Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox
The shoutbox is currently offline!

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Click Here and visit PuPPs FREE StuFF

This website contains controversial information that may be disturbing to some viewers.
The theories, conclusions and commentaries are presented in an attempt to reveal the hidden truths.
It is up to the viewer to determine what they choose to believe after evaluating all available sources of information.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Does your government represent your best interests?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

POLITICAL ART GALLERY

IMPORTANT TOPICS

1. U.S. NEWS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE TO YOU
There is no law preventing the U.S. news media from intentionally lying to the public. Whistle blowers and honest reporters are fired for telling the truth.

2. FLUORIDE IS A TOXIN/POISON
Read the Poison Warning label on your toothpaste, then call the 800# and ask;
"Why do you put poison in my toothpaste?"

3. NEW FLU VACCINE IS LOADED WITH MERCURY
by Dr. Joseph Mercola

4. PEDOPHILES IN HIGH PLACES
Also: Conspiracy of Silence Video

5. ASPARTAME IS HARMFUL
Equal, Nutra-Sweet and over 6000 food and beverage products contain Aspartame

6. On September 10, 2001, Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to disclose that over $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) in Pentagon funds could not be accounted for.
Such a disclosure normally would have sparked a huge scandal. However, the commencement of the [9/11] attack on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon the following morning would assure that the story remained buried.

http://drinkingwaterlosangeles.com
Serving the greater Los Angeles area,
Los Angeles Drinking Water is proud to offer Reverse Osmosis filtration systems
that remove trace elements such as arsenic, mercury, lead and fluoride
which are known to be in Los Angeles tap water according to
the 2013 DWP Water Quality report.
POLITICAL ART GALLERY

"If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
~ James Madison, President of the United States

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bosnia Pyramids Discovered

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 28 2005, 09:54 AM
Quote Post
More evidence of an ancient worldwide civilization.

This image, to me, resembles MagIndi's pyramid in his backyard view down in Queensland Australia.

user posted image

user posted image

http://www.alternativnahistorija.com/AH8.htm#5.2

Archaeologists find European pyramid 
Oct 27, 2005

A team of American and Bosnian archaeologists claim to have found two new pyramids buried under hills in Central Europe.

The scientists say they found ancient labyrinths and other sand stone buildings under two unusually shaped hills in central Bosnia.

They believe the ruins indicate the hills were once human settlements, probably built by a stone age "super" civilisation tens of thousands of years ago.

They are now trying to locate ancient stairs that would lead them to the entry of the pyramids.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411366/622605

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Visiting PuPPs Fan

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Oct 28 2005, 06:10 PM
Quote Post
and who knows what else they will find, since the fae are widely believed in Europe to live under mounds and hills. Maybe these are gateways?

Grouchy old bastard
Group: Members
Member No.: 556
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 30 2005, 03:33 PM
Quote Post
Logic suggests that there was a highly developed civilization before or during the last ice age.

This dig needs to be done by scientists with open minds rather than traditionalists who will distort evidence to support their long-held views.

--------------------
So many ferals - so few bullets.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Truth Seeker
Member No.: 236
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 31 2005, 10:17 AM
Quote Post
QUOTE (PuPP @ Oct 28 2005, 09:54 AM)
More evidence of an ancient worldwide civilization.

Yes there was at least one worldwide culture PuPP. Maybe more. After some major event a lot of it was wiped out. I'm beginning to think that this is what Casey meant when he talked about Atlantis being discovered. It wasn't just one continent that he was talking about. It was a Mega Culture that left traces in all parts of the world I think.

I found a related article about the pyramid that goes into a lot more detail BTW.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pyramid found - in the heart of Bosnia!!

Near the city of Visoko, 30 km north of Sarajevo, there is a stone pyramid of monumental size, claims the Bosnian archeologist Semir Osmanagić, who lives and works in the USA.

After several months of geological and archeological research, Mr. Osmanagić concluded that under the present hill of Visočica hides a stairs-like pyramid, about 12,000 years old. Osmanagić, who intensively researched on pyramids in Americas, Asia and Africa for the last 15 years and wrote several books on the subject, says he's quite sure he found the first pyramid in Europe, which is quite similar to ones in the Southern America.

He believes that the project would completely change Bosnia's significance in the world of archeology.

On the top of "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" was a temple, built by pre-Illyrians, people who lived, according to Osmanagić, 27,000 years ago.

Mr. Osmanagić thinks he will solve the "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" in the next five years, but also prove the existence of "Bosnian pyramid of Moon", lying under the neighboring hill of Križž.

According to BBC, the leading Bosnian newspaper "Dnevni Avaz" writes:

"The pyramid is 100 metres high and there is evidence that it contains rooms and a monumental causeway ... The plateau is built of stone blocks, which indicates the presence at the time of a highly developed civilisation," the daily explains.

"Archaeological excavations near the surface have uncovered a part of a wall and fragments of steps," it reveals.

"Visocica hill could not have been shaped like this by nature," geologist Nada Nukic tells the daily. "This is already far too more than we have anticipated, but we expect a lot more from further analysis," she concludes.

http://dino.avdibeg.dk/blog/2005/10/pyrami...-of-bosnia.html

There's also a report that was broadcast by Reuters TV.

Watch Reuters TV-report at Politiken:
http://politiken.tv/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=384103&ExtID=344

PMEmail Poster

Master Of His Domain
Group: Admin
Member No.: 8
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 31 2005, 12:04 PM
Quote Post
On the top of "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" was a temple, built by pre-Illyrians, people who lived, according to Osmanagić, 27,000 years ago.

wow2.gif

Thanx JenThom!

--------------------
"Ye shall know them by their fruits"
~ Matthew 7:16

"Believe nothing. No matter where you read it, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

Grouchy old bastard
Member No.: 556
Mood: 

Posted: Oct 31 2005, 03:46 PM
Quote Post
The article mentions a causeway. It seems to me that the significance of causeways is being paid little attention. Many ancient constructions incorporate a causeway as part of the design. Giza, Stonehenge both have significant causeways. Central american sites have main avenues which play the role of the causeway. Causeways are consistent even though different designs and types of construction are used. Most causeways seem to lead somewhere and many people interpret them as ceremonial parade routes. But what about Stonehenge? The causeway seems to go nowhere.

I think the causeway is central to the sites rather than an add-on. Causeways lead from-to. From where, to where and who travels these causeways? What is the significance of the causeways? I think they relate to an earlier civilization who went somewhere or they are places for the earlier civilization to return.

--------------------
So many ferals - so few bullets.

Anarchaeologist
Member No.: 303
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 2 2005, 10:55 AM
Quote Post
I've looked over Osmanagic's Alternative Archaeology website trying to deduce more information from his photos since the site is in Bosnian or whatever language is spoken there. He seems to have a strong interest in the Maya civilization which may color his interpretation of what he has found. An advanced culture was found in Romania at Dolni Vestonice dating back 23,000 years but it was an early ceramic culture with no signs of advanced masonry. However there was a site in Siberia dating to about the same time which had stone foundations for what was probably a wood or mammoth tusk structure like the one in Romania. If the Bosnian structure is indeed a stepped pyramid I would be more inclined to think it was from the Old European Megalithic of about 5000 BC which also produced such structures as the temples of Malta. More interesting was the fact that stone spheres similar to the ones in Costa Rica have shown up in Europe according to one comment I read on a website discussing the Bosnian pyramid. Other pyramids in Europe such as the ones in Greece seem to be much younger dating perhaps to the Greek occupation of Egypt.

The problem I see with the Bosnian pyramid is that the excavation is being done by amateurs with no apparent skill in objective dating and other methods. This does not discount that the discovery may not be of great importance but unless verifiable evidence is presented this will just be another anomaly which the mainstream can easily dismiss. There is also the question of politics. Apparently this story was printed in a local paper which will print anything on the front page for a price and the owner was involved in the failed construction of an airport which was to rival that in Sarjevo. This is apparently how Reuters got the story according to Bosnian locals who were divided on the question of authenticity. It is something of an issue of nationalistic agendas wherein Bosnia seems to be in a struggle with Greece over cultural politics. All of this just goes to muddy the issue hopelessly for those of us in the West who do not fully understand all the political subcurrents surrounding the facts. It seems to me that if there is any substance to this, the Russian academics who have always been somewhat more open to controversial topics will rush in to show up the Western mainstream. Until more facts are available, I'd tend to take this with the same bags of salt I use regarding stories coming out of Pravda. I wonder if Hancock, Bauval, West or Schoch will investigate this one?

The Great Ving
Member No.: 219
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 3 2005, 11:57 AM
Quote Post
QUOTE (uggliozzi @ Oct 31 2005, 06:46 PM)
The article mentions a causeway. It seems to me that the significance of causeways is being paid little attention. Many ancient constructions incorporate a causeway as part of the design. Giza, Stonehenge both have significant causeways. Central american sites have main avenues which play the role of the causeway. Causeways are consistent even though different designs and types of construction are used. Most causeways seem to lead somewhere and many people interpret them as ceremonial parade routes. But what about Stonehenge? The causeway seems to go nowhere.

I think the causeway is central to the sites rather than an add-on. Causeways lead from-to. From where, to where and who travels these causeways? What is the significance of the causeways? I think they relate to an earlier civilization who went somewhere or they are places for the earlier civilization to return.

Causeways are an improtant feature in many sites including stonehenge, which I believe has about a 2 mile long one that is in three sections and leads to the river Avon. I was reading somewhere that such causeways are considered to be anomalies.

Well, the causeways that I have found that were key certain sites that I've worked with were primarily constructed for the dead to walk on as far as I know. I remember one site in particular that had two oddly shaped boulders that was bordered on one side by a pre-colonial stone row. North of the boulders, one of which had a curious stone ceremonial platform incorperated into it, was a two foot square hole in the wall. A few years ago, it was discovered that the hole marked the beginning of a causeway. I'm not really sure how long the causeway might have been originally, due to development, but it could have been quite long.

The problem I see with the Bosnian pyramid is that the excavation is being done by amateurs with no apparent skill in objective dating and other methods. This does not discount that the discovery may not be of great importance but unless verifiable evidence is presented this will just be another anomaly which the mainstream can easily dismiss.

That is a problem Tex. Some of us amaeturs don't have a lot of skill in "objective dating" and other methods that the supposedly professional mainstream archaeological community has but then again, how many mainstreamers would even bother to look at such an anomolous structure and take they discovery of such a structure seriously? Even with verifiable evidence, the mainstreamers, due to their inane doctrines, etc., routinely dismiss just about anything that threatens their paradigm or their best to cover it up.

There is also the question of politics. Apparently this story was printed in a local paper which will print anything on the front page for a price and the owner was involved in the failed construction of an airport which was to rival that in Sarjevo. This is apparently how Reuters got the story according to Bosnian locals who were divided on the question of authenticity.

That is interesting. There's almost always politics involved with any potential site of archaeological significance, especially if it might stand in the way of development. Of course, for the right price, most mainstreamers that I know of, would look the other way.

It seems to me that if there is any substance to this, the Russian academics who have always been somewhat more open to controversial topics will rush in to show up the Western mainstream. Until more facts are available, I'd tend to take this with the same bags of salt I use regarding stories coming out of Pravda. I wonder if Hancock, Bauval, West or Schoch will investigate this one?

They might just show up the Western mainstream. Who knows. sweating.gif

I think that there could be something there and don't dismiss the possibility of there being pyramids in places where there not supposed to be because we don't really know who built the pyramids in the first place or when the first pyramids were originally constructed or how many cultures shared their technology with other cultures.

I know who Hancock and Bauval and West are but who is Schoch?

chinscratch.gif

Author, lecturer, and guide, John Anthony West delivered a seismic shock to archaeology in the early 1990's when he and Boston University geologist Robert Schoch revealed that the Great Sphinx of Giza, Egypt, showed evidence of rainfall erosion.

http://www.jawest.net/

OK, I answered my own question.

I've just begun to look into egyptology and who's doing the research, so I really don't know enough about any of them to trust their observations and findings if they were to venture to see the pyramid anyway. Hopefully they won't send Zahi Hawass to investigate. cheers.gif

PMEmail PosterAOL

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 3 2005, 07:13 PM
Quote Post
That is a problem Tex. Some of us amaeturs don't have a lot of skill in "objective dating" and other methods that the supposedly professional mainstream archaeological community has but then again, how many mainstreamers would even bother to look at such an anomolous structure and take they discovery of such a structure seriously? Even with verifiable evidence, the mainstreamers, due to their inane doctrines, etc., routinely dismiss just about anything that threatens their paradigm or their best to cover it up.

That would depend upon the discovery and the professional who was approached. Most of the recent important sites here in Texas have been professionally dug, dated and reported due to initial discovery by amateurs who informed the right professional. A good case in point is the Gault Clovis site, the most extensive and important such site to date with its 10,000 year old inscribed stone plaques and hints at agriculture. This has not always been the case here and it is a far cry from what it could be but I am seeing and participating in a much more cooperative situation than it was even a decade ago. The project director at the site I'm involved with now went toe to toe with the City of Dallas for over a year and did delay the destruction of an Early Man site until it could be excavated and dated. The initial discoverer was an amateur who was persistent enough to keep telling people about this until he talked to the right person. It is more often the construction/commercial interests that have their way in destroying important sites because they have the funding and most archaeology projects do not. However, this same archaeologist I mentioned above has managed to get gas lines rerouted as well as roads due to important discoveries because his company has the county contracts for cultural resource management. Again, it varies greatly from person to person and region to region. I think the upcoming generation of archaeologists will set a whole new standard from their hidebound predecessors.

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 22 2005, 12:55 PM
Quote Post
Here in Connecticut, the state archaeoloist as well as the majority of the professional archaeologists here are corrupt. One that I had encountered publicly challenged my findings and went so far as to try to drag me through the mud in one of the local newspapers a few years ago. He was supposedly a professional and even taught at one of the local technical schools but moonlighted as an "archaeological consultant" who had been hired by a developer. I stood my ground with him and presented quite a bit of data and up to date references while he was only able to quote sources from the 1970's. Eventually he did lose his teaching position but it was only a minor victory since the whole state archaeology department was still intact.

We're sitting on a pretty major site here in Connecticut that spans over 250 acres with pre-colonial stone rows, perched bolders, standing stones, hundreds of ash burials, altars, at least one solar/astronomical observatory that appears to have been one major cermonial complex with influences by more than one culture and no one has done any real digging there. We spent over 10 years just cataloging what was above ground and looking for any sites that might yield artifacts. These are just two artifacts that were accidentally discovered.

user posted image user posted image

user posted image

Ever seen anything like them before Tex?

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on Nov 22 2005, 01:45 PM

PMEmail PosterAOL

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 26 2005, 04:05 PM
Quote Post
The lower one is a little out of focus but it is somewhat similar to the painted pebbles of Central Texas dating to around the middle to late Archaic. None of the ones I've seen are sculpted, though. Can you show some different angles on these so that we can get a better idea of what they look like "in the round"?

I'm familiar with some of the problems faced with regard to the megaliths of New England. Are you a member of NEARA? Also are any of the underground structures which the mainstream tries to write off as colonial root cellars in the area you are examining? And do they have a large quartz set in the back wall? What era do you think the ones you're looking at date to?

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Nov 27 2005, 09:08 PM
Quote Post
Can you show some different angles on these so that we can get a better idea of what they look like "in the round"?

I was going to take shots from different angles Tex, but I've just got front and back. Basically it's a little more than an inch thick with a finger notch in the back and a worn spot where my thumb is.

This is another image of the other face. The other image of it was created using a modified b/w hand scanner BTW.

user posted image

This one's composed of a type of quartz. Very difficult to carve.

I'm familiar with some of the problems faced with regard to the megaliths of New England. Are you a member of NEARA?

Yes I just happen to be a card carrying member of NEARA but haven't worked with them in a while. Had some other problems to take care if but now I'm getting ready to pick up where I left off and work with them again. headbanger.gif

Also are any of the underground structures which the mainstream tries to write off as colonial root cellars in the area you are examining?

In the area that I'm examining, there are no chambers due mainly to the type of terrain. Too many hills for a clear shot of the sun. However, one astronomical site was compared to a chamber site in the Hudson Valley region and the layout of both the sites was nearly identical with several similarities between the two. There were supposed to have been chambers somewhere around here, but they were said to havee been mis-identified as root cellars and destroyed a long time ago. However, a chamber site was located by NEARA less than 5 miles from where I'm doing my research.

And do they have a large quartz set in the back wall?

I'd have to look at my notes but right off the top of my head, the walls of the ones that I've examined are composed of granite, quartz and limestone. The ceilings are composed of schist and gneiss. scratchinghead.gif

What era do you think the ones you're looking at date to?

Difficult to tell but I'd say mine seem to be older than the Hudson Valley sites circa 4 to 6,000 BC but it's difficult to say for sure. The main astronomical site does have charcoal deposits within its interior that could be carbon dated I suppose. chinscratch.gif This is what they built instead of a chamber. 13 stone slabs with the opening facing 220 degrees.

user posted image

PMEmail PosterAOL
does it metter??

Unregistered

Mood: 

Posted: Dec 26 2005, 12:39 PM
Quote Post
[B][SIZE=14][FONT=Courier][COLOR=red]I'm tired of people that underestimate everything connected to bosnians! Half of you think: "It can't be truth, something like that can't be in bosnia and bosnian people are not capable to discovere something like that". You should first give someone chance to prove himself before you judge him! But no, you wouldn't do that just because he's a bosnian. Well you can underestimate bosnian people, but your atitude and behaving shows that only you here seem to be primitive

Anarchaeologist
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 27 2005, 08:06 AM
Quote Post
Osmanagic has been living in Houston long enough that we must assume he is a naturalized Texan by now. Why don't you just drop the Bosnian persecution gambit" does it matter"? It's not an issue here where the posters hail from all over the planet. The Bosnian pyramids get the same scrutiny any other site does and the jury is still out on the Bosnian pyramids. You are inventing a bias against Bosnia that does not exist here. Yeah, I'm primitive; I never denied being from Texas. winkNEW.gif

This post has been edited by Tex Arcana on Dec 27 2005, 08:09 AM

The Great Ving
Mood: 

Posted: Dec 28 2005, 12:01 PM
Quote Post
QUOTE (does it metter?? @ Dec 26 2005, 03:39 PM)
I'm tired of people that underestimate everything connected to bosnians! Half of you think: "It can't be truth, something like that can't be in bosnia and bosnian people are not capable to discovere something like that".

I really don't doubt that there is a pyramid in Bosnia. Pyramids and similar structures have been found all over the world.

For example:

Chinese Pyramids
"Great White Pyramid" of "Xian,China" is the "Worlds Largest Pyramid". It is reported to be about 300 meters high.

It is found in Tibet - located in the Qin Ling Shan mountains, about100 km southwest of the city of Xi'an, in the People's Republic of China.

Life Magazine had a picture of this Tibetan Pyramid taken in 1957. The first picture to be seen here was taken from a C-54 in world war II by a pilot who flew supplies through the Himalaya Mountain terrain as a volunteer helping the Chinese.

Hartwig Hausdorf, a researcher in Germany, sent over photographs from his collection, taken during his 1994 trip to the Forbidden Zone in The Shensi Province in China.

Estimates for an age are 4,500 years old. Hausdorf mentions the diaries of two Australian traders who, in 1912, met an old Buddhist monk who told them these pyramids are mentioned in the 5,000 year old records of his monastery as being "very old."

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyramidchina.html

Pyramid Hill on the northern plains of Victoria Australia
http://www.pyramidhill.info/

Global Distribution.

Despite the prominence of the (Great) Pyramids at Giza, the most extraordinary concentration of large pyramids is not in Egypt but in Central America. In Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala, along with neighbouring San Salvador and Honduras, well over 3000 pyramids have so far been identified and the number keeps climbing as the fast-growing jungle vegetation reluctantly releases its secrets.

From Peru to the Canadian border, there are (at least) seven giant pyramids in the Americas comparable in area and volume to the Great Pyramids of Giza. Another of similar size is reported in Xian Province in southwest China, taking the number of these super-gigantic structures to 10. The Great Pyramids are twice as high and built far greater perfection than the others but they are all at least 200m square at the base, or larger, and many are far greater in total volume.
11:30 2002-06-19

So, pyramids, or something else?

A joint expedition of Russian and Uzbek archaeologists has discovered several ancient pyramids in Uzbekistan.

According to the scientists, these 15-metre-high constructions concealed for human eyes may be at least 2,700 years old. The ancient pyramids were discovered in a remote mountains area, in Kashkadaryin and Samarkand regions, in the south of the country, BBC reports.

Archaeologists state that the discovered pyramids are similar to that ones of Giza, Egypt, though in contrast of them, Uzbek pyramids they have a flat surface.

According to the experts, thanks to their remoteness, the pyramids were not taken to pieces to serve as a building material for a later epoch.

Though it is not obligatory, that the Uzbek pyramids had the same purpose as the Egyptian ones. That could be religious constructions, all the more that they are almost two times younger. Pyramids were also built in Northern America, in Africa, by ancient Ethiopians, while Mesopotamian pyramidal towers are also sometimes compared with Egyptian pyramids, however in scientific circles this considered to be incorrect.

According to archaeologists, if the constructions are really pyramids, this is a very important discovery, taking into account that nothing of the kind was found in this area before. Now, the task of the scientist is to link the find with chronology and known local cults, to clear up what was the purpose of these constructions: tombs, temples, or something else…
You should first give someone chance to prove himself before you judge him! But no, you wouldn't do that just because he's a bosnian. Well you can underestimate bosnian people, but your atitude and behaving shows that only you here seem to be primitive

I don't underestimate anyone... and he's certainly putting up one hell of a fight.

Wow!!! huhNEW.gif

Is Bosnian hill actually an ancient pyramid?

Archaeologists study mound — but hold off from conclusions

Bosnian archaeologist Semir Osmanagic and other experts are studying Visocica hill, the promontory in the background, to determine whether it could be the top of an ancient pyramid.

By Aida Cerkez-Robinson

Updated: 11:58 a.m. ET Dec. 5, 2005

VISOKO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - With eyes trained to recognize pyramids hidden in the hills of El Salvador, Mexico and Peru, Semir Osmanagic has been drawn to the mound overlooking this central Bosnian town.

"It has all the elements: four perfectly shaped slopes pointing toward the cardinal points, a flat top and an entrance complex," he said, gazing at the hill and wondering what lies beneath.

No pyramids are known in Europe, and there is no evidence any ancient civilization there ever attempted to build one.

But Osmanagic, a Bosnian archaeologist who has spent the last 15 years studying the pyramids of Latin America, suspects there is one here in his Balkan homeland.

"We have already dug out stone blocks which I believe are covering the pyramid," he said. "We found a paved entrance plateau and discovered underground tunnels. You don't have to be an expert to realize what this is."

Osmanagic, 45, who now lives in Houston, is personally financing excavations at the Visocica hill, a 2,120-foot (646-meter) hump outside Visoko, a town about 20 miles (32 kilometers) northwest of the capital, Sarajevo.

He learned about the hill in April from Senad Hodovic, director of a museum devoted to the history of Visoko, which is rich in Bronze Age and medieval artifacts. Hodovic had attended a promotion of an Osmanagic book about ancient civilizations and thought he would like to see Visoko's pyramid-shaped hill.

When the pair climbed the hill, the sweeping view revealed a second, smaller pyramid-shaped hill. It reminded Osmanagic of pairs of pyramids he has seen in Latin America that together create a gateway into a valley.

15 anomalies found

After obtaining a permit to research the site, which is protected by the state as a national monument, the first probes of the main hill were carried out this summer at six points. Nadja Nukic, a geologist involved in the research, said she found 15 anomalies suggesting that some layers of the hill were human-made.

"We found layers of what we call 'bad concrete,' a definitely unnatural mixture of gravel once used to form blocks with which this hill was covered," Osmanagic said.

"The hill was already there," he added. "Some ancient civilization just shaped it and then coated it with this primitive concrete — and there you have a pyramid."

Small-scale excavations continued until early November, when winter set in, with the work focusing on what Osmanagic theorizes may have been the entrance to a pyramid-shaped temple.

Built by Illyrians?

Osmanagic believes the hill was shaped by the Illyrian people, who inhabited the Balkan peninsula long before Slavic tribes conquered it around A.D. 600. Little is known about the Illyrians, but Osmanagic thinks they were more sophisticated than many experts have suggested.

Nukic, who has walked up and down the hill several times, said she noticed symmetrical platforms in the slopes — indentations that Osmanagic believes are steps built into the pyramid.

A local businessman who bought a lot at the foot of the hill and brought in a bulldozer to dig the foundation for a house, meanwhile, unearthed manmade sandstone plates that the archaeologists think may have been paving stones.

Anthropologists say the Visoko valley already offers ample evidence of organized human settlements dating back 7,000 years. The town was Bosnia's capital during the Middle Ages, and German archaeologists working the valley recently found 24,000 Neolithic artifacts just three feet below the surface.

‘No fast conclusions, please’

Osmanagic is taking a cautious approach about the hill.

"No fast conclusions, please. The evidence has to be firm, at least beyond a reasonable doubt," he said.

"Not that I don't believe in a pyramid here," he added. "This place was always called 'Pyramid' by the local population. But we have to prove that this is not a natural shape."

He thinks, however, that the shape of the hill speaks for itself.

"God can make many things, but such perfectly geometrically formed slopes, pointing exactly toward the north, south, east and west — if he did that, well, that's phenomenal itself."

This post has been edited by DarmonVing on Dec 28 2005, 12:02 PM

PMEmail PosterAOL

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0486 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
~ James A. Garfield, President of the United States

MORE POLITICAL ART

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws."
~ Amschel Mayer Rothschild