is not to say there is not plenty of it going on but as you know the clampdown on information has been in place since year 0 which is to say 2003. However, I did run across this, which gives the location of the Land of Nod and Enoch(Eridu) the first city built by Cain. Actually, Nod isn't really a specific location at all, but read the story. This is one of the deepest sites I've found unraveling all the twists and turns and tortures the truth was put through before it found its way into the Readers Digest Sheepherder's Guide, otherwise known as Genesis. It won't put any happy faces on literalists out there and it may give the Sitchinistas a wedgie or two but for those willing to look truth in its gnarly face it will brighten your face with many illuminations. The author, Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed., covers all the bases, linguistics, archaeology, geology and sociological history, with maps and satellite imagery to give you the big picture. He doesn't pull any punches and is quite the heavy hitter. Much of the material covered by the late Sitchin is covered, the Annunaki, the Old Serpent, the Adama, and the location and meaning of Eden, but Sitchin comes off as a kindergarten kid just learning his abc's. It's not a debunker site but a lot of cherished pop myths get the acid test in the course unraveling the tangled web of lies passed down for so many generations. Here's the link and be sure to follow the others after you have digested this first hors d'oeuvre and maybe a pack of extra strength Rolaids™Plus.
http://www.bibleorigins.net/MapOfNodWhereC...InTheBible.html

Can you dig it?
Member No.: 210
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 8 2010, 04:38 PM
Quote Post
Hey Tex waving.gif

I wouldn't consider myself a Sitchinista per se but I have read most of his books and I consider them interesting and entertaining reading even though I don't necessarily agree with everything he says (the main contention being the Planet X nonsense).

I go to that URL often. I sent it to my wacko fundy sister-in-law and she blew a fuse on me after looking at only a small amount of the material.

As I've posted on here years ago, the Bible is mostly plagiarized material, and I find the original source material so much richer and fascinating than the highly edited and distorted version we are told to believe... or else!

PMEmail Poster

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 8 2010, 07:32 PM
Quote Post
Hey, Wahya, I've read a few of Sitchin's books and I used to check in on his site to see if there was any development on a few things of interest to me there. I'm not anti-Sitchinista per se and I will say that the first half of 12th Planet is an excellent entry point and overview of Sumer for anyone who was unacquainted with the subject. His major contribution, however is the introduction of the real origins of the bible myths. Those who take that and run with it deeper down the rabbit hole will shed a lot of the scales from their eyes in the process. The pitfall is getting stuck in the Sitchin phase which is tantamount to replacing Santa Claus with the Easter Bunny. Sitchin's errors and misdirections will naturally fall away as one delves deeper into Ancient Middle Eastern history and prehistory. Sitchin gives a good innoculation against the viral memes spread by the mainstream as well. At some point, the persistent will find themselves in a territory without maps and arrival at slightly different destinations is inevitable. On the other hand anywhere you wind up can't help but be better than where you've been. cheers2.gif

This post has been edited by Tex Arcana on Nov 8 2010, 07:37 PM

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 9 2010, 12:37 AM
Quote Post
Lots of interesting info at that link Tex - thanks for sharing

http://www.bibleorigins.net/MapOfNodWhereC...InTheBible.html

When we understand that Iraq was a cradle of civilization with an ancient past and loaded with ancient artifacts - it makes sense for the Greek/Roman empire to want it all -- I hear that Iran is still high on their hit list and coming soon to a theatre near you.

--------------------

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

Can you dig it?
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 9 2010, 03:29 PM
Quote Post
There are things I had already learned on my own before I read Sitchin's books; such as how the Jesus myth is largely a retelling of ancient mesopotamian tales like Nimrud, Semiramis, and Tammuz... and the deity Marduk who was called among his other titles in Enuma Elish, the Lord Of Lords and Reviver Of The Dead.

Fascinating stuff.

PMEmail Poster

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 6 2010, 11:51 AM
Quote Post
QUOTE (Wahya @ Nov 9 2010, 03:29 PM)
There are things I had already learned on my own before I read Sitchin's books; such as how the Jesus myth is largely a retelling of ancient mesopotamian tales like Nimrud, Semiramis, and Tammuz... and the deity Marduk who was called among his other titles in Enuma Elish, the Lord Of Lords and Reviver Of The Dead.

Fascinating stuff.

Hey, Wahya & PuPPfans, don't worry about the Middle East warfest charades. I've recently found something that hints at getting to the root of the matter in a place that is currently under the radar as far as war game interference. It's got it all, lost civilizations, advanced technology (not ray guns or flying burritos), giants (well, larger than the average culture bearer) and a date stretching back to 10,000-15,000 BCE. I can't go into all the details right now but here are the keywords to get you started: Libya, Mouillians, Garamantes Kingdom, Aterians, Manmade River Project, Berbers. Also I found a teaser that I have not tracked down fully but it consists of the fact that at a Cro-Magnon site in Europe back around the 20's five symbols resembling ancient Mediterranean scripts were found dating to around 23,000 BCE. My friend, Richard Cedric Leonard, got me clued into to this a few years back and he has recently updated his overview here. We had quite an exchange earlier this year and the entry at Atlantis Quest on Rockwall was the result of that exchange. BTW be sure to check out the Quivira Project at Anarchaelogy.com for some recent additions.
http://www.atlantisquest.com/Anthropology.html

Master Of His Domain
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 13 2010, 08:36 PM
Quote Post
Thanks Tex, I read your post last week but didn't want to bury your name with a reply.

I've had a feeling that the planet conquerors had their eye on Iraq's ancient technologies and knowledge and want to push for Iran, Afghanistan and eventually into India. Alexander, the great homosexual, was never able to conquer those nations. 2300 years later, the same species of planet destroyers continue on with their push for blood.

While we stuff our fat faces and throw away more food than many nations even have to eat, we watch and do nothing.

--------------------

~ Buddha

Can you dig it?
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 20 2010, 05:45 PM
Quote Post
QUOTE (Mark J. Harper @ Dec 13 2010, 08:36 PM)
Alexander, the great homosexual

roflsmiley.gif The mental image in my head bustingupNEW3.gif have you ever seen Zorro The Gay Blade ?

Thanks for the link Tex. Good stuff.

PMEmail Poster

Minister Of Information
Member No.: 352
Mood: 

Posted: Jan 6 2011, 06:04 PM
Quote Post
It seems to take a von daniken or a sitchen, to get the public to pay a little attention, and start questioning the status quo, which hopefully leads to more meaty stuff like the Links in the OP surfacing eventually.

All the way through school they try to make us dredge truth from fiction, so I guess that's to be expeced

PMEmail Poster

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Apr 15 2011, 08:29 AM
Quote Post
Hey, PuPPfans, it's been a busy year so far but I thought I'd drop by for an update. I've been made copy editor for the Pleistocene Coalition Newsletter which is made up of a number of dissident archaeologists, geologists and artists as well as some talented laymen. Among the people I work with are Virginia Steen-McIntyre, who continues the struggle to get Hueyatlaco and the other Valsequillo sites recognized as the 250,000 YBP sites they are. Along with Virginia is Chris Hardaker who published the Valsequillo saga under "The First American" and is presently working on analysis of the Calico artifacts of similar age. Also Michael Cremo is involved and, at his request, I just sent him some documentation on human remains blasted out of solid Pennsylvanian era limestone near Brownwood, Texas in 1933 and reported by the president of the Texas Archeological and Paleontological Society, Cyrus N. Ray at that time. I've been digging out several anomalous finds from those old bulletins including a premodern skull found by Ernest Adams, discoverer of the Paluxy dinosaur tracks and a new species of dinosaur that became the state dinosaur of Texas. Eventually I'll get around to posting photos of some of those old skulls including a hyperdolichocephalic skull found by Cyrus Ray at the Roberts Mound west of Abilene Texas near the Brazos. The Brazos seems to have been a hotbed of very old human remains but only the Paleoindian Horn Shelter remains have gotten recognition from the mainstream. They too had the same archaic features found in the Wizard's Beach/Lovelock Cave skeletons. Heavy orbital ridges and upper body bone structure characteristic of Heidlebergensis and other premoderns.

On a related note I became a resource person for the Rockwall Historical Society for questions related to the buried walls (I made another short survey of sites earlier this year). Also in the old bulletins I found mention by R.K."King" Harris, discoverer of the Lake Lewisville fluted point originally dated at 38,000 YBP, of an apparent precolumbian fired brick structure and and artifacts in Rockwall County on the Upper Trinity. Harris also reported a red flint quarry on Muddy Creek which blew my mind. Muddy Creek passed through the farm where I was raised and in all my explorations of that creek in my youth I never found any rock bigger than gravel along it. Now it is underwater as part of Lake Ray Hubbard like many of the truly important sites including an Archaic burial in the old East Fork Trinity floodplain. pullhair.gif I have to thank Junkman for sending me down to Rockwall for "A History of Rockwall County" by O.L. Steger. I got one of the last of 70 copies reprinted of this rare old book. It was there that I had a long productive discussion with the curator of the Rockwall Historical Museum which resulted in her referring me and Anarchaeology.com to visitors with questions on the walls. All in all this is shaping up to be a good year despite Obamatard screwing up any chances I might have had for visiting the Mouillian sites in Libya. My sister transferred out of Japan in January just in the nick of time before the quake, tsunami and nuclear disaster. She wound up in a little munititions disposal depot on the California/Nevada border to finish out her Civil Service career. This may have been disaster for anyone else but I look upon it as a form of Divine Intervention. You see Herlong happens to be in the High Desert and region of some of the most ancient sites in the Americas. I will be visiting her there this summer and plan to do some intense searching in the desert. So far none of my contacts can give me any specific places to start as it is some distance from Calico, Lovelock and Lake Lahontan but as you know, I gots the knack for finding stuff. scoping.gif

Laterz, PuPPfans.

Yours truly,
Tex Arcana

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0393 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild